Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Presti35 »

Reports are getting stronger that Dan Houston wants to play in Victoria. What a pick up he would be. But I cant see the Pies being able to put a satisfying trade together.

In other interesting nitbits today, the Bombers could be looking to trade out Elijah Tsatas AND Ben Hobbs. Are they giving up on both too soon? Hobbs, age 20, was pick 13 in 2021 and has 40 games to his name. Whilst Tsatas, 19 years old, was pick 5 in 2022 and has played 11 games so far. For comparison, our first picks in those drafts were Daicos (2021) and Ed Allan (2022). After Daicos our next pick was Arlo Draper.

Very interesting to hear Essendon are putting a few players out there. But are they really? We know what trading with them is like. Dodoro has very little respect amongst the other recruitment teams.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Hasn't Dododo gone from Essendon?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

Dodoro is a used car salesman...wouldn't trust anything he was flogging. I'd say he's trying to pump up a few names to try and get Brisbane to bite for a Cam Raynor trade before he hits free agency next year. If they win the flag this year then anything is possible.
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

stui magpie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:10 pm Hasn't Dododo gone from Essendon?
Who knows...think his nickname is Machiavelli

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 63be9a17df
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

100% with Qldmagpie who said:
I posted elsewhere why aren’t we going hell bent on Rayner ? Lions have cap pressure plus there bringing in young Ashcroft mk2 and have 3 more academy kids who are top 10/20 picks hitting in next 2 years who are all mid/forwards
Right there should be our selling point. At the lions he’s in a long line. At Collingwood he gets to be a central figure along side brothers Daicos JDG etc
He fits everything we need right now
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Can the player win clearances... that is the bottom line.

Project: Protect Nick
Magpie Russ
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

SLORT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:23 pm Dodoro is a used car salesman...wouldn't trust anything he was flogging. I'd say he's trying to pump up a few names to try and get Brisbane to bite for a Cam Raynor trade before he hits free agency next year. If they win the flag this year then anything is possible.
Dodoro would not have traded Henry or Ginnivan for a 2nd round pick, and would not have given up a 1st and 2nd round pick for Schultz.
He may be a pain in the arse whereas we seem to be walkovers. We need a balance.

Never been convinced by Cam Rayner. Does a few good things but mostly goes missing. Looked at his stats and they are mostly above ave. I may have a bias.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

On news tonight Petraca disenchanted with Dees
& is said to be open to a trade
Thing is he in 1st year of a 5 year contract—all clubs are watching the outcome
Add to that some other players similar not happy (no names)
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

^ I saw that too Baz. And of course, my thoughts go straight to this thread. :lol:

Trac and his family were nutcase Collingwood supporters.

He's going to be 29 in January, and who knows how well he is recovering? Is he the type to play past 33? I dont know. So it sounds to me like the contract is too much of a nightmare to deal with. Unless of course the Dees are paying a massive chunk. He may only have 60-70 games left in him.

All I know is that he would love to play here. And he would put in 100% every time. If only he were a free agent.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

We are into Smith and Keane big time...
COLLINGW09D
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ Keane yes, we are likely to get that deal done.

Smith is a done deal to the Cats, I am not sure why people keep bring his name up, even if we were to tempt him, we have no draft capital.

Quote from fox footy:

"As the season went on however, the Pies have slowly flown out of the race for Smith, with rival birds the Hawks injecting themselves into calculations
."
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
slangman
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

BEAMER09 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:14 pm We are into Smith and Keane big time...
I’d take Keane but for nothing more than a 3rd round pick.
- Side By Side -
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

I’ve seen some of Keane in some Crows matches
Personally on what I’ve seen he wouldn’t be a player I’d chase
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Would love Petracca, but we don't have the draft capital to get him.

We likely get Keane from the Crows. The rumours around Smith have gone cold has others have mentioned already.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

F*#k Petracca. Sick of this "I was a mad Collingwood supporter as a kid" bullshit. If his heart was truly with us he would have tried to get to us the last time he re-signed. Buckley is the last gun that came because he chose us. The rest are just athletes + managers + marketing to try and value add.to their current deals.
He's 29 in January, coming back from a major injury / surgery, and has 4 more years on the top dollar. Some of "us" are complaining that Mitchell at 31 is still on the list. We need someone closer to Naicos' age that will at least be at the top of the game for 4-5 years and not cost us 2 future first picks at minimum in order to bring him in.
Nah, hard pass.