#2 Shane Woewodin

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

AbsoluteTallant

Post by AbsoluteTallant »

Culprit wrote:Olarenshaw was a hack MG; Woey is obviously not no.1 in your hit list. He is still adjusting to team play and also gets a quality player on him. When we play bad we all pick out a player we don't like and have a go at them as you do Woey. Woey is no Buckley and maybe we all set our standards to high when someone wins a brownlow. When he went off in the last quarter the weagles came back into the game, as the quality player on Woey was now free. Coincidence or not it happened. Woey is not alone in under performing in the current team, there are a few relying on last years deeds. Last year is history and we are out the eight.
Hi culprit

You refer to the Collingwood Scapegoat factor and that's a good point I think. There is no one player at the moment who is causing the current problems! The whole team is underporforming.

Having said that Woewodin is a skilled experienced player. I personally understand when an inexperienced, poorly skilled player doesn't perform. I don't like it, but I understand it. I cannot understand and tolerate a player of Woe's status underperforming.

In today's paper's I can't believe I am still reading about Woe sooking about Melbourne! FFS play a few decent games for us and you'll see the media focus change!

Overall we should be thankful as it is only the presence of someone with a story like Woewodin's, along with the craphouse performances of teams like Geelong, that is stopping the media scrutiny from being focused on our shonky performances 100%. Oh and we can thank the likes of Hawthorn for this too.
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

Woey is officially the new Tarrant. Love him one week, hate him the next (and I can definitely be accused of this).

FFS some are acting here like he didnt touch the pill last week at all just because he was manned. He got 17 possesions and 2 goals. Sure he didnt set the world on fire but there were others that were worse.

He obviously hasnt exaclty settled in perfectly yet either, this could take at least a year, so we must be patient. he is going ok at the moment so lets just support him.
drew1602

Post by drew1602 »

People Please......the quotes rolled out in todays paper re Woewoden are not of his making...once again the Journo scum...having nothing usefull to right about (eg Why wasnt Milne even cited) have again asked teh same questions of Shane..and he has simply answered them honestly..he didnt call press conference to discuss teh Melb Game.....he simply answeered maybe thre questions amoungst a dozen others and yet only his answers re Melb were used to create a wast of time article...

Woewoden doesnt keep going back to that story the Journo's do..end of story.... Get off his back and get behind him...his a Pie Boy and deserves much more from us his supporters !!!
Last edited by drew1602 on Fri May 23, 2003 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go You Pie Boys !!!
Now & Forever
Amen !!!
Pies Premiers 2003

Post by Pies Premiers 2003 »

Woey will be a great player for the Collingwood Football Club and will help win us many games.....
THE PIES GO MARCHING ON

TERRY
Pies Premiers 2003

Post by Pies Premiers 2003 »

Woey will be a great player for the Collingwood Football Club and will help win us many games.....
THE PIES GO MARCHING ON

TERRY
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Woey was solid against the Yellow team, don't know who they are.

Also I would like to make the comment that Colt knows her footy. Watching the game, Colt would tell me who would kick the goal, who would pass it and who would miss. 100% accurate the whole game. Point out things I would miss and then see them on the replay. From a big footy family MG and she does know her footy and knows the clubs history inside out.

Never underestimate a woman especially Colt.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

She has 2 one with Cruise control :P
lsdswooper

Post by lsdswooper »

**BUMP**

Well done Woey on a sterling effort today

:D
Madpies_Fan

Post by Madpies_Fan »

Fantastic!! So glad Melbourne gave him to us!! We'll look after you Woey... :-) Glad the game is out of the way for you now mate.
Bec
Go Pies!!
understudy

Post by understudy »

Not overly impressive...

Still very concerned about his lack of pace...

Expecting him and the rest of the boys to step up in the second half of the year...

We have to to be a contender cause if we continue to play like the first half of the season we will just be making up the numbers...
afisher

Post by afisher »

Well done Woey,
He has been a good contributor so far this year, which has been encouraging on 2 fronts , firstly, players often take time (a season sometimes - eg Clement) to find their feet at a new club and secondly he has had to wait till round 11 to put the "Melbourne Thing" behind him.
Yes , he is not overly quick, but he is in the team for his "in and under play" , we have a number of others to do the burning through the mid field.
We still have some work to do over the next month to consolidate , but Woey and the Pies at least are winning the contests that we MUST win.
Last edited by afisher on Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

I was wrong. Still don't think he is a superstar though. Just a good solid player.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

He aint no superstar as I have always said, he does the job Malthouse gives him and that's that. The hand pass just before he left the ground shows his value. His defensive game needs improving though.

How many times he was elbowed in the head, whacked in the head and the umpires ignored it was unreal.

He is a marked player and for a Brownlow medalist he does not get anything easy from the Red Maggots :P
Joe

Post by Joe »

Leave him alone.
He deserves it.
He has lifted our spirits this year.
He is great 2 watch.
It is only money.
GO PIES
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

why did the ferals from the demons boo him for didnt they get rid of him well i still congratulate one melb supporter where u sat in the southern stand saying i miss u woey at least she knew they got rid of him