The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

jackcass wrote:O'Donnell and Wilson being ineligible is a long way shy of making them unlawful appointments which was your claim. Her ineligibility was managed and would have been formally addressed at the next AGM. Wilson's to as it transpired.

Happy for you to point me to the story in the media which confirms the boards actions to be unlawful. Clearly it'll be there somewhere as everything else about the saga is.
That's pretty funny. I'm telling you the appointment was unlawful ab initio because, as a matter of corporate law, it was.

As to your second point, the media and I have an arrangement. I don't write their articles for them and they don't write my legal advices or appear before any superior appellate courts.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Pies4shaw wrote:
jackcass wrote:O'Donnell and Wilson being ineligible is a long way shy of making them unlawful appointments which was your claim. Her ineligibility was managed and would have been formally addressed at the next AGM. Wilson's to as it transpired.

Happy for you to point me to the story in the media which confirms the boards actions to be unlawful. Clearly it'll be there somewhere as everything else about the saga is.
That's pretty funny. I'm telling you the appointment was unlawful ab initio because, as a matter of corporate law, it was.

As to your second point, the media and I have an arrangement. I don't write their articles for them and they don't write my legal advices or appear before any superior appellate courts.
Who are you? Sound like a very learned High Court Justice? Your opinions are very thoughtful, accurate, and informative. And I So Advise !
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies4shaw wrote:That's pretty funny. I'm telling you the appointment was unlawful ab initio because, as a matter of corporate law, it was.

Again, I disagree. The appointment would have been ratified or rejected by members at the next AGM as allowed within the constitution. Nothing about that is unlawful. I look forward to your litigation of the case to demonstrate otherwise.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I don't litigate trivia like this. But gainsaying my considered view doesn't stop your position being nonsensical.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Gee, that's a two way street isn't it.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

No, it isn't. I'm telling you, respectfully, that you are maintaining a nonsense view. Your contention is not open. It is not even arguable. It is remarkable that you persist.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Irony is completely lost on you because I'm telling you the same. And I haven't been reduced to suggesting you're a light-sensitive collection of cells so I'm not sure where the "respectfully" comes into it. I'll leave it there.
Last edited by jackcass on Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Murphy won't be re-contesting his spot on the board.
Murphy won’t contest election but Collingwood could still have board fight

Collingwood board member Peter Murphy will not contest the club’s election, hoping the decision will make for a peaceful transition to a Jeff Browne-led board.

Murphy confirmed to The Age he had decided against nominating to contest his place on the board at the up-coming election. He declined to comment further but did confirm his decision.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mur ... 595zl.html
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I think Murphy is a loss but there was always going to be some collateral damage. I would have voted for him.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I think Murphy is a loss but there was always going to be some collateral damage. I would have voted for him.
My impression is Murphy was a popular board member and would have been re-elected if he contested his spot.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

That's a bit sad. Think Murphy is a big loss for the board.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Mitch Cleary@cleary_mitch

"Pies members are heading to the polls. 4x board seats are up for grabs and there were more than 4x nominations at yday’s deadline. Club currently validating eligibility of nominations. Voting scheduled to begin Nov 19. Jeff Browne still the expected pres. @7NewsMelbourne@7AFL
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Disappointing that one or both of Wilson and Korda did not have the sense to stand down - Wilson because he was not a social club member and Korda because he's long overstayed his welcome (15 yrs is enough already!). Instead, we have the situation where the most capable and non-ego-driven Board member in Murphy, has sacrificed his position for the good of our club. I just hope that Murphy returns to our Board again in 12 months time.