Gun laws in USA??

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Farms and remote rural properties are precisely the kind of places you would expect to find registered firearms in our (comparatively) heavily regulated system. Even those like me who support strict gun control appreciate that these are legitimate places to have them; and while any death in such circumstances is an unspeakable tragedy, it stands to reason that such will occasionally occur (because people with guns do from time to time kill other people).

All I can say is that the US should be so lucky to only have a rural family gun homicide every now and then.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Either dumb people get to vote, or we don't get a democracy. Can't have it both ways.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nick - Pie Man wrote:Either dumb people get to vote, or we don't get a democracy. Can't have it both ways.
Bingo. Who would get to decide who's dumb anyway? Maybe the dumb ones are actually the smart ones?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun May 20, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two more flags before I die!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Nick - Pie Man wrote:Either dumb people get to vote, or we don't get a democracy. Can't have it both ways.
Perhaps, then (without necessarily the word "dumb" above), it needs to be questioned whether the US is a democracy. Their prison inmates cannot vote, perhaps even after release. Voter registration seems to have a lot of dubious forces acting on it, too.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

More Prayers and Thoughts today. 11 dead more injured and not a terrorist, just another a white man.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Culprit wrote:More Prayers and Thoughts today. 11 dead more injured and not a terrorist, just another a white man.
The answers simple: Ban right wing white males from owning guns. That will go a long way to reducing these senseless murders.

Another right wing red neck white wacko with a gun; mind you the wacko adjective was probably superfluous :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Well he's not a Trump supporter, maybe he's an antisemetic democrat kook.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/27/us/s ... index.html
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oh a web page.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Well he's not a Trump supporter, maybe he's an antisemetic democrat kook.

Nah he's definitely right wing. That is beyound debate. I saw a photo of his car laden (not bin laden) with stickers and posters that would make the KKK proud.

Left wing nutters usually go after the bigger end of town.

You know the one's: I hunt & I vote.....
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What movie was it?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Well he's not a Trump supporter, maybe he's an antisemetic democrat kook.

Nah he's definitely right wing. That is beyound debate. I saw a photo of his car laden (not bin laden) with stickers and posters that would make the KKK proud.

Left wing nutters usually go after the bigger end of town.

You know the one's: I hunt & I vote.....
The only thing you hunt with Glocks (of which he had a collection) are people. Anyhoo, the Democrats aren't exactly left wing anyway. The 2 party system over there is right and further right.