Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Angwin could be a good player, if his personal stuff gets worked out.

Kinnear, and Davis will probably be delisted, I think Mckee and McGough could be traded. I don't think we would get much for Shaw, maybe they might delist him.
Buckethead

Post by Buckethead »

I can't believe the clowns who think Didak should be traded. My God, he's 20, once he develops his inside game BY GETTING MORE OF A GO IN THE MIDDLE he will be one the guns of the comp. Look at both Grand Finals, he was one of our best in both of them. His kicking is superb and he has sure hands under pressure, if we trade Didak which I don't think we can anyway we'd be rueing the decision for years. Also, I am a huge Heath Scotland fan the guy is great of both feet and is a real Scotty Burns type player. Remember against Essendon in Round 22 with his precision wrong foot pass to Taz for the sealer? The guy has genuine class and I wouldn't like to see him go but obviously if we want quality in Stevens and Brown we are going to have to give up some quality. However, trading Didak would be pretty silly...
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

MR Bucket. Please be reassured that Didak, re-signed during the season, cannot and will not be going anywhere.Agree, his midfield spells were rather impressive.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Thankyou wombat for that piece of calm and commonsense
Genesis 1:1
Yitzhak

Post by Yitzhak »

The main thing between us and a premiership is a first-class, quality ruckman, who can dominate the tap-outs. Enough hoping that we can make do by winning the stoppages, despite losing the tap-out. We have lots of quality midfielders: Buckley, Woewodin, Burns, O'bree, Licuria etc. We have enough goalkickers, and our backline is sound. All resources should be invested in luring over someone who can make a difference at those bounces!
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

donuts

Post by donuts »

Yeah i cant believe that people think Didak will be traded. This guy was pick number 3 im pretty sure behind #1 Nick Reiwoldt and #2 Jusin Koschinki (spelling?). Feel free to correct me if im wrong, thats just off the top of my head.
Anyway to trade to get quality players you need to give up something.
I dont know what you could give. Obviously first round draft pick. I hate to say it but i think Scotland will be offered as he has clean skills and when given ground time can get a lot of the ball.
Others could be Kinnear, McKee (ruck rule crucified him), Rupe (already told to look elsewhere). But would other clubs look at these players is the question?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Donuts You're right Didak was the third pick, but Kinnear has done enough this year we should stick with him, I was amazed to find he only had three posessions coz he was one our better players in the first quarter.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
donuts

Post by donuts »

yeah ai think there is a grey area with kinnear. Personally i dont rate him but obvioulsy the match commitee see something. I has shown me more than what i expected so it a tough one. I dont think many clubs would be interested though so you then keep him and hope more devalopment continues.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

how can we be possibly talking of trading rhyce shaw when he signed a two year deal mid season this year????
Melsa5

Post by Melsa5 »

Its called talking with emotion...don't worry they will love him again by round 1
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Thanks Northern Pie, I thought it was the drugs talking with McKernan.
Swanny21

Post by Swanny21 »

Regarding Rhyce, it would be devastating to not only me, but certainly the other Shaws who are coming our way if they knee-jerked him out of the place based on one game. He will stay and he will be better for it.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Okay, can we not mention the name Didak, anymore? We all know he isn't going to be traded, so let's not even mention his name after this point. Thanks! :D
Melsa5

Post by Melsa5 »

Amen brother.

I sick of this emotional talk!!!!! Gee we have short memories!

Common people let's get positive!