2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

Presti35 wrote:My mail is that Melbourne and Collingwood have had an agreement for some time now. No one is bending anyone over a barrel. But I've also heard that very recently Grundy has flipped and is desperate to stay at the club. Who knows?

Frampton looking likely.

Fiorini looking less likely.

Mitchell looking like it depends on Grundy.

No links to any of the GWS players.

Henry looking like no deal.

I guess anything can still happen. There's 2 days of trade to go.
Curious on your mail re: Grundy wanting to stay. The speculation has been over the last month that it would be increasingly hard for him to stay. If true, maybe a change of heart (by Grundy) has emboldened the club to go harder??

Not too long to wait for trading to end, but might take until rd 10 next year to see how he goes. I do think that if he stays, he will give us his best. Sure money is important, but I don't think that's why people in elite sport get out of bed every morning...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

The salary cap for 2023 has increased by nearly 750,000 according to one report. I wonder what that does for any new deals and the remote prospect of keeping Grundy
I think therefore I think - I think
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

As someone highlighted elsewhere - I think Grundy would already be factored into our cap so if he doesn't go then we're still good from a TPP compliance perspective. We'd still be spending to much on a ruckman however...

The question is also are we a better chance to trade him next year or is this the best time right now? Melbourne might not be there then, but maybe someone else would be?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

As I said earlier, the club is locked up tighter than a nunnery during Schoolies week. Which I like.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

^ you don't know the Nuns that I know
I think therefore I think - I think
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

As long as the don’t make a habit of it
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Michael Gleeson @mickgleeson

Twin deals. Collingwood has traded Grundy to Melbourne for pick 27. Also traded in Frampton from Adelaide for a future third round.

Grundy still has five years to run on a lucrative contract worth around $1 million a year and the Pies will reportedly pay up to $300,000 per annum. (Club saving $700,000 pa over next 5 years).
Last edited by robevpau1 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Frampton confirmed.
Here we go.

Mitchell in next.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

If the reports are right (and I don’t believe they are 100% accurate) if we receive pick 27 and pay $300k then you can take it to the bank this wasn’t purely a salary dump
There has been speculation and some info there had been a issue with Grundy and a coach dating back to March/April
Pick 27 would be ok if we paid under $100k of his salary
But pick 27 and paying basically 1/3rd if his salary isn’t right
I would have pushed for pick #13 and $300k
I wonder if we will ever know the real story behind his departure
But being reported by multiple sites now the deal has been done
Some say pick 27 and $200k some say pick 27 and $300k one report says 27 and $150k
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

I've heard his contract was also back ended. So potentially he was on 1.2 mil this season so 300k isnt so bad.

Not sure how accurate that is.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Haff wrote:I've heard his contract was also back ended. So potentially he was on 1.2 mil this season so 300k isnt so bad.

Not sure how accurate that is.
I heard it was front loaded and going down in years 5/6/7
Who knows I guess we will never know the exact numbers or story
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

If it was back ended and 1.2 mil reputed then did this have GW speed up the move ??
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Oh and Grundy aside all of this I like what I’ve seen (video clips) of Mr Frampton
melliot

Post by melliot »

Well on the surface, if appear we got screwed.

When fit, is one of the better rucks in the comp. Even if we are paying part of his salary, because we overvalued him 2 years ago, he is still worth $700k, but only get a 2nd rounder for him

Other players of that ilk are a first rounder minimum, if not 1.5-2 first rounders.

I remeber Grundy was pick 18. We also had the next two pick. Both of those went no-where. So the strike rate in that area of the draft is about 30%. Considering pick 27 will end up at pick 30+, it's nothing short of a debacle.