Graham Wright - ex-General Manager of Football

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Graham Wright - now ex-General Manager of Football

Post by K »

K wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:21 pm...
Magpie Russ wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:19 pm I heard Danny Daly.
Footy Classified last week said we're interested in Danny Daly (Bris) & Chris Davies (Port).

BBHS wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:09 pm...
Hopefully some more announcements to come I would imagine.
Not if it's one of the two above... Not while they're still playing finals.
Footy Classified Monday said Pies have spoken to Davies.
Brodies Dad
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Graham Wright - ex-General Manager of Football

Post by Brodies Dad »

Speaking to someone involved with another club this week, and they told me it is well known around footy circles that Wright wanted to stay but that he was forced out by Craig Kelly.

That would make sense. Wright wouldn't leave of his own account having just been there 3 years.

If that is in fact the case, it will be interesting to see what happens to Kelly in the next 6-12 months with his other issues.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Brodies Dad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:08 pm Speaking to someone involved with another club this week, and they told me it is well known around footy circles that Wright wanted to stay but that he was forced out by Craig Kelly.

That would make sense. Wright wouldn't leave of his own account having just been there 3 years.

If that is in fact the case, it will be interesting to see what happens to Kelly in the next 6-12 months with his other issues.
Brodies Dad

Yeah OK :D :D
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Culprit wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:21 pm^
^in one post he's added more value than many have in years!! :lol:
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

A Caroline Wilson article about Wright and the football department, but it's surprisingly reassuring.

The only concern is whether Craig Kelly is interfering too much into the football department, which led to Wright's departure.

Sounds like Leppitsch and Bolton will be staying, despite disagreements along the way. We've re-allocated more of our soft cap spend towards list management and recruiting.

https://archive.md/5diS6
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

This bit does not make any sense. Wouldn't that have been a positive for Wright?

Wright’s overseas trip caused Kelly and the board to reanalyse their football department soft cap and overall budget and prioritise a bigger allocation into list management and recruiting. This was one key reason Wright is not returning.
Last edited by Bucks5 on Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Brodies Dad
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Brodies Dad »

Culprit wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:21 pm
Brodies Dad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:08 pm Speaking to someone involved with another club this week, and they told me it is well known around footy circles that Wright wanted to stay but that he was forced out by Craig Kelly.

Brodies Dad

Yeah OK :D :D
Read the Caroline Wilson article today.

Kelly is going to ruin our club.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

You believe what this bitch writes 😳 How old are you? You don’t think this is a distraction from her loved Richmond who are well and truly stuffed? To each their own but I would even believe that the earth is flat before I believe one syllable from this mad human 🙄
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

The board need to step up if that is the case.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

lazzadesilva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:26 pm You believe what this bitch writes 😳 How old are you? You don’t think this is a distraction from her loved Richmond who are well and truly stuffed? To each their own but I would even believe that the earth is flat before I believe one syllable from this Collingwood hating human 🙄
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

lazzadesilva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:26 pm I would even believe that the earth is flat before I believe one syllable from this mad human 🙄
Same. I cannot recall one positive thing she has said in 10 years. Her sole intention is to be divisive at any cost.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

Just finished reading the article. Gotta say though, if it were a choice between Wright and Cement Head, I'd choose Wright to stay. Wrighty is much more clinical and level-headed in his decision making, with an eye fixed firmly on the future. He also has way more experience at club level admin. I guess time will tell.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

If this story about Kelly forcing Wright out is true I don't understand why Kelly would do that. What was the difference that drove that behaviour? If it is true I'd rather see Kelly go than Wright too. Wright brought our club back together. Kelly did not to the best of my knowledge
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Brodies Dad wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:18 pm Kelly is going to ruin our club.
I fear this too. It's like a bad movie about the fall of Rome.
Get back on top.
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

1990 reunions gonna be a bit awkward going forward.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!