#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

^ Sounds like a media person wrote it for him.
I could be wrong and it was his own apology but everything he has ever done suggests otherwise
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

But seriously who the hell cares what a 22-year-old professional footballer thinks about COVID. It's insane that we've gotten to a stage where anyone thinks we should care.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He ain’t at Collingwood anymore, and someone else will take his place. Moving on.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

inxs88 wrote:When in doubt on a 50:50 Derek Hine, you go with the big man (aka Aaron Naughton).
Too bad; done now. Numpty Hine strikes [out] again.

Having said that - do you think Naughton would have had the same scoreboard impact that Stevo did, in 2018?
And for that matter - would we have still made the 2018GF without Stevo, and Naughton in his place?
Who had the greater overall impact in their first season, is perhaps the question?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:When in doubt on a 50:50 Derek Hine, you go with the big man (aka Aaron Naughton).

Having said that - do you think Naughton would have had the same scoreboard impact that Stevo did, in 2018?
And for that matter - would we have still made the 2018GF without Stevo, and Naughton in his place?
Who had the greater overall impact in their first season, is perhaps the question?
With us not having a dominant forward since the last arrival of Hayley's Comet in 1986 (Hello BT), the chance to get a fanatical Pies fan in Naughton as a bona fide Key Position Player vs a slinky, skilled flanker was always going to be better for long term list profile.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

With us not having a dominant forward since the last arrival of Hayley's Comet in 1986 (Hello BT), the chance to get a fanatical Pies fan in Naughton as a bona fide Key Position Player vs a slinky, skilled flanker was always going to be better for long term list profile.
The Roccas and Travis Cloke say hello.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

think positive wrote:
think better wrote:I think the worst of this incident is that apparently he asked the hospital not to tell North Melbourne
where did you hear that?
Was in this Fox report.https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... c702a8248c
I think therefore I think - I think
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

think better wrote:
think positive wrote:
think better wrote:I think the worst of this incident is that apparently he asked the hospital not to tell North Melbourne
where did you hear that?
Cheers thanks mate
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

WARNING

If it's content is not confirmed by a reputable website (note - not BigFooty) and the mods team considers your post to be defamatory, we will delete it without discussion.

We choose not to have ourselves attached to your lawsuit, but will provide full contact details without hesitation.

If you persist, we will consider further action.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

HES now at Norf thankfully, time to move on, hes gone, hes their problem child now, not ours move on. WE have much bigger fish too fry now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:WARNING

If it's content is not confirmed by a reputable website (note - not BigFooty) and the mods team considers your post to be defamatory, we will delete it without discussion.

We choose not to have ourselves attached to your lawsuit, but will provide full contact details without hesitation.

If you persist, we will consider further action.
Lock thread I reckon.

He's gone. Some posters are glad. Some are still peeved about it.

I think we can all agree that we can do without a player with a broken hip right now.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:But seriously who the hell cares what a 22-year-old professional footballer thinks about COVID. It's insane that we've gotten to a stage where anyone thinks we should care.
He posted it on Instagram where he's followed by 53,000 people which would include a number of young people and has the ability to influence their thinking and behavior.

In the days of social media influencers, there's more responsibility than ever for athletes to behave as role models.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:In the days of social media influencers, there's more responsibility than ever for athletes to behave as role models.
He IS a role model - for dickheads... :P
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:
think better wrote:
think positive wrote: where did you hear that?
Cheers thanks mate
:shock:

He shouldn't need to ask. Patient confidentiality.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

piedys wrote:

Dyso, if it had delivered a flag, we wouldn't want to change anything. But it didn't. Then long term is more important than short term.

Dunno how many games Naughton played in 2018. And dunno if those games were playing back. Remember he was drafted as a CHB.

In a game (in the wet) he didn't dominate, I reckon Naughton was great in Q4 against Essendon yesterday. My favourite moment was when he could not take the mark, but followed up with a tackle, won the ball, and handballed it forward to his teammate, who kicked the goal.