#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Give the kid a break! He is a champion player and without him we have no chance of playing finals. Get home back home and ignore their jackboot Wild West legal system. Scomo needs to intervene here. These are silly misdemeanours that should be sorted out behind the scenes. Posters on here should not make comments about a champion player without knowing all the facts . I am tired of reading the ‘hang em high’ keyboard Ok Coral Judges views about a Collingwood champion hero player.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

Piesnchess wrote:Jeezus, i wouldnt want some on here in any jury i was facing charges,, lets hear the evidence first and his side, ever heard of the concept of innocent till proven guilty in a Court of Law ?
Ok i will take the bait...

Let's say he is innocent, let us say he was even provoked. If I were the new coach and the club...I don't care...his career is still done.

This is a bloke who is now 25 (not a kid) and already has been given multiple chances, he should be in the prime of his career ..he isn't.

This is a guy yep has talent, however, he does not do enough game to game and can be very up and down within a season. Darcy Moore is getting All Australian selections, when was De Goey last even in the squad of 40?

This is a guy, who according to word from the club has not rocked up fit to a preseason for several years. He has shopped himself around for a $800,000+ a year contracts.

So if were Collingwood I would be asking a very simple question:

"Jordy tell us what you were doing at a nightclub at 2:30 in the morning when you were over in the US to work on your fitness?"

For the record, I will find the post, i was one who was hoping the club would trade him this past trade period. Never been sold on him. He is "All tip and no iceberg" to quote Keating.
Last edited by derkd on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Back bucks wrote:I thought De Goey was in a training bubble . Just reported on the TV that he has been arrested for assaulting a woman in New York.
Complete and Utter Dickhead.

Sooner he leaves the Club the Better
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Cam wrote:Let the law courts do their thing and see where we are at. We need some dickheads playing for us, without them we don't win in 1990 or 2010. Every flag team has them, it's just about a prerequisite for winning it all. As long as he turns it into playing like a machine these things are on his personal life and not on the field.
They can be Dickheads but what De Goey has Supposedly done is lot worst then what the Rat Pack did.

Though I Guess <allegedly> Beams and JMac did a Similar thing after the 2010 GF Win
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Doubt club can do anything Official until after his Trial
I am Da Man
FootyMonster

Post by FootyMonster »

From the video it doesn’t appear these two have much room for any good Rikers Island tattoos.
It was me, I ate all the pies
Mr Pieman

Post by Mr Pieman »

Reports say he has pleaded not guilty!
CARN THE PIES
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

RudeBoy wrote:He always wanted to be an inside midfielder......now he's got his wish. :(
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Wow. If this is true, lock him up, because that line has never shifted, never been ok

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... e876b5893c
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Another off field issue in a long line for this club.

As much as I love De Goey as a footballer, if he is found guilty the club will have no choice but to sack him.

To have gotten himself in that situation after the last incident is a real concern and I struggle to see how he gets out of this one.

He has quite possibly just blown his big payday contract.
- Side By Side -
BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

If proven guilty the club should sue him for damaging our brand. Sponsors might look the other way now.

Collingwood fans are not in the mood for more Sh$t Fu$%ery either, past the point of no return with suffering fools at this club anymore.

Also for de valuing our list he should get sued for that!!!!!

He was one of very few A graders left on the list, all that fu%$ing development and $$$$$$ and patience put in for him...down the sh$tter. Surely a good lawyer can get some compo for buggering up our playing list.

Even if proven not guilty he wont get away with putting himself in that situation in the first place. Dumb and Dumber step aside , we have new candidates.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Mr Pieman wrote:Reports say he has pleaded not guilty!
He has to. If he pleads guilty he's f____d over there.

I wonder if they did blood tests on him while in custody? If they did I bet the results are interesting.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

As a few people have said, everyone is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise and I will personally give JDG that here.

HOWEVER, this guy can seemingly not go for any extended period of time without at least putting himself in a position where he will be adjacent to trouble (and that's being generous).

If he's found guilty of this offence I'd be cutting him loose for sure. Even if not though, I'd be looking to trade him. He's just not worth the trouble and negative association for the club as far as I'm concerned.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

magpieazza wrote:Even if proven not guilty he wont get away with putting himself in that situation in the first place. Dumb and Dumber step aside , we have new candidates.

Agreed even IF he is found Guilty we won't offer him a New Contract
I am Da Man