Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

Post by K »

lazzadesilva wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:59 pm ^^^^
You may be right but I’m not too sure about the results. The Swans are a bloody good team and hard to beat. ...
Not quite. They're not a bloody good team, but have four bloody good stars: Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Blakey. Their problem is they have zero good talls. (I'm counting Blakey as a small 'cos he plays small.) That's why they don't kick enough goals. They rely on Heeney, Warner, Gulden to kick at least half of their goals.

Oppo know, you stop those three, you stop the Swans. Don't even need to stop them playing well. Just need to limit H-W-G's scoreboard influence.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I have a question:
Why do some pies fans wring their hands over Jack Ginnivan?
I was a lukewarm fan when he WAS at Collingwood, I never liked his duck first attitude. Or his attitude in general.
He has shown that his issue was less on field ...more off field. By that I mean worry more about what he gets up to when the season ends.
Mark my words Hawks fans, you lord him now...but your off-season of worry is about to start. Particularly if Hawthorn has a 'pat themselves on the back' season finishing say bottom half of the eight.

Watch with interest
Last edited by derkd on Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

piffdog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:19 pmInteresting that Tay Adams seems to be at risk of being dropped from the Swans.
Dumped from the team named tonight. Imagine how it must feel - turning your back on a leadership group role with the reigning premiers only to get dumped from the new team on the eve of the finals. Oh, well.
piffdog
Been liked: 28 times

Post by piffdog »

Pies4shaw wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:30 pmInteresting that Tay Adams seems to be at risk of being dropped from the Swans.
I don't begrudge him leaving - 12 months ago he would have thought he was second behind Mitchell in the middle and likely to be competing against Richards and Harvey Harrison and McCreery etc on that forward role. He also got 2 more years added to the one remaining he had with us. Just goes to show there are no guarantees. If he had stayed, with our injuries he may well have played an important role and helped us into the 8. Sliding doors.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

^
Well upside for Adam’s at least he won’t miss a premiership ring this year like last year (unless Grundy gets injured or dropped and they bring in a AFL standard big man who can mark and kick and ruck)
Adams body was cooked 2 years ago so not surprising he’s been left out he just doesn’t have it anymore like he did in the 2018 GF when he, JDG and Treloar nearly carried the entire team to victory
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^contracted by Sydney to 2026, its clear our list management made the right call there.
While I'm sure he's still capable of getting himself right for half a dozen decent games over 2025, I can't see him playing out the season. I won't be at all surprised if he calls it time before season 2025 starts.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

Ginnivan still doing the rounds “ of pre finals night outs”
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

^And the dipshit media are reporting that "it worked last time", as in last year's grand final, when he barely had any impact whatsoever. Could you imagine if this was us preparing for a final? It really is the worst thing about barracking for the Pies. The double standards and shrill, hyperventilating gasbags in the media make me simply switch off.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

piffdog wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:09 am
Pies4shaw wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:30 pmInteresting that Tay Adams seems to be at risk of being dropped from the Swans.
If he had stayed, with our injuries he may well have played an important role and helped us into the 8. Sliding doors.
Yes, one of those decisions where he was damned either way. He possibly would have played in the GF if he stayed but I’m not certain. Now he has to hope like hell that he’s picked for this year’s GF if the Swans make it.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Say what you like about Ginnivan but he is a natural goalkicker who has x-factor.
Those types of players are hard to find and although he is seemingly a d**khead off the field I was still very disappointed that we offloaded him so cheaply last year.
It’s fair to say that last years trading period was very poor. I expressed it at the time and a year on my concerns have been sadly confirmed.

Let’s hope we don’t screw it up again this year.
- Side By Side -
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Yep. Parting ways with Ginnivan was clearly more our loss than his.

People here can call him a dickhead or whatever, but it’s just sour grapes. He performed very well last night, and I have no doubt Hawks supporters feel pretty happy with how this has eventuated.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Bucks5
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:37 pm Former Collingwood star Adam Treloar has made the AA squad
Congratulations to him and it’s recognition for his fine form across the season playing in his correct position
:D You’re batting 0 for 3, this weekend. Ginnivan, Grundy win and Treloar loses (well, hides in the back pocket, actually).
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Another hard-luck AFL finals story on (Taylor) Adams' agenda

..."And Adams' selection hopes, for both the preliminary final and the ensuing grand final should the Swans progress, may ultimately hinge on the fitness of teammates."
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/anothe ... c-15981586
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️