#10 Scott Pendlebury

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

Raw Hammer wrote:I’m a Peter Daicos and Nathan Buckley fanboy … but Pendlebury is officially Collingwood’s greatest ever player.

If Nick Daicos continues on this trajectory, he will become number 1.
Peter Daicos and Nathan Buckley i saw most of their games live other than daics early days and they were always my two favourites, and i had trouble accepting Pendles was in their class, but he has gone past them now, Nick will probably end being an AFL great and surpass them all God we are lucky
Go Pies
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

BBHS wrote:That last quarter was the exclamation point on an unbelievable career. What an absolute legend.
It's legendary.

11 disposals in the final quarter and he's 35 years old.

In the AFL era (1990 onwards), he's the equal 2nd oldest Premiership player in this period with Alastair Lynch and only behind Michael Tuck who was 38 when Hawthorn won the flag in 1991.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by npalm »

I've posted this elsewhere but it belongs here. Do yourself a favour and check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3jUTtlmZcE
Side by side.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Npalm. Just got off watching it So fascinating

Hope Fly enjoy,s the Grange
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Bloody hell, that insight is as close to being on the ground as we'll ever get.

There's another thread about who should be our next statue, Pendlegoat then daylight.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Yes they certainly just don’t kick the ball in the general direction of goal

This is obviously part of the Craig’ game style/plan

Fly was on with Andrew Gaze & Andy Marr who asked his plans for 2024 & his answer
“I have a few ideas I’m working on “. Bloke doesn’t stop in the quest to get
“Better”
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

’Do whatever it takes’: Pendlebury’s fourth quarter thought
280 games after winning his first premiership, Scott Pendlebury tasted the ultimate once again.

Scott Pendlebury’s 2023 achievements:

* Broke the all-time VFL/AFL record for disposals
* Won second premiership for Collingwood
* Ranked #3 at Collingwood for tackles
* Equalled Gordon Coventry’s record for finals played for Collingwood with 31
* 15th consecutive Top 5 Best & Fairest finish

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... er-thought

Scott Pendlebury 2023 AFL Grand Final Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TmiJD198mM
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

We all know there is no “Pendles “ in-waiting!!

There might be of equal or better delivery by hand and foot but no one who appears to have all the time in the world to consider options

Nick Daicos has the foot/ hand skills and might be close to heir apparent
Then young Fin McRae could develop to be very competent

Thoughts please on any other current players who at least can make a good fist of ball transition to advantage to the end result. GOALS
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

BazBoy wrote: We all know there is no “Pendles “ in-waiting!!
There will be no more little Pendles as well. I have it straight from the horses mouth (attended a sportsman’s night in Bendigo last week featuring Pendles, Sidey and Tony Shaw) where Pendles said that he was having the “snip” the next day. When the audience gasped, he stated that if the need arose again, the process was reversible
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

Baz, it's a different discussion. You're not talking about good players who can play others into good positions, you're talking about players who can make time stand still as they work out what they want to do. Ablett Senior (not junior). Wayne Carey. Chris Judd. Buddy Franklin. Scott Pendlebury. In the last 40 years. Notice who doesn't make the list - Hird, Voss, anyone from Brisbane or Richmond (including Martin), even Buckley, all great players but not quite THAT great. Amazing. I never thought I'd see a better Collingwood player than Buckley but to see one straight after, I feel blessed. He is amazing. Best player I've seen in my lifetime (and despite what I tell my kids I am actually getting old!) It's a slow burn greatness but hand on heart I will tell my kids that Scott Pendlebury is the greatest Collingwood player I have ever seen... Until Nick Daicos takes his mantle!

- Ben
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

npalm wrote:I've posted this elsewhere but it belongs here. Do yourself a favour and check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3jUTtlmZcE
brilliant, thanks
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

Brown26 wrote:Baz, it's a different discussion. You're not talking about good players who can play others into good positions, you're talking about players who can make time stand still as they work out what they want to do. Ablett Senior (not junior). Wayne Carey. Chris Judd. Buddy Franklin. Scott Pendlebury. In the last 40 years. Notice who doesn't make the list - Hird, Voss, anyone from Brisbane or Richmond (including Martin), even Buckley, all great players but not quite THAT great. Amazing. I never thought I'd see a better Collingwood player than Buckley but to see one straight after, I feel blessed. He is amazing. Best player I've seen in my lifetime (and despite what I tell my kids I am actually getting old!) It's a slow burn greatness but hand on heart I will tell my kids that Scott Pendlebury is the greatest Collingwood player I have ever seen... Until Nick Daicos takes his mantle!

- Ben
My alltime favourite Paicos career overlapped with Buckley which overlapped Pendles which is now overlapping Naicos. Looks like another 10 years or so before we see the next genius.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

He was the Embelberry of old in that last quarter.
Flagpies
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

As he enters his 19th season, Pendlegoat requires 17 games until he joins the 400 Club.
He'll likely need 3 more seasons to reign in Tuck, 20 seasons / 426 games, then Boomer Harvey, 21 seasons / 432 games.

Given the way he prepares himself, the 433 games record might still be in his grasp, which if he stuck at his 21-game average, his 22nd season in 2027 would see him reel them in to play the most games on record.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers