Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

shawthing wrote:Well done in your time at Collingwood Taylor. We'll miss you, but no hard feelings. It was tough having to miss the GF. They were not crocodile tears. They were real because he bled for our club. Nothing but the best for the future (except Sydney winning a flag of course).
Couldn't agree more shawy - hopefully he comes back at the end of his playing career and plays a role at the club. He'll be welcomed with open arms.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I can’t believe how quickly it happened. Must have been some talks throughout the year, surely?
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I can’t believe how quickly it happened. Must have been some talks throughout the year, surely?
Hard to tell exactly when Mr M but it seems clear that this wasn't a spur of the moment thing - both clubs and player/manager come to terms very quickly.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I can’t believe how quickly it happened. Must have been some talks throughout the year, surely?
Wright's farewell comments tell a story:
We understand Taylor’s aspiration to seek opportunity at another club that will provide him with more opportunity.
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... anks-adams

It's tolerably clear he'd been informed - and you'd think the message followed promptly after the Club determined that Mitchell was better at Adams' gig. You don't talk about a guy who has played 200-odd games of footy seeking "more opportunity" at another club unless you know and he knows he's only injury back-up.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's a win win for both player and club.

I wish him well, except when we play the Swans.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

i dont really know how he was pushed out of the midfield, these days you need like 6-7 guys run through there in a game of footy... they all have to play in another position or sit on the pine when not in there...
Jordy rests up forward
Nick down back
Pendles down back and forward

it started 12 months ago when they brought Mitchell in i suspect... just like ginni is feeling right now with them potentially getting in Schulz or whatever his name is.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I didn’t know how to feel about this. Instructing your manager to talk to another club while you’re a senior leader and your club is playing in a GF just seems… off.

Then I watched the video he posted to Insta. It makes sense. I wish him well and we move on.

(Ironically if we land Schultz we’ve actually improved our team as he is a genuine half forward)
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Sorry I don’t like the way he went about it.
A leader at our Club no less, talking to another Club during PF week.
A required player no less, as stated by the Club & he goes off & has talks with another Club.

You cannot claim you bleed black & white & then a week later you’re in another State & wearing another guernsey.

If anyone needs to be looking elsewhere it’s Noble, yet he’s still staying put.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Destroying the myths on Pick 33:

1. People he is """"30"""" years old not 31!
2. He was contracted by us still for one more year
3. He was our Vice Captain
4. Culture heart and soul fabric player just like Luke Parker is to Swans
5. He attended 39% centre bounce clearances for the year
6. Swans gave up pick 46 (3rd rounder this year) and second rounder (pick 28 approx) for Grundy despite being pushed out by Dees

We got shanked!!!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Benno
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Benno »

There's something not quite right with the mixed messages - he's approached Sydney during our campaign etc.

Mitchell isn't getting any younger. Who else is playing inside mid?
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

He gave everything for our club. He owes us nothing more.
I want him to be with us next year and for him to play in a premiership, but I wish him all the best.
Thanks for your 100% guts and determination in every game in the black and white Taylor.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Lots of salt here and some acid sadly - pointless giving such people airtime by replying.

Well played Tay and all the best for your future.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

It doesn't particularly concern me that his team contacted Sydney if he was told during that period that his game time next year would be limited and there wouldn't be a contract extension discussion.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:It doesn't particularly concern me that his team contacted Sydney if he was told during that period that his game time next year would be limited and there wouldn't be a contract extension discussion.
Total agreement here.

Both sides open and straightforward which is a welcome turnaround to our dealings with players in the recent past.

Hopefully this is how we operated going forward.