#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

When I queried who has the call on punishment???

If exonerated and home will we set out punishment we deem applicable

And will we have to disclose all facets of engagement with Jordan and get their approval
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
E

Post by E »

think positive wrote:Jordy put himself in position for this to happen, I’d say it was clear by the predrinks video he was off his face. The club stood him down when they heard about serious felony charges. That is a more than fair response. Especially since it seems they were not contacted for several hours. He’s not sacked, he’s still getting paid.

So facts: lot of em! His story, her story, where is the other guys story? Or Dysons story? Any witnesses, CTV, or at least iPhone footage? He got himself some very expensive renown lawyers, I reckon he will walk, and I would not be at all surprised if he paid out a couple of non disclosure contracts. TBH I doubt the truth will ever come out now. Not one everyone agrees on anyway.

I’ve been away a few days, I’m not reading back. For me the club has handled this beautifully. As for DeGoey I have my doubts, there is just too much similar history. I guess time will tell if it’s the making of him or not. Regardless of guilt, you’d think he’s on his last chance.
c'mon TP, my understanding of you formed over the years is that you enjoy a good time as much as the next person. An AFL player getting smashed in New YOrk in the offseason HAS TO BE permitted. They aren't robots. its november, not august!!
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

E wrote:
think positive wrote:Jordy put himself in position for this to happen, I’d say it was clear by the predrinks video he was off his face. The club stood him down when they heard about serious felony charges. That is a more than fair response. Especially since it seems they were not contacted for several hours. He’s not sacked, he’s still getting paid.

So facts: lot of em! His story, her story, where is the other guys story? Or Dysons story? Any witnesses, CTV, or at least iPhone footage? He got himself some very expensive renown lawyers, I reckon he will walk, and I would not be at all surprised if he paid out a couple of non disclosure contracts. TBH I doubt the truth will ever come out now. Not one everyone agrees on anyway.

I’ve been away a few days, I’m not reading back. For me the club has handled this beautifully. As for DeGoey I have my doubts, there is just too much similar history. I guess time will tell if it’s the making of him or not. Regardless of guilt, you’d think he’s on his last chance.
c'mon TP, my understanding of you formed over the years is that you enjoy a good time as much as the next person. An AFL player getting smashed in New YOrk in the offseason HAS TO BE permitted. They aren't robots. its november, not august!!
its not getting smashed that worries me, its smashing someone else. I have a nephew that is always getting into shit, but its never his fault, and while people keep validating that for him, im guessing trouble will keep "finding" him. he comes from the same town as Dyson, and i wouldnt be surprised if hes wearing some of his artwork! looks very familiar! id say its time to get better quality friends, but maybe, just maybe, its the other way around.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

The club has to hold itself to certain values (more so after Do Better). Anyone in the club, especially the players, must uphold those values. Unfortunately I can take my uniform off and no one knows me in public. Jordan and all players don’t get that luxury and are therefore representing the club at all times. Is that unfair? Irreverent, he is compensated handsomely for it. He didn’t uphold those values be-it, assault, harassment or simply being at that establishment when he is there to train (and lucky to do so).
It’s that simple.
As for other clubs etc, you can play the victim card all you want, the above is how the world works now. If you want to roll the dice and play up be it on your own head.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I was on the sack JDG train for a day or so then thought we better wait for all the evidence to come out. Not hearing from Dyson and other witnesses still leaves room for some unearthed stories of the incident though.

If its self defence I could handle that but did he kick the guy while he was on the ground? Idk very sketchy atm.

The best thing that could come out of this is that JDG gets wise from this and surely the club wont have to pay big dollars to keep him on the list from now on until he retires, ( if he makes it that far )
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Haff wrote:The club has to hold itself to certain values (more so after Do Better). Anyone in the club, especially the players, must uphold those values. Unfortunately I can take my uniform off and no one knows me in public. Jordan and all players don’t get that luxury and are therefore representing the club at all times. Is that unfair? Irreverent, he is compensated handsomely for it. He didn’t uphold those values be-it, assault, harassment or simply being at that establishment when he is there to train (and lucky to do so).
It’s that simple.
As for other clubs etc, you can play the victim card all you want, the above is how the world works now. If you want to roll the dice and play up be it on your own head.
this, he can always go play vfl or country football if he needs to be a tool.
how much is he worth?
i loved Heater, but didnt he cost us a pretty big sponsorship?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:AND lest we never forget Dusty and his chopsticks incident, rammed them into a wall next to a womans head in a restaurant, and two Tigers who got into an all in brawl in a nightclub, that Dimma totally defended them.. ? All teams have dickheads at times, but like Dusty , Swannie, they help u win Premierships, and thats the n ame of the game. :o
that really is not relevent, it just shows there is a very crappy culture AFL wide, that will continue with these bad examples.
stui magpie
Has liked: 78 times

