#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Gotta say, usually a tad skeptical when charges are dropped however when costs are paid by the police Im less so.

Also, there is no way Collingwood or the AFL would have let him play IF there was more serious aspects about the allegation.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

The police may have dropped said charges because the person involved no longer wished to go through with it. That may or not have happened for many different reasons. A bit like when the Turtle pulled out after meeting the board, there are many and varied shades of possibilities, and completely innocent is simply one of them. Wouldn't be the first time the police thought they had a case until it fell through due to one reason or another. Best not to take too much of a pro/anti any one stance and just let JDG move on and play.
Get back on top.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Cam wrote:The police may have dropped said charges because the person involved no longer wished to go through with it
Not in his case. The girl had already said she didn’t want to go ahead years ago... then in 2020 the police/DPP decided to go ahead regardless

Charges are laid by police but withdrawn by the prosecutor
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by stui magpie »

A couple of interesting points.

1. The media reports all refer to DeGoey being charged with Indecent Assault, that term was removed as an offence in 2015 and replaced by Sexual Assault

2. Sexual Assault requires touching (or the threat to touch) so simply saying "nice tits" alone would not meet the threshold for charges

By comparison, back in 1997, Wayne Carey pleaded guilty to a charge of indecent assault after grabbing a woman's breast and telling her to "get a bigger set of tits" after being on the p155 for hours.

I'm glad it's out of the way, I hope De Goey has learned to pull his head in and has grown up a bit, he's starting to show some really good form on field.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Wayne Carey grabbed a girls whose father owned a very large construction company. Then ACTU boss was on Norths board and had influence that would have led to companies demise . Not going to name names but we should be able to work out who they are.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Jezza
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

Relief for JDG.

Hopefully going forward he can just let his footy do the talking now.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Clearly the issue was how he spoke to her. I’m not excusing JDG’s alleged behaviour, but there’s no excusing the media reporting

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/de- ... 5597o.html
Wow just wow. No not ok but not worth what he went through, disgraceful
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I think JDG still has some driving offences to deal with if I’m not mistaken.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:This conspiracy theory thing is getting seriously out of hand if you believe for a moment that our under-resourced Police prosecutors would spend precious time pursuing someone on the basis of a comment such as that.
Yep. Reportedly the complainant decided she wanted to take it further. Not a police conspiracy. (If folks want to find gross police misconduct, they can just look at the D. Laidley thread.)
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Have only recently started to post again here (enjoying some of the reasoned points of view and banter).

Checked the Chicks Channel to get a women's view - see that has been closed for some time. Would have been interesting to hear what women think of these type of matters.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Magpie Russ wrote:Have only recently started to post again here (enjoying some of the reasoned points of view and banter).

Checked the Chicks Channel to get a women's view - see that has been closed for some time. Would have been interesting to hear what women think of these type of matters.
i never went into the chicks channel! for me, i want to know what actually happened before i judge. as i wrote above if all he did was make a comment about her boobs, well its crass, but not worthy of the threat of court for all these years, and im shocked that he didnt try and buy his way out of it. apparently she didnt want it to go further but the cops did. the thing about our justice system is its so inconsistent. people are walking out of courts with a slap on the wrist for some really heinous crimes.

in saying that, he certainly should be out of pocket for his comments, no one should have to cop that kind of bullying. i dont know many women who have not had body issues in some shape or form, and comments can be so crushing. my own father told me they should sing the song nice legs shame about the face the other way for me and i can hear it in my head as vividly as if it was yesterday. its simple. if you dont have something nice to say, zip it. its not about being overly sensitive, its about not getting your laughs at the expense of someone else. (my hubby is guilty as sin on this one, its his generation)

thing is, we dont actually know exactly what happened, yes there are rumours, same as for the current tex walker situation, after trawling big footy thread on it i found it, but have no idea if its true. did you watch the 60 min show about Craig McLachlan? i have no idea there either, but he was found not guilty, and he is definitely a broken man. innocent until proven guilty. if your in the public arena there is no such thing. and its not just tall poppy syndrome. who leaks these things?

certainly of late he is playing as if unshackled, but is that because he is playing in position, or because of the relief? I dont know him or anyone that does. how much of a bad boy is he? he was 18 was it just one of those silly off the cuff comments?

Also, i am actually a qualified motor mechanic, i did my apprenticeship in the feral days at GMH with 40 mostly feral guys! i also frequented an off the grid motorcross track with a tonne of guys in my spare time, usually the only girl in leathers!! so ive heard it all! if you whistled at me ever i would never have taken offence, and certainly now, id probably thank you! But i have two 20 something daughters and if you say shit to them, you die! we grew up in a time of sticks and stones, so i know im out of touch with this kind of stuff. its shitty for sure. but if he didnt lay a hand on her, i think its been over the top. if he did touch her in any way, then its not enough.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »

A black Maserati GranCabrio...

:shock: :shock:

Who's the owner? :?:

I'm sure Googs was attracted to the safety features:

"There is also, of course, a very strong focus on safety.

The Maserati Stability Program (MSP) is a stand-out example. Developed in the most extreme test conditions, it uses an array of sensors to constantly monitor driving status and deploys a host of safety and performance systems to maintain handling and grip. If, for instance, a skid is detected, MSP selectively reduces engine torque and can activate the brakes with finely varied inputs to restore stability within milliseconds.

All models are also offered with the optional Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Should a tyre become under-inflated, a warning light illuminates in the cabin. More passive safety is offered by airbags all round, including side airbags integrated with the Sport seats and curtain airbags.

When it comes to light and sight, all models are fitted with Adaptive Light Control, a system that swivels the headlights as you turn, greatly improving road illumination in corners. To the rear, triangular lamp clusters comprise some 96 LEDs to ensure maximum nighttime visibility. Daytime Running Lights using LED technology, meanwhile, enhance the visibility of your vehicle during the day. There’s a standard rear-view camera, too. This integrates with the on-board monitor to ensure easy, incident-free reversing.

Other functions include ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Anti Slip Regulation (ASR), Engine brake torque control (MSR), which prevents the wheels from locking when downshifting on low-grip surfaces, and an Advanced Brake Assist system (ABA), which recognises emergency braking situations and increases the pressure in the braking circuit to maximise stopping power. Additionally, the Maserati Stability Program (MSP) works in harmony with Anti Slip Regulation (ASR) traction control and anti-lock brakes (ABS) to stop the wheels from locking under hard braking. This is enhanced by Hydraulic Braking Assistance (HBA)."

https://www.maserati.com/international/ ... grancabrio

And a Harley-Davidson motorcycle...

Jordan De Goey fined $2075 for road offences but spared court appearance

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 58n6k.html
think positive

Post by think positive »

im so damn jealous,

play you bastard, if you can afford those, then damn play harder!! on trhe field i mean!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's still got his jay-walking charge to face.