#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

In the eyes of many, he’ll still be considered guilty of groping a woman.

So it was one of “those” parties, Cam?
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

RudeBoy wrote:Just remember folks.......most young footballers are dickheads. All a club can do is try to provide an environment where they are mentored and given the opportunity to grow and become better versions of themselves. It ain't easy, but it's all we can do.
If you all knew the crap I did when I was young and dumb
MurderousMagpie

Post by MurderousMagpie »

ANNODAM wrote:Nah, I don’t care.
He’s done.

Too many incidents, too many chances.

The Club needs to set an example that this shitty behaviour is unacceptable.
Why put yourself in a situation where things can go pear shaped?

What JDG gets up to in his personal life is none of our buisness anyway.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Podpicken wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:Nah, I don’t care.
He’s done.

Too many incidents, too many chances.

The Club needs to set an example that this shitty behaviour is unacceptable.
Why put yourself in a situation where things can go pear shaped?
I can't help to feel the same, mate, but I'm praying there's a bit of the "Dids" about all this. DeGoey needs to now become an enforcer on the field and help us carve out a premiership cup one day in the coming years, and on the same day he's wearing a Norm Smith medal.

That's if he gets past this, of course, and we choose to give him a final chance.
I’m with Madonna ,

Not sure that the club will be but I would not blame them at all for dismissing him. For a start I don’t believe one player wins us the cup it’s a team effort. How would you feel if you miss your spot for this clown ?

Look at how many politicians, movie stars and sport stars end up in this position. He just should not have been there full stop even I. Pre COVID times.

As for apologies I’ll wait for proof there was no pay out.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

Exactly!!
Old bush proverb

If you sit on a fence with crows
And act like a crow
You must expect to be shot at
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Maybe we can trade JDG to Adelaide?
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

doriswilgus wrote:I’ve given three examples of Hine stuffing up first round picks and first live picks.That’s pretty damning in my opinion and in the opinion of many others.You’re obviously a fan of his,so there’s no point in me reminding you of his failures. you obviously don’t want to hear about it.
"A Fan" ? not sure about that. Just get agitated over hysterics.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Culprit
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Culprit »

de Goey's Lawyer used to be Harvey Weinstein's lawyer, that says it all.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by Pies2016 »

RudeBoy wrote:Just remember folks.......most young footballers are dickheads. All a club can do is try to provide an environment where they are mentored and given the opportunity to grow and become better versions of themselves. It ain't easy, but it's all we can do.
R B, the problem I have with all this, is that we just finished 17th.
We all want success and the situation he found himself doesn’t sound like someone who is committed to playing his part.
McRae would have called a player meeting weeks ago and talked about how do we get better. The players would have parroted “ we need to drive better standards if we want to climb the ladder “
There’s a collective standard that everyone is required to hold themselves to and that everyone promises each other to uphold ( and that doesn’t include not having any fun ) It sounds corny but that’s how it works in elite environments and honouring those standards is the difference between 17th and success. We participate in an equalised competition as it is, so the moment you aren’t getting full buy in from one of your better players, you’re starting behind the eight ball.
He might go on and the win the Copeland from here and good on him if he does but right now he’s already made a mockery of everything the club had set out to achieve in preparation for 2022. Once again, for me, it’s not about the individual, it’s about the club.
I heard both Maynard and Howe interviewed and although the both reiterated their support for DeGoey, both of them used the word “ again “. He’s going to need to play some very good footy for a long while if he has any interest in winning back the players, let alone the club.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

The case may fizzle to just a punch up between drunks & he may return fitter than usual and GW & Craig Mac after a torrid dressing down and “You have my solem word I’ll change “ and a decent AFL hand down sentence of games he will miss and some other corrective measures (maybe the Salvo,s again)
everything “appears “ resolved

What,s the possibilities that he has finally seen the errors of his past

That I’ll wager will make JDG -AFL player a point of ongoing interest
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

BazBoy wrote:The case may fizzle to just a punch up between drunks & he may return fitter than usual and GW & Craig Mac after a torrid dressing down and “You have my solem word I’ll change “ and a decent AFL hand down sentence of games he will miss and some other corrective measures (maybe the Salvo,s again)
everything “appears “ resolved

What,s the possibilities that he has finally seen the errors of his past

That I’ll wager will make JDG -AFL player a point of ongoing interest
So some guy didn't like jdg dancing with his missus.
Comes out swinging
Jdg responds
Would not have made the old truth paper in the long gone days.
If someone has a go at you would you respond?????
Collingwood needs not be a footy club but should be a convent.
Fmd whst has the world become.
AJ

Post by AJ »

All charges will be dropped before December I suspect. And you will ALL owe him an apology.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:My guess is the charges are dropped and it doesn't even go to court. That's a pretty exclusive party I would have thought, one can only imagine what else goes on there.
I hope you're right Cam. Luckily the guy who was apparently hit and kicked did not require any medical attention, which suggests the incident may not have been as bad as reported. At the end of the day, De Goey is a dickhead, but he's our dickhead.
Refused medical attention... :wink:
Get back on top.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Describes it exactly as it happened, woke up Sunday morning in a good mood, finally free, and wham,

Everyone should read it.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!