Post by stui magpie »

Haff wrote:The club has to hold itself to certain values (more so after Do Better). Anyone in the club, especially the players, must uphold those values. Unfortunately I can take my uniform off and no one knows me in public. Jordan and all players don’t get that luxury and are therefore representing the club at all times. Is that unfair? Irreverent, he is compensated handsomely for it. He didn’t uphold those values be-it, assault, harassment or simply being at that establishment when he is there to train (and lucky to do so).
It’s that simple.
The thing is, he is/was on leave. He's allowed to go to night clubs while on leave as is any other player.

He went there to train, while on holidays. On his own time. Nothing wrong with having a weekend off.

Where he was seriously dumb was letting his reptilian "mate" put photos and videos of him shitfaced up on social media. As far as any alleged assault I'm happy to let that play out in court and the club to decide what penalties to hand down, if any.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

stui magpie wrote:
It’s that simple.
The thing is, he is/was on leave. He's allowed to go to night clubs while on leave as is any other player.

He went there to train, while on holidays. On his own time. Nothing wrong with having a weekend off.

Where he was seriously dumb was letting his reptilian "mate" put photos and videos of him shitfaced up on social media. As far as any alleged assault I'm happy to let that play out in court and the club to decide what penalties to hand down, if any.
Yep - this
End of the day, he has rights.
The decisions on the scale of Consequences dont all sit on one side of the fence. If his story is true, he will have a lot of support.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

stui magpie wrote:
It’s that simple.

Yep, sums it up perfectly for me Stui. Well said I reckon.
E

Post by E »

think positive wrote:
E wrote:

its not getting smashed that worries me, its smashing someone else. I have a nephew that is always getting into shit, but its never his fault, and while people keep validating that for him, im guessing trouble will keep "finding" him. he comes from the same town as Dyson, and i wouldnt be surprised if hes wearing some of his artwork! looks very familiar! id say its time to get better quality friends, but maybe, just maybe, its the other way around.
yep, if an eagle is flying at the same level as a pigeon, he is flying too low. The only bird that should be flying at the level of an eagle, is another eagle (or a magpie!). :wink: :wink:
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

stui magpie wrote:
It’s that simple.

Leave or not leave is irrelevant. Represents the club and its values at all times. Again, he is compensated for it. If he can’t handle that, he doesn’t get the big bucks.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:AND lest we never forget Dusty and his chopsticks incident, rammed them into a wall next to a womans head in a restaurant, and two Tigers who got into an all in brawl in a nightclub, that Dimma totally defended them.. ? All teams have dickheads at times, but like Dusty , Swannie, they help u win Premierships, and thats the n ame of the game. :o
that really is not relevent, it just shows there is a very crappy culture AFL wide, that will continue with these bad examples.

Hmm. not sure bout that T P, bottom line is bad boys and dickheads can really help u win Premierships, aka Dusty, Stevie J, Brereton spring to mind, and of course, Swannie, and Heath Shaw. Yes, its the culture, but like, when we were young, all players had jobs, they worked, now they are all pros, on massive incomes, and you get some young blokes on massive salaries, contracts, not working, or needing to work, and some just go apeshit, thats the way of it, i reckon. :? :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E

Post by E »

Haff wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
It’s that simple.

Leave or not leave is irrelevant. Represents the club and its values at all times. Again, he is compensated for it. If he can’t handle that, he doesn’t get the big bucks.
and if the club isn't prepared to tolerate a player's (reasonable) flaws (and salary demands), they don't get the benefit of his services and sublime talent. If they are too strict on this, they cant complain when the team is terrible as a result. Moral high ground, or success.

Ray Lewis was accused of murder!!! He also delivered a Superbowl to his team by being one of the top three linebackers of all time. when he got off, they didnt take the high road. I mean he was in the car at the time the murder took place!!!

Michael Jordan was managed through a gambling addiction that saw his father randomly murdered on the side of a highway..... sure it was random. I bet Tiger Woods never did anything immoral either......

Kobe Bryant either raped, or did something very disgusting to a young woman in a hotel in Colorado, but was tolerated because he brought the Lakers 5 titles. so when he got off, they didn't take the high road.

Its not so simple to just take the highest moral ground. Clubs need to win, and they need to keep a squeaky clean image. That sometimes means doing clean up and tolerating a reasonable amount of poor behavior so long as its a defendable position.

he represents the club, sure, but the club also needs to put a winning product on the field. the dilemma has always been thus! Thats why shit players get penalized for bad acts and great ones do not.