The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

pietillidie wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:Quick overview of the nominees
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... -directors
Certainly a well-credentialed list. And finally a decent process. What do people think? Is there enough social representation?

The Browne, Roberts, Carp and Holgate ticket is at least made explicit here.

A question for those in the know: do any of the clubs have a permanent seat for indigenous representation?

Next, for the candidates to outline more about their thinking in relation to the club. Football is definitely not just about conventional business credentials because it's not a 'free market',being subject to competition constraints and having a captive constituency. Instead, football clubs are a weird mix of commercial, organisational and social dynamics. If people merely spout corporate cliche in relation to football, you know they're clueless.

Right now we are a no-go destination for players and have a reputation for diminishing the personal brands of those in our orbit. There is a hell of a lot of organisational development and culture building to be done before we become a force again.
What do you expect when the club has been run as a dictatorship by Kim Jong Ed and his sycophantic yes men for over 20 yrs. There's been no democracy at all in that time - only self-serving narcissists hand picked by the great leader to used to prop up his regime. The club cannot move forward until they're all gone.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jezza wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Can’t wait to wave goodbye to Dr Bulldog
She's already left.
When?! Wow, didn’t even get in the news or I was asleep that day. Typical.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

swoop42 wrote:Murphy not electing to run is exactly the reason why he'll be a big loss.

Putting the club first, not his ego and doing what he believes is in it's current best interests just like at the end of 2017 when he identified our football side could and should be performing better, woke us from our malaise and challenged the president, coach and football department to do better.

Thanks Peter. All class.
Murphy was the best candidate for president and I am disappointed that he has decided not to nominate for this election.

I am also watching with interest Sizer’s position if the Browne ticket gets voted in considering her vocal disapproval of Browne during the course of the year.
Last edited by slangman on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Side By Side -
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

swoop42 wrote:Murphy not electing to run is exactly the reason why he'll be a big loss.

Putting the club first, not his ego and doing what he believes is in it's current best interests just like at the end of 2017 when he identified our football side could and should be performing better, woke us from our malaise and challenged the president, coach and football department to do better.

Thanks Peter. All class.
I thought the same thing. I'm only able to go by media reports and a few other bits and pieces but this sounds like a very good assessment of his character and judgement.
I think therefore I think - I think
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Like to see Alicia Camplin on the board and even the lord mayor Sally Capp too.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:I still can’t get over the denial by jackcass of the lack of corporate governance of the Collingwood football club
Where have I ever suggested that the club hasn't had issues with governance? Look forward to you citing that/those post(s).
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:but nevertheless it really gratifying that the Collingwood members finally have a choice of which board members represent them. Finally after 20 years we have a democratic choice of who represents us. This drives the Collingwood football club into the 21st century. The football department has been overhauled. The admin is being overhauled with democratic elections by the members. For once I feel optimistic about the future of the Collingwood football club.
We can only hope that this election leads to a positive change at board level. Could just as easily lead to a completely disfunctional board and bring the club to its knees.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Any voting member could have stood for election any year in the past 20 so stop calling it a dictatorship.
Comparing Ed's administration to the North Korean dictator is absurd. Ed has never tortured, imprisoned or executed anyone.
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

neil wrote:Any voting member could have stood for election any year in the past 20 so stop calling it a dictatorship.
Comparing Ed's administration to the North Korean dictator is absurd. Ed has never tortured, imprisoned or executed anyone.
....that we know of. :wink:
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Why do you need a permanent Indigenous, or for that matter LBGTI or arab or whatever person on the board.

I want the best people on and I hope a few of them know about footy clubs.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Thanks Peter. All class.
He's conducted himself with plenty of dignity and class.

I hope he reconsiders running once Korda steps aside next year.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Mr Miyagi wrote:When?! Wow, didn’t even get in the news or I was asleep that day. Typical.
Resigned on September 16.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... steps-down
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:
neil wrote:Any voting member could have stood for election any year in the past 20 so stop calling it a dictatorship.
....that we know of. :wink:
They’ll likely start to discover the bodies when they start the redevelopment.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

He spent about 15 more years in office than the current Korean dictator and while he didn’t torture, imprison or execute anyone the similarity is that neither have had elections.
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Like Kim Ed put on more weight over the years. Not sure the level of interest Ed had in nuclear armaments. Similar?
Magpies love pies(Lol)
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Like to see Holgate as president