#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Beast wrote: And keep in mind there's distinct possibility recruiters from other clubs are talking him to force our hand at selecting him earlier than necessary when in reality he is a second round .
Kevin Sheehan was talking him up the other day, and he is not aligned to any club. I have no idea if he is any good, buy I know his father was a great player. I can only go on what the " experts" say.

What other recruiters say is irrelevant. In the end it depends on what they are prepared to bid for him that will force our hand. For arguments sake if Carlton bid pick 4 for him, then if we think he is not worth our pick 11 or thereabouts, then Carlton has to use that pick on him if we elect not to use pick 11.
Simple fact is that if clubs think that he is not top 10 then every chance we will get him for a second rounder or lower.

Who knows, we may be talking him up to get someone to bid overs so we can get another player.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Give it a rest for a while Dave, you're doing our bloody heads in.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Defender...........

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I heard Darcy took a dump at 9.47 PM last night Dave, thought you'd like to know, it was a clean snapper.
Defender...........

You like this.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Beast wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Beast wrote:Another plodder being talked up by the usual half-wit lemmings, will follow James Stewart's footsteps if we're lucky.
Bold statement there. Have you seen him play or are you just talking out your arse? One things for certain, nobody was talking about Stewart as a top 5 prospect. Even if he's being overhyped a bit, it seems pretty certain that he will go in the first round. Not many plodders go that early.
I haven't seen him play so I am talking out of my arse as you put it but its pretty obvious to me he has stagnated and hasn't developed like we hoped he would in the last 2 years. He has a nice highlights package from his under 16s days and not much else. I also haven't seen posters whos opinion I rate on here or other sites rave about him.
I was fairly intoxicated when I posted that and might end up looking foolish but the hype around him is nowhere near being justified.
And keep in mind there's distinct possibility recruiters from other clubs are talking him to force our hand at selecting him earlier than necessary when in reality he is a second round selection.
Joe Daniher dominated under 18's but right now looks like a fish out of water in the seniors, even though you can clearly see the talent, Moore does not dominate and in fact quite pften gets beaten on the day and hardly touches the pill, food for thought.
Can't argue with most of that, however Darcy's hip surgery and subsequent recovery period can be heavily attributed to his average output in 2013. Recruiters from other clubs will be talking him up of course, you'll always get opposition recruiters playing funny buggers when it comes to FS prospects, but it has also been reported that Darcy is currently at the Westpac centre 2-3 times a week on a specialized weights program and reviewing footage with Rocca. He will also apparently be playing in our VFL side after the national championships, so it would seem we have a vested interest in him.

He has featured in the best in a couple of TAC games this year, so it's not like he has been completely average. In the end though, our recruiting department will have way more idea of where Darcy is at, and what sort of potential he has. By the way the club is investing time and effort in to him now, I would say they are pretty keen on him.

As for Daniher, I think he has been thrown in the deep end too early to be honest. He still needs to add some extra bulk to his frame to be competitive in one on ones and in the ruck, but he seems to be a good set shot, he's a good mark, and is reasonably athletic. I think in a couple of years he will be one of the better forwards in the comp. Moore will likely be in the same situation if we recruit him. The good news is that we can afford to develop him before throwing him to the wolves, with Cloke Reid and White all legitimately dangerous forwards on their day, and Grundy and Witts hopefully developing their forward games over the next 12 months too.

And I just wrote way more than I intended to lol :shock:
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Reading how much Time we have put into Moore. Who sounds like he Training Part Time with the Club that unless we have a Top 5 Pick we will Commit to Darcy with a 1st Rounder
Last edited by Dave The Man on Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Defender wrote:I heard Darcy took a dump at 9.47 PM last night Dave, thought you'd like to know, it was a clean snapper.
Now you are posting Utter Crap
I am Da Man
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:I heard Darcy took a dump at 9.47 PM last night Dave, thought you'd like to know, it was a clean snapper.
Normally I would say 'I see what you did there', but I'm not sure you meant to do it.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Stupied wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Normally I would say 'I see what you did there', but I'm not sure you meant to do it.
Would've been a good reply if he meant it that way. Lol

Sorry Dave, I really shouldn't be throwing stones from my glass house, carry on.
Defender...........

You like this.
E

Post by E »

i guarantee you 100% that darcy Moore is going to Collingwood.

Let's do a poll asking everyone here to predict whether Collingwood will take him with whatever it takes to get him (99% sure it will be a first rounder too).

The prize for the bet is that whoever is wrong has to drop their pants and moon the cameras simultanously when he kicks his frst goal in AFL footy. If its for the pies (which it will be), the skeptic will do it, and if it is for anothe rteam, Dave the Man and i will do it!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

E wrote:i guarantee you 100% that darcy Moore is going to Collingwood.

Let's do a poll asking everyone here to predict whether Collingwood will take him with whatever it takes to get him (99% sure it will be a first rounder too).

The prize for the bet is that whoever is wrong has to drop their pants and moon the cameras simultanously when he kicks his frst goal in AFL footy. If its for the pies (which it will be), the skeptic will do it, and if it is for anothe rteam, Dave the Man and i will do it!
OK I'll jump in as usual!!

Collingwood will take him with whatever it takes to get him.

End of story.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Dave The Man wrote:
Him and Grundy can play in the ruck; The Tandem Dumpers!
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

Dave The Man, relatively early for post of the year but I'm calling it!

That's amazing, both for the post and the lack of insight ;)

Good on ya mate

- Ben