#13 Dale Thomas

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Scotch

Post by Scotch »

^

Collingwood Supporters, Footy Commentators and the Clokes all need to equally shoulder the weight for dragging out the Cloke scenario.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" ~ Oscar Wilde
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

While Daisy was a more enthusiastic supporter of Mick's than a lot of the boys I would be very surprised if we lost him. Daisy and Pendles have played to each other since the Gippsland Power days and apart from being good mates I suspect Daisy knows that his co-operation with Pendles is an essential part of what makes him a great player. At another club he would be a good player. At Collingwood, working with his mate Pendles, he is a great player. I suspect that may mean more to Daisy than money.
Born and raised in Black and White
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Even Daisys biggest fans would surely admit he played about 15 minutes of good football for the entire year, about 7 minutes after half time in rd2 and about 8 minutes after half time in the 2nd week of finals. Wasnt sighted at any other stage of the season
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Daisy leaving, although unpalatable, wouldn't hurt the side that much. He's a midfielder forward, and very replaceable. A Cloke type leaving, the man who gives the side structure, would have been terrible.
Genesis 1:1
E

Post by E »

Pa Marmo wrote:Daisy leaving, although unpalatable, wouldn't hurt the side that much. He's a midfielder forward, and very replaceable. A Cloke type leaving, the man who gives the side structure, would have been terrible.
very ignorant comment (not unexpected).

daisy Thomas is the difference maker at Collingwood and the biggest reason we won in 2010. Pretty sure he has struggled to be at his best due to injury in 2012 and it really hurt us. Without his dominant surges, we looked fairly pedestrian last year.

would leave a massive hole.
E

Post by E »

eddiesmith wrote:Even Daisys biggest fans would surely admit he played about 15 minutes of good football for the entire year, about 7 minutes after half time in rd2 and about 8 minutes after half time in the 2nd week of finals. Wasnt sighted at any other stage of the season
and as a result we limped home in 4th place. compare that to 2012, when even mike sheehan acknowledged he became on of the best players in the league. How did we go in 2010.

If we hope to replicate 2010 in 2013, just pray that Daisy gets back to his 2010 form.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Let me be the first to say, I like Dale, I think he will stay.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
ClokingDevice

Re: Will Daisy Thomas be the new Travis Cloke in 2013?

Post by ClokingDevice »

jack_spain wrote:
Pies contract woes move to Thomas
Contract woes????

We signed everyone ffs :roll:
We will feast on their bones
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Will Daisy Thomas be the new Travis Cloke in 2013?

Post by warburton lad »

ClokingDevice wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Pies contract woes move to Thomas
Contract woes????

We signed everyone ffs :roll:
Absolutely spot on, Mr Cloaking Device:
Dawes left because Bucks, rightly, could not guarantee him a gig; we could not match what Wee-girls offered Wellingham.

We have no contract woes until we win the next two flags and have to find money to keep all our triple-premiership stars.

Pies08 hung them up when his local club could not fit him in their salary cap despite his pivotal contribution to two premierships.

Dave O'D has always been able to get a great wage outcome because he is elite.....
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Yes, if he was at his 2010 standard, we should do everything to lock him up.

Same can be said for Didak. And Johnson.

Injury is the great leveler in footy.

I'll wait to see how he starts the year before I wade in.

I love Daisy, and really would hate to see him in another teams colours. I hope he gets back to where he was. Ditto Didak. And Johnson. At least Daisy and Dids have age on their side, (although Did's playing style comes into it to, much harder on the body than the other two) uphill now for Johnson I fear.

Yep we limped into 4th, a mighty effort IMO. And finished 3rd.

The guy we really need firing, what I believe really cost us, because we really missed those 2nd over the ball efforts, the man who has more heart than any other 2 guys put together, and that is Luke Ball.

With Ball playing, I believe we could have gone all the way.

Get Ball, Daisy, Didds back to near their best, with the assistance to Jolly and Cloke from Lynch, I reckon we will be mighty tough to beat.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

No.

Your boy Lance "Buddy" Franklin will be.

God how I'd love to see the hawks lose him to Freo.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Scotch wrote:^

Collingwood Supporters, Footy Commentators and the Clokes all need to equally shoulder the weight for dragging out the Cloke scenario.
You are right but our Football Department and Administration played a key role also.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Will Daisy Thomas be the new Travis Cloke in 2013?

Not unless he bulks up a lot more, crashes packs & becomes the highest contested mark in the AFL over a few years.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

What a stupid frickin' post. EVERY player at some stage will come out of contract FFS give it a break!! It's still 2012 and next year will take care of itself. Daisy WILL be a one club player.
themonk

Post by themonk »

If we want a player to stay then he will stay, I think we have already proven that.

Daisy is an elite player and has the x factor, enough said.