#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

jackcass wrote:Isn’t that how a negotiation works. We offered 58, they came back with a counter-offer of 36, settled on 43.
Yep. Both parties need to feel like they’ve not lost. It creates goodwill and makes future negotiations possible. See the Essendon bloke as the alternative - always wants to win big so now no one wants to deal with him.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Agreed about Dodoro, is a smartarse and it has cost them Bobby Hill. If he stuffs next year and the others won't deal with him the Bummers will give him the lemonade and sars.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

WarrenerraW wrote:Literally screwed by the pooch again. What is so wrong with our club that we willingly take it from behind by clubs when we hold the aces. We said 58, the dogs demanded 41 then we give it to em instead of telling them to get stuffed or walk him to the psd. Another job well done pies. Congratulations.
I think we need to see who we land ( if anyone ) in the PSD before we condemn handing over # 43 for Lipinski. If Collingwood have a best 22 player earmarked for the PSD, then I wouldn’t be complaining to about handing over # 43. I think we still marginally got the better of the deal as it is but only time is the true judge of these trades.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pick 43 only matters now if we go into deficit for Daicos by enough points that it shifts our future first. If not then who cares, we get the player we are after with plenty of potential.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

ronrat wrote:Agreed about Dodoro, is a smartarse and it has cost them Bobby Hill. If he stuffs next year and the others won't deal with him the Bummers will give him the lemonade and sars.
Some clubs need to learn that the trade period is not about dicking over another club. It's not a game and we're not all out to win some kind of trophy.

Sure no one want's to "lose a trade", but the idea in many cases is for clubs to help each other out like Collingwood and Gold Coast did on day 1.

I know things can be different when a player rather than picks is involved, but Dodoro is obsessed with lowballing clubs for their decent players, while also demanding a kings ransom for his own players. He has no interest in finding a suitable deal that helps both clubs out. It's not in his nature. He'd much rather hold up proceedings and screw clubs around. Then he acts like he cares about a players welfare.

Dunkley 2020 = fail.
Hill 2021 = fail.

It's no secret that literally every other club won't deal with him. Essendon need to sack him. He's not good at his job. Yet he escapes scrutiny.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

jackcass wrote:Isn’t that how a negotiation works. We offered 58, they came back with a counter-offer of 36, settled on 43.
That's the other thing. We've brought in a best 22 player for a pick in the 40s. That is something.

What would be bad is failing to get the deal done and then waiting a month to get him in the PSD where anything could happen, including returning to the Dogs or being picked up by North. Why make him sweat it out when we can get him now for a pick that will likely be chewed up by Daicos bid? And a pick the Dogs will use for Darcy bid too. It's like trading thin air.

We've done really well. We got our man and we still have a PSD pick if someone takes our fancy.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Welcome Paddy, well done. Now Pendles can have a rest maybe up forward for awhile, hes been dying for a rest for years, as Danny said in the movie, THE CLUB. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Presti35 wrote:
That's the other thing. We've brought in a best 22 player for a pick in the 40s. That is something.

What would be bad is failing to get the deal done and then waiting a month to get him in the PSD where anything could happen, including returning to the Dogs or being picked up by North. Why make him sweat it out when we can get him now for a pick that will likely be chewed up by Daicos bid? And a pick the Dogs will use for Darcy bid too. It's like trading thin air.

We've done really well. We got our man and we still have a PSD pick if someone takes our fancy.
Charlie Constable. Has to be.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Piesnchess wrote:Welcome Paddy, well done. Now Pendles can have a rest maybe up forward for awhile, hes been dying for a rest for years, as Danny said in the movie, THE CLUB. !
I don't think Pendles wants to rest.
He's playing well enough to keep going as he always has!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Lipinksi for Treloar could turn out to be a very epic trade.
Get back on top.
BazBoy
Been liked: 28 times

Post by BazBoy »

One of the things in his video clip was the ability to craft goal scoring opportunities so with JT retirement he may well fill the role Josh was there for
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I think it's fair deal for both clubs. Neither club lost out here.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

After such a loss, much gets lost in the post match dissection. But Patrick Lipinski played another great game, off the back of an already stellar 2022.

He's running at 23 goal assits for the season, ranking him at 6th in the Comp this year.
In the QF against Geelong, he had a season high of 3.

He has laid 79 tackles for an averfage of 3.52 per game.
Gatherered 8.09 Contested Possesions and 13.91 Uncontested Possessions per game.
An important stat is the 3.22 Inside 50's per game, highlighting his effectiveness as a link player to deliver the ball inside F50. That's on par with Josh Daicos.
When it comes to disposal efficency, at 70.07% he's ahead of JDG & Sidey and knocking on the door of Nick Daicos at 71.35%.

All in all, he's been one of our great pick-ups, so full credit to the Football Dep't for identifying him and offloading the meagure pick 43 to secure him.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... t=LA&st=EP
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Recruit of the year!

And just think of the incoming players we have coming, 2023 is shaping up to be a corker!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Couldn’t agree more. He’s a ripper and you can trust him when he has the ball in hand. He strikes me as a player with more growth in him and I can’t help but think he plays a bigger role in our midfield next year.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “