Pre-Match. Magpies v. Bombers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

tbaker wrote:^ Exactly right Frankie.
And for those that fear Melbourne - if it is justified and we were to lose, it is better to lose in the 1st final, rather than a cut-throat prelim.
Yeah, but our prelim will then be interstate in Bris or Port if we were to lose our 1 vs 4 clash.
Est. 2002
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I wish Macrae well and good luck to him and all that but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed to not see McInnes instead
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

That's just the thing Raw Hammer, we don't plan on losing round 1. Pretty simple :wink:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:I wish Macrae well and good luck to him and all that but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed to not see McInnes instead

Agree, these guys are going to walk, if they are not given opportunities. And given how many sub-par players we have had in the starting 22...disappointing that Reef has not been given a shot in the last few weeks
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Damian Barrett's Sliding Doors

IF ...

the Pies, with De Goey and Hill back, can regain even a semblance of their 2023 best on Friday night against the beleaguered Bombers
THEN ...

here comes a much-needed, confidence-boosting, top-of-ladder-confirming 12-goal win.

======================
IF ...

Brodie Grundy isn't playing for this club (Port Adelaide) next year
THEN ...

I will be very surprised. And wouldn't the Power love access to him right now as they push for a flag.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

derkd wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:I wish Macrae well and good luck to him and all that but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed to not see McInnes instead

Agree, these guys are going to walk, if they are not given opportunities. And given how many sub-par players we have had in the starting 22...disappointing that Reef has not been given a shot in the last few weeks
Could you please tell us who the sub par players were and in each case, who you would have picked instead? I was happy with the vast majority of selections this season and I’m curious to hear who you have dropped or brought in.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

This is a chance to get some winning form
A lot of performances are due to mindset
Time to shine
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Are you sure of that Raw Hammer?

I thought if you finish on top you keep getting home finals until the GF.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Only if you win first week. Otherwise, you get a home semi-final, followed by an away preliminary final if you win that.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

derkd wrote: And given how many sub-par players we have had in the starting 22...
Again who were these sub par players we have played in the starting 22 derkd? I’m really curious to know who they were mate.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Read somewhere today Nacios is ahead of schedule and is a possibility to play as a sub in the first final, either he’s right or he isn’t IMO, playing him as a sub would be imbecilic!

If he is right straight swap for Lippa IMO, my 90 year old grandmother would show Lippa a clean set of (high) heals.