#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Jordan De Goey has been stood down by the Pies as he awaits serious charges in New York on December 8 ~ Jon Ralph.
Jezza
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

Club has stood him down indefinitely.

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status ... 4086282245
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll hold the vitriol till after the court findings. Swanny would get shitfaced on weekends and show up to recovery training with Vodka in his Gatorade.

What he's alleged to have done to the woman is not on, lets see how it plays out, but however it does, his application to join Mensa has been rejected.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

The most appropriate outcome in the circumstances.

Guess the club will wait on how to proceed for his upcoming hearing on December 8.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

FMD ol mate Dyson is putting me off these full body/neck tattoos.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

For me it's pretty simple.

de Goey should be viewed as an asset of the Collingwood Football Club and the club should make whatever decision it needs to to get the best possible return for it's investment.

Whether that be immediate suspension until his next court case as likely expected by the wider community, probable termination of contract if found guilty to appease our sponsors and protect our image or indeed welcoming him back to the club if the criminal investigation/penalty ultimately allows for it and we are presented with the option of re-signing or accepting free agency compensation for him.

Until all the facts are known and indeed an outcome reached regarding the criminal charges let's not take the nuclear option like some are suggesting by terminating him immediately.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

[quote="swoop42"]For me it's pretty simple.

de Goey should be viewed as an asset of the Collingwood Football Club and the club should make whatever decision it needs to to get the best possible return for it's investment.

I get what your saying, think about the practicalities. Even if he gets off the charges, he is out of contract at seasons end and is at best a tainted assest. If I was Collingwood chasing him at another club...I would say "I am not paying anything for an off field liability" walk him to the PSD. Harley Bennell was traded to Freo from GCS for next to nothing.
Last edited by derkd on Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Piesnchess »

derkd wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Jeezus, i wouldnt want some on here in any jury i was facing charges,, lets hear the evidence first and his side, ever heard of the concept of innocent till proven guilty in a Court of Law ?
Ok i will take the bait...

Let's say he is innocent, let us say he was even provoked. If I were the new coach and the club...I don't care...his career is still done.

This is a bloke who is now 25 (not a kid) and already has been given multiple chances, he should be in the prime of his career ..he isn't.

This is a guy yep has talent, however, he does not do enough game to game and can be very up and down within a season. Darcy Moore is getting All Australian selections, when was De Goey last even in the squad of 40?

This is a guy, who according to word from the club has not rocked up fit to a preseason for several years. He has shopped himself around for a $800,000+ a year contracts.

So if were Collingwood I would be asking a very simple question:

"Jordy tell us what you were doing at a nightclub at 2:30 in the morning when you were over in the US to work on your fitness?"

For the record, I will find the post, i was one who was hoping the club would trade him this past trade period. Never been sold on him. He is "All tip and no iceberg" to quote Keating.

DUSTY MARTIN HAD SERIOUS ISSUES, and misdemenours, like the infamous chopsticks incident, plus others, but he turned it all around. Thank God you would never be on any jury id have, talk bout rush to judgement. Look if hes guilty he pays a harsh penalty, yes but if it turns out not substanciated, and people have lied before in assault cases, and hes innocent, then no way the club should sack him. Let the law an the court decide, not YOU. BTW it is the off season, and for ur obviously sheltered life, players ARE allowed to go to nightclubs and enjoy themselves, much as it pains you. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

On 7AFL he has been stood down by Collingwood until the court case
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:On 7AFL he has been stood down by Collingwood until the court case

Good and wise decision, by the Club. only realistic thing it could do, now we await the Courts findings. Time will tell.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Piesnchess wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:It's funny how everyone complains about the media beat ups then we get everyone hanging a bloke based on initial reports...

Guilty and never a chance to prove your innocence in 2021...
Yes, id like to hear his side of this incident, alleged or otherwise, before i pass judgment on him, hear what the evidence is too against him. I guess the Club would be in contact with him by now, and advising him of options. :o
Yep, probably all the same people who wanted him hung over the previous charges which were thrown out AND police had to pay his legal fees showing how much of a crock they were.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

Piesnchess wrote:
derkd wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Jeezus, i wouldnt want some on here in any jury i was facing charges,, lets hear the evidence first and his side, ever heard of the concept of innocent till proven guilty in a Court of Law ?
Ok i will take the bait...

Let's say he is innocent, let us say he was even provoked. If I were the new coach and the club...I don't care...his career is still done.

This is a bloke who is now 25 (not a kid) and already has been given multiple chances, he should be in the prime of his career ..he isn't.

This is a guy yep has talent, however, he does not do enough game to game and can be very up and down within a season. Darcy Moore is getting All Australian selections, when was De Goey last even in the squad of 40?

This is a guy, who according to word from the club has not rocked up fit to a preseason for several years. He has shopped himself around for a $800,000+ a year contracts.

So if were Collingwood I would be asking a very simple question:

"Jordy tell us what you were doing at a nightclub at 2:30 in the morning when you were over in the US to work on your fitness?"

For the record, I will find the post, i was one who was hoping the club would trade him this past trade period. Never been sold on him. He is "All tip and no iceberg" to quote Keating.

DUSTY MARTIN HAD SERIOUS ISSUES, and misdemenours, like the infamous chopsticks incident, plus others, but he turned it all around. Thank God you would never be on any jury id have, talk bout rush to judgement. Look if hes guilty he pays a harsh penalty, yes but if it turns out not substanciated, and people have lied before in assault cases, and hes innocent, then no way the club should sack him. Let the law an the court decide, not YOU. BTW it is the off season, and for ur obviously sheltered life, players ARE allowed to go to nightclubs and enjoy themselves, much as it pains you. :o
Welcome to your views. I standby mine.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
AJ

Post by AJ »

What a joke. Who is running the club. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything.

I won’t be renewing my membership until the clowns are all gone.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

What a DICKHEAD!

Why, why, why?

Why would he put himself in a situation? Why risk it all? This is not the 1970s. Your off field actions are judged as much as your on field actions. You get paid sh.t loads for that reason.

If he is found guilty, he should get the sack. Love having him play for the Pies but he’s not worth the negative publicity and disruption. He can go to St Kilda and be at a mediocre club and team.

The new coaching team need to send a message to the other players that there is zero tolerance for this type of behaviour if he is found guilty.

And please don’t compare this to the rat pack. Dayne Swan wouldn’t be accused of such behaviour.

What an idiot you are JD!

He is innocent until proven guilty. The club will have to sack him if he is found guilty. Let’s hope he is innocent.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade