#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

stui magpie wrote:
Presti35 wrote:I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Why not?
That is so funny Stui. :lol: :lol:
There could be no better reply to such a random comment
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

The Biggest Knock I see from Dogs Fans is that he is not the Best Defensively
I am Da Man
Geek

Post by Geek »

Dave The Man wrote:The Biggest Knock I see from Dogs Fans is that he is not the Best Defensively
They say he's a bit soft too, though they will be comparing him with the likes of Bont and Libba. Can't say that I've seen Macrae take a backwards step either. Everything's relative.

What I see is a fairly big bodied mid with great agility and ability to read the bounce and the tap. Might not be the sort to dive on a grenade like Ball was or Adams is but if he connects with Grundy, he's also got good hands and kicking. He shouldn't peak for another 3 years or so. For pick 40-something? Good get.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Dave The Man wrote:The Biggest Knock I see from Dogs Fans is that he is not the Best Defensively

Yep I also heard that he is not a two way runner but this gives him an area to improve in at Collingwood. I have faith in McRae to oversee this change. Also I have always thought that really “soft” players don’t get to play for long at AFL senior level and that it is all relative to who they are compared with. You cannot have a team full of highly skilled players all being enforcers or scaredy-cats. Need a balance.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I'd take supporters appraisals with a grain of salt.

If we read our own supporters' feedback for our own players, all the 1op 10 in the Copeland need to be traded at one time or another.

Lippi couldn't break into the top tier, but that doesn't make him soft etc. it may, but he is consistently in the VFL's BOG's, that doesn't equate.

If he was that good we would need 2 first rounders, obviously he isn't that good !

Wishing for more opportunity playing for us, the Dogs were obliged not to overprice him. So I reckon he was worth more than we paid. I sort of put him in the WHE category. But that's just a gut feeling. He may find a niche/role playing onball.. and who knows ? 50 games later, he's a gun.!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

The only thing that matters to us is that he's better than the other players we have who could play in the middle such as Sier, Thomas and Rantall and therefore makes us a better team. If he didn't have flaws he'd be Jesus Christ (or God or Buddha).
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The only thing that matters to us is that he's better than the other players we have who could play in the middle such as Sier, Thomas and Rantall and therefore makes us a better team. If he didn't have flaws he'd be Jesus Christ (or God or Buddha).
Very True and I am not saying it's a Really Bad Thing just something that has been Mentioned why was not getting a Game at the Dogs
I am Da Man
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The only thing that matters to us is that he's better than the other players we have who could play in the middle such as Sier, Thomas and Rantall and therefore makes us a better team. If he didn't have flaws he'd be Jesus Christ (or God or Buddha).
I remember that Lord played for Melbourne, God and Buddha for Geelong. We need a prophet Mohammed or a Harry Krishna
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I think the fact the Dogs tabled a three year contract to him, tells you more about what they really think of him. The contract may have been heavily incentivised if he wanted to earn good money but no one gets a three year deal if the club doesn’t rate them.
He’s now got a great opportunity to cement a spot in the club’s A team midfield and all he has to do is work his backside off during the pre season to set himself up. Over to you, Pat.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

100% and hes young, who knows if he was played out of position? from his highlights he may be just what we need.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

think positive wrote:
100% and hes young, who knows if he was played out of position? from his highlights he may be just what we need.
Rantell may or may not be on our list next year but he is still 3 years younger right now.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

It's a pretty marginal and subjective call. We hope that he's better in 2022. Fingers crossed.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MJ23 wrote:Rantell may or may not be on our list next year but he is still 3 years younger right now.
At a minimum, I hope they commit to redraft him in the rookie draft if he is let go.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Literally screwed by the pooch again. What is so wrong with our club that we willingly take it from behind by clubs when we hold the aces. We said 58, the dogs demanded 41 then we give it to em instead of telling them to get stuffed or walk him to the psd. Another job well done pies. Congratulations.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Isn’t that how a negotiation works. We offered 58, they came back with a counter-offer of 36, settled on 43.