Post by Dave The Man »

Wells has Offically told North he is Leaving

https://twitter.com/NMFCOfficial/status ... 9294959621
I am Da Man
Rush Stand Wing

Post by Rush Stand Wing »

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:AFL.com.au description of Daniel Wells is interesting.....

"here's suggestions that Daniel Wells could announce his move to Collingwood as early as today.
​The silly North midfielder is lily to depart Arden Street, and Geelong recruiting manager Stephen Wells confirmed before that it won't be to the Cats, so Collingwood it appears to be."

Professional.
K
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

"Collingwood has reportedly offered Wells a three-year contract worth up to $1.8 million."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-10/d ... ree-agency
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Pies4shaw wrote:"Collingwood has reportedly offered Wells a three-year contract worth up to $1.8 million."

If that's the deal, we are suckers.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

North fans going off on twitter.......
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Culprit wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:"Collingwood has reportedly offered Wells a three-year contract worth up to $1.8 million."

It's rare that you ever actually know what the deal is as neither the club or the player generally announce it. Most of the media stuff is just guess work.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Culprit wrote:

Suckers? So you want to overpay our under 23s instead of fulfilling our TPP duties with a silky gun? He may break down, but you gotta take some risks in this caper. We have no currency from a player or draft pick perspective...we can only acquire unrestricted free agents. Makes sense to me.
Est. 2002
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I'm sure we are not such suckers that his contract will not be performance based.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Suckers? So you want to overpay our under 23s instead of fulfilling our TPP duties with a silky gun? He may break down, but you gotta take some risks in this caper. We have no currency from a player or draft pick perspective...we can only acquire unrestricted free agents. Makes sense to me.
Totally agree - I am sure the Club have done their due diligence re his medical status before offer was made.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

jackcass wrote:
Culprit wrote:

It's rare that you ever actually know what the deal is as neither the club or the player generally announce it. Most of the media stuff is just guess work.
No doubt about it, we will never know the truth.
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Culprit wrote:

This^

We have to spend our money somewhere. And what else do we have coming in? This contract will likely be heavily front end loaded with a few get out of jail performance based phrases thrown in to boot.

If we have done this right and I trust the club has, it wont restrict us too much going forward into next years FA period / draft.

As a FA he costs us nothing pick wise (which is lucky because what little we do have we have seemingly already spent).

If we can get him on the park, its a win in my view.

When fit, he adds class, run, some silk and most importantly he adds experience.

Why wouldn't we say come on board.

Those on twitter saying this about Buckley trying to save his arse with a myopic approach to recruiting just to make finals, are in my opinion themselves clutching at straws to preserve their opinions on whether he can coach or not.

I like the idea of Well's at Collingwood. I think it makes sense, and im happy with whatever the club has decided it can afford.

Lets hope its confirmed shortly.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

September Zeros wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Culprit wrote:If that's the deal, we are suckers.
This^

We have to spend our money somewhere. And what else do we have coming in? This contract will likely be heavily front end loaded with a few get out of jail performance based phrases thrown in to boot.

If we have done this right and I trust the club has, it wont restrict us too much going forward into next years FA period / draft.

As a FA he costs us nothing pick wise (which is lucky because what little we do have we have seemingly already spent).

If we can get him on the park, its a win in my view.

When fit, he adds class, run, some silk and most importantly he adds experience.

Why wouldn't we say come on board.

Those on twitter saying this about Buckley trying to save his arse with a myopic approach to recruiting just to make finals, are in my opinion themselves clutching at straws to preserve their opinions on whether he can coach or not.

I like the idea of Well's at Collingwood. I think it makes sense, and im happy with whatever the club has decided it can afford.

Lets hope its confirmed shortly.
Spot on.

We constantly complain about our players who butcher the ball and we have an opportunity to take a classy user for no cost other than cap space, and we still have people grumbling.

Last time I saw him play live was when he cut us up earlier this year.

Happy to have him on board.

Some trades don't work. Think of yarran at Richmond, but others do like Burgoyne at hawthorn.

He will improve our list and add much needed experience.