#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Raw Hammer wrote:I think some still aren't aware we got 3 players, Pick 5 (DeGoey), Pick 25 (Greenwood) and Crisp, for Beams. Seriously good deal.

Not only does Crisp get 20+ touches, he also STOPS his opponent getting 30+ themselves. Not to mention throw an additional established hard nut in Greenwood and an untried junior gun in DeGoey.

Yowsers!
Every one likes the romance of believing we got three for one but It was never that simple raw. For ease of putting it on paper it may have looked that way, but we infact lost beams, and lumumba and pick 67, we gained of course De Goey, Crisp, Greenwood and Varcoe.

It was a 5 club trade and with pick 67 the Brions successfully bid on and received f/s 19 yr old josh Clayton.

The jury is still out for mine on that deal. Ask me again at seasons end. however that said, .....so far so good. :D
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Varcoe and Lumumba pretty much cancel each other out though.
Well done boys!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

September Zeros wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:I think some still aren't aware we got 3 players, Pick 5 (DeGoey), Pick 25 (Greenwood) and Crisp, for Beams. Seriously good deal.

Not only does Crisp get 20+ touches, he also STOPS his opponent getting 30+ themselves. Not to mention throw an additional established hard nut in Greenwood and an untried junior gun in DeGoey.

Yowsers!
Every one likes the romance of believing we got three for one but It was never that simple raw. For ease of putting it on paper it may have looked that way, but we infact lost beams, and lumumba and pick 67, we gained of course De Goey, Crisp, Greenwood and Varcoe.

It was a 5 club trade and with pick 67 the Brions successfully bid on and received f/s 19 yr old josh Clayton.

The jury is still out for mine on that deal. Ask me again at seasons end. however that said, .....so far so good. :D
7 senior list changes so something like....

Beams -De Goey (pick 5)
Lumumba - Varcoe
Ball - Crisp
Maxwell - Greenwood (pick 25)
Lynch - Moore (9)
Clarke - Maynard (30)
Armstrong - Goodyear (48)
pablo

Post by pablo »

I feel sorry for Beams, languishing at the bottom of the ladder with a percentage of 51%, while his former teammates sit atop the ladder with almost 100% more. Hope he's enjoying the ca$h. Honourable mention to Dai$y too.

Welcome home Crispy :)
Go Pies!!
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Beams must be having second thoughts now alright! hahaha
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

How has Beams been playing?
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

thompsoc wrote:How has Beams been playing?
Like Dayne Beams. In other words, Supercoach players still love him, but he ain't really that good.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Beams is a skilful gut runner who is unaccountable. He is just like Swanny, with less tackles though, you can't afford to have two of those in your best midfield these days.
Get back on top.

Post by 5150 »

thompsoc wrote:How has Beams been playing?
Beam$ - One of the highest paid, better players in the worst team.
Thoma$ - One of the highest paid, run of the mill players in the 2nd worst team.

Enjoy mediocrity chaps...
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

It's kind of funny how people change their minds when the going's good. It sure does look like we are in front on the deal and I'm as happy as heck over that, but some people are talking as if beams was a two-bit player. He is elite and there are not many of them around.

We should be very thankful that people at the Club were clever enough to arrange the deal last year and not wait until next year when he would have been a restricted free agent and we would have got next to nothing.
Go Pies!
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Reality is Beams and H both wanted to go and the club has done v well!

Varcoe a good swap for H and we are well up on the beams trade!!! :)
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Crisp has been a revelation and the biggest surprise of the season for us. I just love the way he plays from nullifying the influence of his direct opponent but also having an impact on the scoreboard through goals and assisting others around him. We severely underrated him when he first came to the club.

I actually cannot believe Brisbane gave up on him but I'm stoked with the way he's going at the moment. He'll play every match this season if he can sustain the current form he's in at the moment.

Also another thing that makes me impressed about him is his long penetrating kicks which was something that many people doubted and questioned during the off-season but he's proving everyone wrong.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Really wrapped with Crisp, keep it coming, We have really missed a player like him.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

Still looking for plenty of upside from this fella! Certainly provides us with another dimension in the mix!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Better to be able to now have a positive response to the deals. Otherwise some here wouold have simply crucified the club recruiting people for doing deals about Beams and Harry who both wanted to leave. Considering that we were backed into a corner, the trade outcomes have been excellent so far.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!