#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

WarrenerraW wrote:De goey is De goneski!!

DeGood riddance!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Choices Choices:

1. Standby our champion in his hour of need; or

2. Judge him guilty online, kick him when he is down, celebrate his demise, support calls to sack him, question his character, etc

Side by Side
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Piesnchess »

No doubt the HUN will have its first four pages devoted to this story tomorrow, or more, nothing sells more, than a Magpies scandal tale, a misbehaving player, i can see it now. sigh.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Piesnchess wrote:No doubt the HUN will have its first four pages devoted to this story tomorrow, or more, nothing sells more, than a Magpies scandal tale, a misbehaving player, i can see it now. sigh.
Do you blame them? Which other club has f….cked up this much over a 12-month period? On and off the field?
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

The club does the right thing and stands him down.

Will the media still find a way to hang Collingwood rather than direct the blame to the rightful owner of this Shitfu$%ery??
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

So if Im right, the only way Collingwood could get compensation is to hope Dedickhead gets off and isnt de registered by the AFL. He stays at Collingwood and sits the season out and behaves well and does rehab. He comes away at the end of the season with a modicum of respect and goes on the free agency market and goes to another club and then we get a compo pick from the AFL.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
sherrife

Re: Susie O'Brien on De Goey

Post by sherrife »

I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:No doubt the HUN will have its first four pages devoted to this story tomorrow, or more, nothing sells more, than a Magpies scandal tale, a misbehaving player, i can see it now. sigh.
Do you blame them? Which other club has f….cked up this much over a 12-month period? On and off the field?

actually the last couple of months have been very positive for the club, we have appointed the best coach going around, two great assistants, we have a fine list of talented kids, and have recruited two very handy players from the trade period, been great.. But the media barely touches any of that, just run with this shit tomorrow, they have been doing it to our club for decades. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Richmond. Media had all the details of what happened in their hub last year, much more than was made public, but kept quiet. Oh yeah, Sydney delisted a player for domestic assault. Adelaide and Tex.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

LaurieHolden wrote:Get yourself a suit and tie

And get your hair cut way up high

Get yourself a lawyer, son

You're gonna need a real good one
"Don't drop the soap"
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

That’s on De Dickhead not the newspaper
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Club should have stood him down until the case is completed and the whole story is known.

The charge itself is damming and not anything you would ever find acceptable in any situation if true.

What's also in the report is that "all parties" were drinking and intoxicated and "no-one involved" accepted or sought any medical treatment.

This in itself does not find Jordan Innocent and again it doesn't matter what state anyone is in if the sexual assault is found to be true. Still, I've seen people get hit with a bottle and medical treatment is always needed.

Im still going to hold off on wanting him sacked until the case and details are fully completed. I still remember Didak and the calls for his sacking and what he did to turn things around.

One thing I will add, I hope there is not one person who defended and criticized the club for moving Stevo on now calling for Degoey to be sacked without completion of the case........
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
He has to. If he pleads guilty he's f____d over there.

I wonder if they did blood tests on him while in custody? If they did I bet the results are interesting.
I’m picking up what your putting down.
Certain authorities can’t come knocking in the middle of the night when your OS.
no second chances
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Lazza wrote:Lawyers here would know more than I do but can’t DeGoey adjourn the case if the set date wasn’t suitable for him? Surely he can request an extension to better prepare his defence?
The prosecution haven't even presented their brief of evidence yet... This hearing was always going to be an adjournment. I would expect the next hearing will be a committal hearing, the actual trial (if it goes ahead) will be yet later again. So there are no grounds or need to request an extension and as mentioned what would be better is for the committal to be brought forward, not delayed further
I wonder if they blood tested him while in custody?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
McMonkey

Post by McMonkey »

Never want to presume guilty before innocent but fearing the worst here given he has form.

If the allegations are true, especially the aspect of that sort of demeaning behavior towards a female, hope he's suspended until at least round 11 and then offered an average $400-$500K (which is still too much) contract for 3 years, take it or leave it.

Frustrating to even hear he's still getting paid at present while suspended, if he's found guilty should be leave without pay.

Would be more than happy to see him walk at the end of the season, free up some cap space and get the compo pick.
Hot Pies, cold sauce