#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Pete 70 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:Nine News

De Goey has employed a New York law firm to defend him

Same firm that defended Harvey Weinstein
Forget the law firm, I’d employ Andy Dufresne.
I doubt he has the patience to work with Andy!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

Presti35 wrote:Whats disappointing is that the club has turned a new page, we've got a positive feeling, all these great moved around the club, we've been out of the headlines... and then this.

You look at the club this time last year. We'd had one of the greatest wins I can remember (In Perth Vs WCE), then were smashed by ten goals in the Semi. Then the whole Treloar thing, added to Stevo and Phillips. And then the season took place and we end up second last. It was a dreadful season. The coach and everyone around him gone. President and other board members gone. Replacement President gone. Playing list looking really different.

JDG gets special permission to go and train in the US. From all reports he is smashing it. He's in great shape and has, himself, turned a new leaf. Everything was going great. Then this. Fine, go out and have a good time and all. But geez man is it that hard to keep some self control and stay out of trouble?

It'll be interesting to see what happens here, but the draft cant come quick enough for me.
I feel the same. Just disappointed that the club can't seem to go through an off-season without a scandal.

I'll reserve judgment on JDG until the hearing, but he's fast running out of chances if he hasn't already done so.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

My guess is the charges are dropped and it doesn't even go to court. That's a pretty exclusive party I would have thought, one can only imagine what else goes on there.
Get back on top.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Michael Genovese@GenoveseMichael·3m

Breaking: Jordan De Goey is no longer accused of ‘forcible touching’. He faces no charges relating to a 35yo female.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Cam wrote:My guess is the charges are dropped and it doesn't even go to court. That's a pretty exclusive party I would have thought, one can only imagine what else goes on there.
I hope you're right Cam. Luckily the guy who was apparently hit and kicked did not require any medical attention, which suggests the incident may not have been as bad as reported. At the end of the day, De Goey is a dickhead, but he's our dickhead.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

doriswilgus wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote: He was our first live pick in that draft and another wasted one.Another black mark on Hine’s resume.Do you ever wonder why so many of the players we draft have behavioural issues,yet the players we recruit from other clubs are no trouble at all.The players Hiine picks are always the biggest trouble makers.As I said,he’s a very poor judge of character.[/quote

Sier, as in Brayden ........ has character issues ? Thats your std ?
Fair enough.

And you think recruiting players who have demonstrated character by their years in the system is the same as recruiting a kid out of high school ?

Ok then.
Sier didn’t have the dedication,discipline,or the drive to become an A.F.L player.Smoking,drinking,not being fit enough,playing basketball when he was supposed to be in rehab.Whether you call it character or not,it’s clear that he didn’t have what it takes to make it in the A.F.L.And he’s clearly not the only misfire from Mr Hine.There are plenty of others just like him
:lol: :lol: ok so the new standard is "not training hard enough"
And you've given three examples of what, how many has Hine and team selected over the years?
How many players get cut from AFL lists each year ? You think this is unique to Hine ?
Ok, My bad
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:My guess is the charges are dropped and it doesn't even go to court. That's a pretty exclusive party I would have thought, one can only imagine what else goes on there.
I hope you're right Cam. Luckily the guy who was apparently hit and kicked did not require any medical attention, which suggests the incident may not have been as bad as reported. At the end of the day, De Goey is a dickhead, but he's our dickhead.
There was a story going round yesterday, from a supposed insider. Degoey went up to the women and started dancing with her - her boyfriend didn't like it and threw punches at Degoey and thats what started it. The girl then said to police Degoey touched her to justify him getting involved.

I didnt read much into it however with the charges dropped re the assault on the women.............

Again, report said "all were intoxicated" and no-one sought medical treatment.

Im not happy Degoey is putting himself in these situations. I did say from the start as did a handfull of others, Ill wait to see the full story.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

robevpau1 wrote:Michael Genovese@GenoveseMichael·3m

Breaking: Jordan De Goey is no longer accused of ‘forcible touching’. He faces no charges relating to a 35yo female.
no wonder he’s going back to LA to train, the cost of the lawyer and payoff.

So what now? I’m guessing the dude will follow suit.

Til next time? His contract? Next year? And again, til next time.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Nah, I don’t care.
He’s done.

Too many incidents, too many chances.

The Club needs to set an example that this shitty behaviour is unacceptable.
Why put yourself in a situation where things can go pear shaped?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

ANNODAM wrote:Nah, I don’t care.
He’s done.

Too many incidents, too many chances.

The Club needs to set an example that this shitty behaviour is unacceptable.
Why put yourself in a situation where things can go pear shaped?
I can't help to feel the same, mate, but I'm praying there's a bit of the "Dids" about all this. DeGoey needs to now become an enforcer on the field and help us carve out a premiership cup one day in the coming years, and on the same day he's wearing a Norm Smith medal.

That's if he gets past this, of course, and we choose to give him a final chance.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

The fact the most serious charge against De Goey has been dropped is significant. Football wise, he has much answer for. His provisional stand down was the right decision. But we need ALL the facts (easy to jump to false conclusions), and the court outcome (if it proceeds without prior settlement) - before making a final decision about his career.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Skids »

Hmmm, charge dropped. Very interesting.
All the feminazis, where's the apologies?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Forcible touching charge dropped, significantly by the NYC police. Still facing assault charge for the punch up though. Do we owe an apology?
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

MJ23 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
MJ23 wrote: :lol: :lol: ok so the new standard is "not training hard enough"
And you've given three examples of what, how many has Hine and team selected over the years?
How many players get cut from AFL lists each year ? You think this is unique to Hine ?
Ok, My bad
I’ve given three examples of Hine stuffing up first round picks and first live picks.That’s pretty damning in my opinion and in the opinion of many others.You’re obviously a fan of his,so there’s no point in me reminding you of his failures. you obviously don’t want to hear about it.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Just remember folks.......most young footballers are dickheads. All a club can do is try to provide an environment where they are mentored and given the opportunity to grow and become better versions of themselves. It ain't easy, but it's all we can do.