#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

swoop42 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:Works hard in close. Runs hard, both ways, and kicks a long kick.
A lot to like... And a third of the price of the bloke he replaced. Oh, and we got De Goey, too!!!
And Greenwood. :D

We might be arrested for buggery. :shock:
Ummmmm
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Piesnchess wrote:yes, suck shit Leppeitch, you freckled pimply ranger prick, thanks for that, you stuffed up bigtime pal, bigtime. LOL
Yep, these fukkwits have taken over from Freo as our feeder-club of choice.

Will sit back and watch battle of the Qld dipshits tomorrow. 8)
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

swoop42 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:Works hard in close. Runs hard, both ways, and kicks a long kick.
A lot to like... And a third of the price of the bloke he replaced. Oh, and we got De Goey, too!!!
And Greenwood. :D

We might be arrested for buggery. :shock:
No lube either. :oops:
afisher

Post by afisher »

I have him leading the "medhurst" medal at this stage :D

Which poses an interesting question , the best accidental trades. Eg crisp , medurst,
It would be interesting to hear who was on the list and who may top it !!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

If the trade had been a straight swap Crisp for Beams, I reckon we would still be ahead.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

This kid is so good it's scary. ,we won that trade by so much it's even more scary
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Two things stand out in this trade: brisbane overestimated where their list was at and they underestimated how much they gave up for Beams.

Laughing at both realities right now. Lol.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Leppa: Cant believe Crisp will get the deal done

Hine: Cant believe they dont rate Crisp enough, is this really happening?

Leppa: They (Pies) probably think he'll be another Polec, lol

Hine: This guy will be better than Polec if they are dumb enough to let him go!

Leppa: How smart are will, just got a call, it'll get the deal done, lol

Hine: Im so glad we are dealing with a ranga bogan who has a brain span of a Brisbane recruiter! lol

Leppa: Deal done! you beauty!

Hine: Deal done you beauty!

Leppa last night: Oh crap :(

Hine last night: I just crapped my pants with what I saw :)
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
axl13

Post by axl13 »

People who are saying he can't kick just have a look at the reply with his 2 bullet passes in the same passage of play last night along with his gutting running. He is going to be a ripper for our club. What a deal Crisp and DeGeoy Mmmmmmmm Im drooling
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Q: What has a shorter attention span than a Brisbane recruiter?
A: A Brisbane supporter.

Fair dinkum some of the most brain dead seat warmers this side of Crow park - and I thought they were dim!
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

a beautiful landscape to see: a skillful moving train...
if you know what i mean :)
sooooooooo delightful to watch him playing
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

I think some still aren't aware we got 3 players, Pick 5 (DeGoey), Pick 25 (Greenwood) and Crisp, for Beams. Seriously good deal.

Not only does Crisp get 20+ touches, he also STOPS his opponent getting 30+ themselves. Not to mention throw an additional established hard nut in Greenwood and an untried junior gun in DeGoey.

Yowsers!
Est. 2002
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Raw Hammer wrote:I think some still aren't aware we got 3 players, Pick 5 (DeGoey), Pick 25 (Greenwood) and Crisp, for Beams. Seriously good deal.

Not only does Crisp get 20+ touches, he also STOPS his opponent getting 30+ themselves. Not to mention throw an additional established hard nut in Greenwood and an untried junior gun in DeGoey.

Yowsers!
Yep, it's looking like a great deal for us. It's why I wasn't too disappointed that Beams wanted out. In a deal where you're trading out one player for multiple players you usually win (see even West Coast for Judd. Beams is no Judd and the deal didn't even work perfectly for the Eagles (pick 3 not so great), yet they still won out).

In our case, the pick we got looks the goods, despite De Goey not really having played yet :D and the steak knives in Crisp looks awesome (a much better fit for our team than Beams. 26 disposals (3rd most), 5 clearances (equal most) and 8 tackles (2nd most) last night). We're ahead on the deal despite the main established player involved not having played a game.

It was the "established" player, Greenwood, that seemed like the main risk. Would he be able to continue his form of last season, or would he go back to being a so-so player who tries hard? If we got the latter, the deal didn't look great and would hinge on De Goey becoming a star. With Crisp now going so well it doesn't really matter what we get out of Greenwood, though if it's the 2014 vintage Beams has done us a massive favour.
Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done boys!
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

Yes Lad, a lot to like. 21 yr old, 190 cm, 90 kg, hard nut. where's the risk?
thank you Leppitsch.
The window is open my friend!