#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

^I wouldn't read to much into it as I think there is a bit of rotational selection policy that takes place these days to give more players an opportunity to show there worth.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MJ23 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Did Moore play in this game?

No mention of him anywhere.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-31/d ... in-over-wa
No, he played for the Chargers yesterday. Was named in the bests again and kicked a goal...

doesn't sound that great that he wasn't selected for the Vic metro team
That is because of they are Rotating Players so everyone on there List can get a Game
I am Da Man
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ Fair enough, makes some sense.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Moore- effective kicks 5. Ineffective kicks 9, effective hand balls 0, ineffective HBs 2, 1 goal 1 behind, 10 hit outs, 4 contested marks (game high)
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Good stuff from the lad. We just need him to feign a serious long-term injury until the end of the season to reduce his draft value.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Defender wrote:Moore- effective kicks 5. Ineffective kicks 9, effective hand balls 0, ineffective HBs 2, 1 goal 1 behind, 10 hit outs, 4 contested marks (game high)
Sounds like he plays like Travis Cloke.

Also played in the Ruck
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies4shaw wrote:Good stuff from the lad. We just need him to feign a serious long-term injury until the end of the season to reduce his draft value.
Yep.
collingwoodjoe

Post by collingwoodjoe »

So 16 touches, 1 goals 1 behind with 10 hitouts, presumably rotating between ruck and forward, also named in the bests.

199cm kids who can mark the ball at the highest point and iare natural leaders don't grow on trees, he will cost our first round pick, no doubt at all.
go pies!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

collingwoodjoe wrote:So 16 touches, 1 goals 1 behind with 10 hitouts, presumably rotating between ruck and forward, also named in the bests.

199cm kids who can mark the ball at the highest point and iare natural leaders don't grow on trees, he will cost our first round pick, no doubt at all.
and we us looking very Likely making the Finals then we our 1st Rounder be out of the top 10.

You would use that pick on Moore every day of the week and Twice on Sundays
I am Da Man
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

collingwoodjoe wrote:So 16 touches, 1 goals 1 behind with 10 hitouts, presumably rotating between ruck and forward, also named in the bests.

Agree, however collingwood chose to swing this he is going to cost us a first round pick. But hey we have to be pretty happy we have had a heap of top end talent over the past few years. This will just add to the pile. 8)
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Well given that it can be confirmed he's been played as a key defender, forward and ruckman it's safe to say he's versatile.

It probably doesn't help his form at U18 level if he's constantly playing different roles but it helps his long term development and in a few years time we'll really see the benefit of it.

He'll be our first round pick and the club wont blink at having to use it.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

I read an on-line article last week (forget where though) which said Moore would be a definite top 5 pick if the draft were held tomorrow. It also stated that Collingwood would be sure to take him as a first round selection.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Beast

Post by Beast »

First round selections usually dominate under 18's and even then that doesn't always transfer to AFL. Moore's numbers are pretty average to say the least and he'd need to perform significantly better for some time for me to change my mind about his true draft position.

inb4 trustbucksandhineblahblahblah
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Not really true for talls. Look at the bloke who's tipped to potentially go number 1, he's not doing much better. Because talls take longer you can't as certainly translate under age form to the senior level. And you can see even at AFL level, quality talls can have terrible patches (look at Cloke), or can struggle when asked to play multiple roles as Moore has (Dawes). This is why, yes, I'd trust our recruiters and other experts, we simply have nothing like enough information with which to assess Moore's development.
Well done boys!
Beast

Post by Beast »

Thats all good and well but you don't get selected round one on potential.
Talls that are expected to take some time to fully develop always go much later in the draft. Based on his current output round one selection isn't justified, no ifs or buts about it.