More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

When will it be legal here?

Within 2 years
19%
2-5 years
13%
6-10 years
6%
11-20 years
31%
It'll never happen
31%

Total votes: 16

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

iT'S FUNNY.... well, I had caplocks on and didn't realize, I could of changed it, but I'm stoned and I don't care and this post is not subject to spell check... is that one word or 2 :?

I digressed... as did the last 7 ... or more, there's no way I'm going back from here 8)

WHY (yes, that's intentionaal capitalz)... because I've just got home from a few weeks away and Had a few cpnes in the back shed... Pete bit my face she was so excited when I got home.

Crazy day, crazy last swing.

Obviously, we don't/can't smoke weed in the work environment. We also can't smoke weed; much soon ever... when we're at home... It's Illegal :evil:

Where's this going you may ask..... well, i'm trying to convey how good a few cones of the evil weed now and then is and it shouldn't be illegal to partake!

I sat on a plane home just now... from Port headland, with the biggest bunch of drunks II've been on a plane with.
I had a few beers at the Pier in headland from around 5 today... after starting at 4 this morning on my 12th straght day up there.

Kelly picked me u[ just now, 9.40ish perth time.... and I knew i had weed in the shed :D 8)

ToNIGHt i will have the best sleep this aching body needs and I feel greta... great :)

THE END
Don't count the days, make the days count.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"I'll have what he's having." :P
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
K

Post by K »

K wrote:
Skids wrote:... I don't know too many people that haven't smoked it, and I can assure you, none of them are the walking zombies with their minds altered ;)
Mugwump wrote: ... I lived in the Hague and the Netherlands for four years and I saw many blown-out hippies, brain damaged and unemployable, and that in a regime where supply is (despite the myths) carefully controlled.
Hmm....
The NYT article above also has many reader comments, of which the ones expressing first-hand experience are of interest. Again, both camps seem to have significant representation.
Skids

Post by Skids »

David wrote:"I'll have what he's having." :P
:lol:

Yes, was a bit more potent than I thought. Plus, there's always a greater effect when you don't have any for 3 weeks and then blaze a few billys.

Slept like a log, 9 days off 8)
K

Post by K »

Skids wrote:...
Plus, there's always a greater effect when you don't have any for 3 weeks and then blaze a few billys.
That's interesting. A tolerance or desensitization effect. I guess only to be expected, but 3 weeks is not so long an abstinence period.
Skids

Post by Skids »

K wrote:
Skids wrote:...
Plus, there's always a greater effect when you don't have any for 3 weeks and then blaze a few billys.
That's interesting. A tolerance or desensitization effect. I guess only to be expected, but 3 weeks is not so long an abstinence period.
It always seems like a long time K :lol:

And most definitely! I've gone through many different frequency's of use.
Prior to FIFO, prior to work place drug testing, I used to smoke much more frequently... you do build up a tolerance. I'd suggest that's the same for, almost, all drugs?

I use three different drugs for sleep when I'm away; restavite, phenergen and Mersyndol (coedine).
Most nights I use one of these and alternate amongst the trio. Being away from home, sleeping in a single bed (usually with a pretty average mattress) isn't easy to get used to, especially when you're doing 12 hour shifts for a couple of weeks straight, in extreme conditions. If you don't get enough sleep, you're an accident waiting to happen out there, believe me.

Don't use anything when I'm home on break... well the gunja helps sometimes.
Have done so for 15 years. Checked it with my GP and he said it's fine, you function better with adequate sleep, if you need to use them, use them.

This is why cannabis should be legalised immediately!

My rant last night failed to convey what I intended.. for obvious reason... I was baked! :lol:

The plane full of alcohol affected passengers were a disgrace! Loud, obnoxious and, of most concern, aggressive. This is the biggest problem with alcohol. I'm not gunna harp on about it again, but 80% of police responses are for alcohol related incidents... 80 funkin %!!

Yes Mugs... just because one drug isn't as bad in my opinion blah bla blah.

What I want, is ALL drugs legalised and regulated.

I was thinking about this whilst walking Pete this morning.
I've run out of smoke... I wouldn't mind a bit more for the next couple of days. Have a smoke and watch the Pies win this weekend before I head back to the bush. 8)

If it was legal, I'd go down the chemist, show my medicare card and photo ID and pick up a gram or 2. It's all registered and monitored... oh yeah, Skids smokes 5 grams a month, he's a 50 yo tax payer, clean (ish) record, does the righty, all good.

Damo on the other hand, he's grabbed 30 grams in the last few weeks, doesn't work and is a bit of a rough diamond... maybe he needs reference to a GP for further monitoring.

People who need help, could be sent for it sooner rather than later.

I can get some smoke now if I want, anyone can. The black market will continue to thrive until we get smarter with drug regulation.

Prohibition of ANYTHING doesn't, hasn't and will never work.

We need to get a lot smarter about this....

Legalise, not just gunja, but, ALL drugs. It's the only way, argue all you like, but I'm right on this one.
K

Post by K »

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oh a web page.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

K

Post by K »

K

Post by K »

Mugwump