#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Yep, last time he dominated he got injured the next week so let's see if he can get some consistency going
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

I never put him on a pedestal but I never pulled the bloody thing from under his feet either. He was the difference. get over it.
We had 5 players with less than 10 games and he led from the front. Later support from Pendles, Checkers and Cameron/.
Grow up and support and not nitpick.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Piesnchess wrote:Six goals is 6 goals, thats all i know, not saying hes back in town, but that will do a lot for his confidence, id say.
Play against Stuff All
I am Da Man
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

6 goals is a decent effort but against a team where on average the opposition doubles their score (which we got no where near today).

Let’s see how he backs up against decent opposition in the next month.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Jezza
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

Good game by JDG.

6 goals was the difference in the end.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Kicked a bag against minimal opposition. Let's seem him do it against good quality opposition.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Six goals is 6 goals, thats all i know, not saying hes back in town, but that will do a lot for his confidence, id say.
Play against Stuff All

Jeezus, stop being so damn glass half empty, grow up. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 130 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Play against Stuff All

Jeezus, stop being so damn glass half empty, grow up. :o
It is what it is. He kicked four on a rookie who didn't know how to play him. That's an easy day out for him. We've got three hard games coming up against Sydney, Port and Geelong. Let's se how many he kicks against those sides. I think he is a lazy player who goes missing when he can't dominate. I also think lately he knows he will always get a game no matter what he does.
Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Sun May 09, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Skids
Has liked: 26 times

Post by Skids »

ronrat wrote:I never put him on a pedestal but I never pulled the bloody thing from under his feet either. He was the difference. get over it.
We had 5 players with less than 10 games and he led from the front. Later support from Pendles, Checkers and Cameron/.
Yes, spot on. What was he meant to do, kick 12 and leap tall buildings in a single bound?
Some folks have just gotta whine and moan continually, must be a sad life.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Skids wrote:
ronrat wrote:I never put him on a pedestal but I never pulled the bloody thing from under his feet either. He was the difference. get over it.
Yes, spot on. What was he meant to do, kick 12 and leap tall buildings in a single bound?
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been a critic because he isn’t rock hard fit and I wanted him to be the saviour in midfield. I’ve moved on from that now. He’s currently a hard match up as a forward, so we might as well leave him there and let the kids who are 100 % all in, take their opportunities in the midfield.
At least then, those kids can have something to kick to.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

What we all want now is for Jordy to become a consistent performer, not just deliver occasional flashes of brilliance.

Maybe if he is told that he will be our permanent go to man up forward, this will enable him to live up to his enormous potential.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Skids wrote:

Some here are never satisfied, ever, and thats a fact. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Gerry Cooper wrote:Kicked a bag against minimal opposition. Let's seem him do it against good quality opposition.
Let’s see the mids feed the firwardsthe ball against quality opposition, or you expect him to take it out the centre and do it all himself?
Last edited by think positive on Mon May 10, 2021 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Big T »

He kicked 6. Tick. Now for Sydney. Massive underdog. Traveling. This is his chance to silence us critics.
Buon Giorno