#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Close thread

And on another note he can pinch my butt any day
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

maybe we should have kept this guy instead:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/614373/gra ... 1080667001#
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Media beat up.

Re players not listening to bucks, that was evident yesterday. 1st qtr, everyone followed the game plan, then a few just went their own way after that.

Maybe, but to be fair, Swans are not a bad side at all,and did lift massively, Longmire said that on radio today, they all lifted as he asked them too. They did smash the Tigers on the G, even. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I thought everyone wanted JDG to pull his finger out of his bum?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive wrote:maybe we should have kept this guy instead:

I'm really going to miss him doing talentless hack things like that in Grand Finals for Collingwood.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 79 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:maybe we should have kept this guy instead:

I'm really going to miss him doing talentless hack things like that in Grand Finals for Collingwood.
Yet he’s polled 22 coaches votes across 4 games already this season playing in his correct position in a side who’s 8-1 and full of players playing very good week in week out
If only he had stayed and we played him in his correct position
Better his gone he can likely now win a premiership a Brownlow or AFL coaches award this season
But we decided to trade away one of the only real stars we had in our team a bloke who never wanted to go and had already sacrificed cash for his team mates and in last GF appearance had 26 touches, 11 tackles, 5 clearances 5 inside 50’s and 6 score involvements
If the club needed to save money I could suggest another way of saving $650k on a guy who is yet to poll a single coaches vote this season and hasn’t since round 13 2020 and has a kicking eff of 44.7% this season compared to Treloar who kicking eff now sits at 66.2%
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

The chances of Treloar winning the Brownlow or the Coaches' award this season are nil. What's he, 47th? He isn't even on the leaderboard.
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:The chances of Treloar winning the Brownlow or the Coaches' award this season are nil. What's he, 47th? He isn't even on the leaderboard.
True he likely won’t because to many team mates taking votes off him but a premiership is a chance
I didn’t realise he was so far down the rankings with 25 votes polling in 5 out of 9 games this season I don’t look that carefully
Can you update me on Sidey and how many votes he’s polled this year and in how many games please mate
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm not the one making over-reaching claims on behalf of a hack Collingwood ex-mid.

Of course he's a premiership chance. He plays 8th mid from the left in a good team. Like many other second-rate footballers, if Footscray win the flag it will be with him, not because of him.
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:I'm not the one making over-reaching claims on behalf of a hack Collingwood ex-mid.

Of course he's a premiership chance. He plays 8th mid from the left in a good team. Like many other second-rate footballers, if Footscray win the flag it will be with him, not because of him.
And yet he’s polled more votes than 6 of those other mids at Footscray you speak of
But yet your man can’t poll a vote in a side devoid of talent
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Sidebottom's not "my man". He's just 2 Copeland trophies, 1 AFLCA best-finals player and one major premiership contribution ahead of Treloar. Also, he gets paid about half of what Treloar's on.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Yesterday’s man,I’m afraid^.Let’s be honest here,he’s been awful this year,
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

That says a fair bit about where the team is. Sidebottom is third for total disposals, third for total tackles, third for total goal assists, third for total clearances and third for total inside 50s, even though he's played 1 game less than most of the squad. He's plainly at the end of his career but the whacks people give him are just ridiculous. As for "awful this year", the stats say he's basically been consistently less awful than everyone in the team except Pendlebury and Grundy.

Ask yourself why a small, slow, outside player on the wrong side of 30 is so far up the rankings on all of those things, playing as an inside mid? Effort and pride is why. It'd be nice if a few more of the younger, fitter, stronger, fitter, faster guys showed a bit more of either. For example, the player with the "relaxed attitude" who is the subject of this thread.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yup!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Two first rounders and piss off.... lazy