#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Lazza wrote:Lawyers here would know more than I do but can’t DeGoey adjourn the case if the set date wasn’t suitable for him? Surely he can request an extension to better prepare his defence?
The prosecution haven't even presented their brief of evidence yet... This hearing was always going to be an adjournment. I would expect the next hearing will be a committal hearing, the actual trial (if it goes ahead) will be yet later again. So there are no grounds or need to request an extension and as mentioned what would be better is for the committal to be brought forward, not delayed further
I wonder if they blood tested him while in custody?
You understand that those posts are from a year ago and concern Victorian charges that have been dismissed?
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

^ Yep. And I tried to change the post to "entry error" but must have pressed the wrong button so it remains. I can't find a post delete button.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

Without being slanderous, I do wonder if issues at play may be greater than alcohol, I have a strong feeling so.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I’m not sure who the **** this imbecile thinks he is.

Cruising around a nightclub in a hotel robe with his bogan mate.

You’re not James Harden or some rapper. You’re a bogan sportsperson in a sport only played in one damn country. Basically, you’re a no one!!

I’m not sure how idiots like him get through life to be honest.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Haff wrote:
magirl wrote:Being careful as alleged rather than proven charges in a court of law. But if guilty, I would rather take the wooden spoon than continue to condone this type of culture at our club. I hope he is not guilty, but the club needs to draw a line in the sand that it will not be drawn into this disrepute by anyone who holds themselves above the repute of tha club and their contribtion to the team.
Correct. The best thing to come out of this now is the 2022 number 1 draft pick.

De Goey would be worth a 2nd or 3rd pick now. Seriously, no-one would offer pick one for him now.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If we delist him, do we get a compo pick or it’s stiff cookies?

FFS he was doing the right thing, seeing a fitness guru and getting ripped… and then he has to go to NYC with his gangsta tattooist mate. Obvious now the fitness thing was an excuse for a party trip. What could go wrong. He’s obviously one of those blokes who turn into a raging moron when they hit the plonk. If he gets a third chance at AFL, needs to swear off the booze. I suspect more was involved though, from what I hear about his old tattooist mate.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

burnsy17 wrote:I’m not sure who the **** this imbecile thinks he is.

Cruising around a nightclub in a hotel robe with his bogan mate.

You’re not James Harden or some rapper. You’re a bogan sportsperson in a sport only played in one $$%^%%$ country. Basically, you’re a no one!!

I’m not sure how idiots like him get through life to be honest.
this,

NBL orange ladies get paid more for a start!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Skids »

How much more is there to add to this, really?

It's over for JDG, not everyone with ability has the required application to be a career footy player, Jordy obviously falls into that group.

We've got a bloke who just started working with us, he's a hell of a nice bloke, for an electrician.
He's also the only WA Under 18's Captain to have never been drafted.

Was spotted out on the piss the night before the U18's GF. As he says, he'd rather enjoy life with his mates that go through the hard yakka to be an AFL player. It's not an easy gig.

I feel for JDG, under the spotlight with a million critics who are all so perfect. Move on, he's not part of the clubs future, get over it.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

What a disaster..But in retrospect letting him loose on America on his own like that was always fraught with danger.He was always a ticking time bomb just waiting to blow up and that’s exactly what happened on the week end.

I wonder how Hine feels,seeing yet another of his first round picks blow up in his face?Let’s look at his score card over the last 7 or 8 years

Scharanberg ( injuries,no return on investment)
Freeman ( injuries,ditto)
Stephenson ( no character,no return on investment)
Degoey( bad character,no return on investment)

Honestly what does this man ask these people when he interviews them before the draft?He seems like a bad judge of talent to me and an even worse judge of character.

Enough is enough.He’s done enough damage to this club already.It’s time to move him along with his latest failed draft pick.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Skids wrote:How much more is there to add to this, really?

It's over for JDG, not everyone with ability has the required application to be a career footy player, Jordy obviously falls into that group.

We've got a bloke who just started working with us, he's a hell of a nice bloke, for an electrician.

Was spotted out on the piss the night before the U18's GF. As he says, he'd rather enjoy life with his mates that go through the hard yakka to be an AFL player. It's not an easy gig.

I feel for JDG, under the spotlight with a million critics who are all so perfect. Move on, he's not part of the clubs future, get over it.
I feel for the woman who will never forget the dickhead who grabbed her Dutch, who will probably never dance with abandon again because of it, I feel for the guy that was punched and kicked by De Goey,

For DeGoey I feel a white hot anger that he did this, blew his chances, blew our chances, and pissed in the face of the club that defended him and gave him way too many chances.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:How much more is there to add to this, really?

I feel for the woman who will never forget the dickhead who grabbed her Dutch, who will probably never dance with abandon again because of it, I feel for the guy that was punched and kicked by De Goey,

For DeGoey I feel a white hot anger that he did this, blew his chances, blew our chances, and pissed in the face of the club that defended him and gave him way too many chances.
Could not have put it any better.
Bring Back Tranquilli
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Happy to await the outcome of the court hearings to ascertain who did what to whom before jumping to too many overly emotive reactions. Anything beyond that will be dictated by those outcomes.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

jackcass wrote:Happy to await the outcome of the court hearings to ascertain who did what to whom before jumping to too many overly emotive reactions. Anything beyond that will be dictated by those outcomes.
Hopefully the NY state court system is faster than Australia’s. Honestly, the club should now prepare for 2022 with the assumption JDG won’t be here. Already have by standing him down pending court case.

And I agree with Think Positive. Regardless of who did what and the actual truth of what happened, doing a Trump no longer flies by today’s standards. He’s a 25 year old at an NYC club ffs, not a 17 year old at schoolies on the Gold Coast. Knobhead.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

JDG has pleaded not guilty, court hearing December 8th.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

doriswilgus wrote:What a disaster..But in retrospect letting him loose on America on his own like that was always fraught with danger.He was always a ticking time bomb just waiting to blow up and that’s exactly what happened on the week end.

I wonder how Hine feels,seeing yet another of his first round picks blow up in his face?Let’s look at his score card over the last 7 or 8 years

Scharanberg ( injuries,no return on investment)
Freeman ( injuries,ditto)
Stephenson ( no character,no return on investment)
Degoey( bad character,no return on investment)

Honestly what does this man ask these people when he interviews them before the draft?He seems like a bad judge of talent to me and an even worse judge of character.

Enough is enough.He’s done enough damage to this club already.It’s time to move him along with his latest failed draft pick.
Yep, surely he's asking potential draftee's if they intend on getting injured or not !!!
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan