#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Idiot. He's lost me, I don't want him at the club.
Twice now he's been in the frame accused of sexual assault/groping incidents. I honestly wonder, how many times he's done this when girls/women haven't made a complaint? I suspect countless. Where's there's a serious amount of smoke there's clearly a nasty fire. He's just ruined his career, and I can't cop anyone saying innocent until proven guilty. The rap sheets becoming multiple pages now.
What a waste of a footy career.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Podpicken wrote:Idiot. He's lost me, I don't want him at the club.
Twice now he's been in the frame accused of sexual assault/groping incidents. I honestly wonder, how many times he's done this when girls/women haven't made a complaint? I suspect countless. Where's there's a serious amount of smoke there's clearly a nasty fire. He's just ruined his career, and I can't cop anyone saying innocent until proven guilty. The rap sheets becoming multiple pages now.
What a waste of a footy career.
We probably will never know
I am Da Man
BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

That club is up near Central Park

Dream Hotel on West 55th
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Thought he was meant to be in California at that fitness academy, not running around the US as a tourist. How the duck did Dyson get there as well, he’s not there for a work related training camp, he’s a ducking tattooist.

By the way, the forcible touching charge can include grabbing a girl and forging her to dance with you against her wishes, or dragging her over to the bar or a table for drinks etc. BUT 911 was called when the other guy stepped in and JDG and/or Dyson ALLEGEDLY laid into him, so that is the assault charge. Not sure how JDG could call the club either, your phone is confiscated and you get one phone call… pretty sure that would have been to a lawyer or his new manager.
Police report says, and I quote, “grabbing the buttocks and Vagina through clothing “. He won’t have to worry about contracts for a couple of years especially when you throw in kicking and punching the male victim. Ailed to appear on 7/12 and has to phone in every 2 days.
gobbles21

Post by gobbles21 »

Orange is the new Black & White
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Would be great if Gill can come up with some sort of compensation for us.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Sponsors will have a Huge Say in what happens to De Goey IF find Not Guilty
I am Da Man
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

So we trade for Beams...2 first round picks
Treloar...same again.
Chuck out stevo another first round pick lost.
Give up pick 2 this year.
And now the JDG affair.
Looks like another first round pick lost.
We will never go anywhere
if first round draft picks are pissed up against the wall.
We are rooted.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

masoncox wrote:So we trade for Beams...2 first round picks
Treloar...same again.
And now the JDG affair.
We are rooted.
We got Crisp the Copelad Trophy Winner in that Beams Trade and Greenwood had a Solid Career for us
I am Da Man
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

warburton lad wrote:
warburton lad wrote:When two St Kilda players were being investigated several years back- I was of the opinion that they were entitled to the presumption of innocence.

With Jordan De Goey, the same applies.

I have no idea whether he is guilty of either or both events suggested on-line today. Like the St Kilda players, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence unless and until a Court finds otherwise.

Even if he got 12 months jail time in the United States, it would not preclude him from making a comeback in the AFL (Andy Krakouer/Marlion Pickett) to name two players who have successfully done so in the recent past.

Whether it would be for Collingwood is a matter for another time and place.
I am glad that the Club has been decisive about this. IfI were Jordan De Goey, I would use the time away from official duties at the Club to continue to train his guts out in the United States in the hope that he is not found guilty- or- at the very least- given probation rather than face a custodial sentence.

Other than television, I have no sense of how the American legal system works. De Goey currently has no convictions against his name so, one would expect that he would front court in the expectation that he may receive a degree of leniency.

No doubt the Mark Robinsons of this world will have their poison pens out tonight and list a litany of 'off-field issues' regarding Collingwood from the past 30 years on the back and front pages of the Herald-Sun in the morning.

Unless the paper runs with the sad death of Bert Newton instead...
rikers has a nice roof top gym, he will get fit!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

derkd wrote:
princem007 wrote:The problem here is that he has had multiple chances and it just makes the club look stupid now. No other option and this sets the standard for Culture at the club going forward and hard to see him in B and W again.

It is such a bad look for a club that has had enough bad press in the last twelve months to last a decade.

I bet Craig is loving this in his first few months. He would be apoplectic.

I would imagine his messaging to the players would have been...we just finished second last on the ladder. So heads down and get to work this off-season.

I get the feeling Jordy may be made an example of, to set the tone. This sort of garbage ends here.

Good

And anyone still thinking boys will be boys, just imagine your daughter, sister, missus, just average height weight and 2 6 foot balls of tattoooed muscles start grabbing her on the crutch. Your daughters friend has the guts to try and help her, and cops a glass bottle in the face and some punches and kicks from these 6 foot muscle bound heroes.

For the first time I’m actually glad Eddie the mouth peice is gone, because there is no spin to be put on this. Innocent until proven guilty? My only question is how much did it cost him last time? He doesn’t play for the jets or an NBL team, a civil suit could Wie him out.

C’mon now who else was excited and relieved last week when he was on the news training the house down? We have every right to be pissed off. Hopefully his contract has a get out if in jail card.
Last edited by think positive on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Dave The Man wrote:
masoncox wrote:So we trade for Beams...2 first round picks
Treloar...same again.
And now the JDG affair.
We are rooted.
We got Crisp the Copelad Trophy Winner in that Beams Trade and Greenwood had a Solid Career for us
I think he means the trade where we gave up first round picks on the way back to secure the services of the Putative Artiste Laureate.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Go overseas to get yourself fit enough to be the best you can be - Smart!

Go on the piss and not be smart enough to know that the big dollars you chase require you to be smart - Dumb!

Innocent until proven guilty was a concept before the social media age.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
makri

Post by makri »

Dave The Man wrote:Sponsors will have a Huge Say in what happens to De Goey IF find Not Guilty
Thankfully he's sponsored by Puma so if Collingwood do the right thing should impact our Nike sponsorship deal.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

De goey is De goneski!!