Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

qldmagpie67 wrote:But tbh, the only player we really, really, want from WCE is 187cm, 19 yo, and absolutely no chance of getting to Collingwood.
Have you seen the clip of Adam Simpson entering the press conference and his quick exchange with Reid, the kid is smart arse toxic. No second guessing who was sending texts, but in his first year! No thanks

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/eagle ... 9ed488e338
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

We traded all of our first round draft picks so we dont have a very good hand this year.
Can anyone recall recently we have picks in the top 10.
Always around the 20 odd pick draft for our first pick.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Born to Pie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:But tbh, the only player we really, really, want from WCE is 187cm, 19 yo, and absolutely no chance of getting to Collingwood.
Have you seen the clip of Adam Simpson entering the press conference and his quick exchange with Reid, the kid is smart arse toxic. No second guessing who was sending texts, but in his first year! No thanks

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/eagle ... 9ed488e338
There’s real doubt about both what Simpson said, and who it was directed to. More people now seem to think the comment was directed at Bailey Williams.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

The interesting thing is that Keane has been as much screwed by the Adelaide football club as he was under Nathan Buckley at Collingwood. Keane is a run and carry player like Howe. That's what they do in Gallic football. He's not a stopper and never will be a stopper. How he fits in with Darcy Moore is the $64 dollar question.
piffdog
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The interesting thing is that Keane has been as much screwed by the Adelaide football club as he was under Nathan Buckley at Collingwood. Keane is a run and carry player like Howe. That's what they do in Gallic football. He's not a stopper and never will be a stopper. How he fits in with Darcy Moore is the $64 dollar question.
Darcy Moore might also have to fit in with those around him. If he's as good a player as I think he is, he'll contiunue to mould his own game to meet the borader team needs and capabilities.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:We traded all of our first round draft picks so we dont have a very good hand this year.
Can anyone recall recently we have picks in the top 10.
Always around the 20 odd pick draft for our first pick.
Kinda what happens when you’re contenting
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Another crows player linked to the Pies with Sam Berry today on SEN. I’m not really sure if anything is going on or if it’s just the usual media beat up to boost his price to recontract at the crows.

It has got me thinking, what if McCreery or Double H request a move home to Adelaide. Surely we’d aim higher than Keane and Berry and go for a Rachele

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/12/ ... ollingwood
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The interesting thing is that Keane has been as much screwed by the Adelaide football club as he was under Nathan Buckley at Collingwood. Keane is a run and carry player like Howe. That's what they do in Gallic football. He's not a stopper and never will be a stopper. How he fits in with Darcy Moore is the $64 dollar question.
Howe is 34 I suppose.

Either way he is a defender and we could use him right now. Weather he is a stopper or a run and cary type defender.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times

Post by Presti35 »

The Black and White Lion wrote:Another crows player linked to the Pies with Sam Berry today on SEN. I’m not really sure if anything is going on or if it’s just the usual media beat up to boost his price to recontract at the crows.

It has got me thinking, what if McCreery or Double H request a move home to Adelaide. Surely we’d aim higher than Keane and Berry and go for a Rachele
Sam Berry, thats a new one. So lets have a look; 22yo, 182cm, small fwd/mid. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... Berry.html

Not sure how much of a need he fills, but the age bracket is right.

FWIW, Beau and HH are keepers for me.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion

Oh yeah Beau and Double H are keepers for me too but you just never know with the go home factor sometimes. Especially with Beau who’s one a premiership medal already
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Having just watched Cats v Pies VFL game, the player I would hope Collingwood is at least making enquiries about, is Brandon Parfitt. Seems like he’s out of contract and when you compare his polish vs Sullivan, the difference is chalk and cheese. Parfitt is another one whose best and worst can be poles apart but there’s no doubting his skill and ball winning ability.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
The Black and White Lion

Yeah Parfitt has been on a watch list for a while now. Was lucky to win a flag after Holmes injured his hamstring in 2022. Parfitt looks good at times as a support mid, he's never led at the Cats given the likes of Selwood, Danger and co.

My only question on Parfitt is he like Esava and good as support but not able to assert himself in the lead role.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I'd make a play for Sam Weiderman now. Given we don't expect much from our KP forwards, he'll fit right in and can only really surprise on the upside. At 27 next year, he might be a good replacement for Mihocek / Cox, who will be 32 and 34 respectively.

The other is Lobb. Again expectations will be low, but we know he can play
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

What'sinaname wrote:I'd make a play for Sam Weiderman now. Given we don't expect much from our KP forwards, he'll fit right in and can only really surprise on the upside. At 27 next year, he might be a good replacement for Mihocek / Cox, who will be 32 and 34 respectively.

The other is Lobb. Again expectations will be low, but we know he can play
No to the weed for me. May as well have a crack at Scache if we r that desperate. Lobb would be a yes for a low price.

We need to get into the top 5 of the draft at all costs. I would like to see some firmer rules for the list management department around our first round picks current and future - ie to make it very hard to trade then unless it’s a top 10 player in the comp entering his prime. Looking back over the years we have done okay when bringing in a top pick for a player but horribly when we trade our top picks away.

Would also love to see us make a play for Cadman.

I think we should see our window as closing and consider a trade for De Goey while he has top value.
Buon Giorno
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Zurhaar is now more likely to stay at North, than leave.