#2 Shane Woewodin

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

understudy wrote:Not overly impressive...

Still very concerned about his lack of pace...
Jeez, what more could you have asked from him than what you got today? Time and again, Woewodin did the hard things and won the hard ball. It was the sort of performance he was noted for in the year before winning the Brownlow - less Nathan Buckley than Paul Licuria.

Our leg speed in the midfield is a problem overall, not something to be blamed on one player. Hopefully Shaw, Holland, Johnson, Lokan and Davis will continue to develop and give us a bit more pace around the ground.

Winning a medal can distort perceptions of a player. Woewodin is not in the class of a Buckley or McLeod and never will be (Buckley consistently thrashed him in previous encounters). But he is still a very solid player, capable of dominating games on his day.

Today he went in under enormous pressure and concentrated on nothing more than winning the ball. That takes guts and class. He will be a real asset in the second half of the season.

The Weed
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
woey-222

Post by woey-222 »

I thought woewodin had the best game he could have had against his former club, the Melbourne Netball Club. He did the hard things, and that what he said hed do, and he showed Melbourne that they got rid of 1 of their best players. keep on goin woey, and dont worry about ya lack of pace, just keep workin hard and youll get reward for effort. :D
2-WOEWODIN-2 2-WOEWODIN-2
2-WOEWODIN-2 2-WOEWODIN-2
woe_is_me

Post by woe_is_me »

As I have pointed out many times, Shane will be a very good player for Collingwood. He has never been fast, but he knows how to get the ball!

Thanks to Melbourne we have gained a valuable asset for one measily draft pick...
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Woewodin played well, he will start to play better now this game is out of the way.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

A tribute to Shane Woewodin - Woey boy

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jessa

Post by jessa »

That's absolutely fantastic!
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Bloody awesome that. Job well done!!!! Very funny too.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Great stuff WPW and a very intelligent way with words.
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m

Post by TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m »

Awwwww well done sweety lol had a good laugh thank you!
*~Luv Always Tara~*
nato nero e bianco
dado nero e bianco!!
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
colt

Post by colt »

Well said WPW :D
As some of you will know, I've gotten into a few arguments in the past over defending our Woey.
Nice to see someone praise our boy up.
woe_is_me

Post by woe_is_me »

What a great job!!

Funny as anything I've seen for awhile!!!

Let's hope it all rings true hey!!!!
TMan4

Post by TMan4 »

Fantastic stuff! Excellent work WhyPhilWhy?!
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Might be a good poem but I am not a great fan of Woewodin, I would have preferred to use the money on a matchwinner, and not one whose heart doesn't still beat the colour of his old team.
Oh I LOVE the Pies so much. Oh I am SO much in love with you. But why do you let me down so much? You let me down, let me down, let me down. You destroy my soul, the essence of my world.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Very nice.

Mad, Woey is costing us stuff all as the Demons still pay a % of his wage and for the draft pick we had at that time we could not have picked up a match winner. I think many included myself expected to much from him. He won a Brownlow in a crap team. Now he plays in a team along with quality players, such as Burns, Bucks, Lica, Tarrant etc he does not look as good.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Excellent,the day he got the boot from the dees was the day that their heart was ripped out of that skiing club.As said by many dees supporters.