#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

35forever

Post by 35forever »

CarringbushCigar wrote:We need him desperately because we are shamefully short on line breakers/courageous runners.
Only 2nd year and has played every week.

Needs more encouragement and work on gaining a yard over summer.

Still bullish on JDG - all heart and lots of smarts.
Much more skillfully encapsulated than I could manage, absolutely correct. Im pretty sure you can still get the NAB games, All doubters should have a look at the skill, particularly in the Geelong game, and leadership as well!

PS: Carringbush: You do realize that was me you beat by 3 stinkin' points in the FF match-up on the weekend, you jammy bastard??!!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

35forever wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:We need him desperately because we are shamefully short on line breakers/courageous runners.

Much more skillfully encapsulated than I could manage, absolutely correct. Im pretty sure you can still get the NAB games, All doubters should have a look at the skill, particularly in the Geelong game, and leadership as well!

PS: Carringbush: You do realize that was me you beat by 3 stinkin' points in the FF match-up on the weekend, you jammy bastard??!!
I did not realise 35F but thanks for letting me know.
Im sitting 2nd on the ladder and have a cushy draw home and a billion trades left.
It was a crucial 4 points, and lucky given I didn't trade as I had intended earlier in the week.
Catch me if u can - I'm favourite to win the Flag for sure !
In Simpson, Out Adams
In Silvagni Out Papley (I think)
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Second year blues
Buon Giorno
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Hasn't even got a RS nom yet has he?

As i said earlier he'll carve out a decent career but using pick 5 on him was a big mistake IMO.

4 top 10 picks in the last 4 years and Hine has stuffed 3 of them up, and was forced to take the other.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Well, they had to use it on someone. Who cares, really? He's better than the plodder we traded for the pick.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
35forever wrote:

I did not realise 35F but thanks for letting me know.
Im sitting 2nd on the ladder and have a cushy draw home and a billion trades left.
It was a crucial 4 points, and lucky given I didn't trade as I had intended earlier in the week.
Catch me if u can - I'm favourite to win the Flag for sure !
In Simpson, Out Adams
In Silvagni Out Papley (I think)
You bastard! that was my last chance to make finals! I'm 13th now and I've got 3 trades left! Basically I'm Collingwood!

I was screwed before Rd.1 anyway. I made my final changes 3 days b4 the deadline, then went back when final teams were announced to make sure everyone was playing. All good.
Then halfway through Rd.1 I popped in to see how I was tracking, and nearly died when I saw my team. It was the first team I'd chucked together, including 8 guys who weren't playing! I was screwed! I wrote to them, tried to call them, sent email, and filled out the help form. Didn't get a single response, and I had a screen grab of my final saved team! Thank god for the AFL Fantasy game.

But yeah, Jordy will be a gun. I think I'll write down the names of all the naysayers when he's in our best 3 or 4 guys in 2017/18
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

The only negative amongst a plethora of positives today.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

It's a concern, but I hope it's "second year blues" more than anything else. Some even suggested he was carrying an injury but I don't know how true that is.

I'm still very confident that he will be great player for us in time.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

King Monkey wrote:The only negative amongst a plethora of positives today.
Watch the game again.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Babylove

Post by Babylove »

Bob Sugar wrote:Hasn't even got a RS nom yet has he?

As i said earlier he'll carve out a decent career but using pick 5 on him was a big mistake IMO.

4 top 10 picks in the last 4 years and Hine has stuffed 3 of them up, and was forced to take the other.
He was nominated for the Rising Star last year and got a vote or two in a race dominated by Cripps and Hogan. He came into this season having played too many games to be eligible for this years Rising Star.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

His last 3 weeks have been poor. At the time of draft I couldn't work out why we picked a midfielder (despite the Moore F/son pick) and didn't go with Two meter Peter Wright. The 2014 draft with the extra Beams pick was always going to be our last top 5 pick for a long period of time.

Good tall forwards just aren't available very often. Imagine Darcy Moore and Peter Wright in the Forward line for the next decade!!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum

Post by 5150 »

Another stinker, would be dropped like a red hot pie if there were anyone left to bring in.

Hoping its 2nd year blues as opposed to being just a plodder.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Even in just his 2nd year you would expect a bit more polish. Will probably be a very good player. But you want to be getting A graders out of your top 5 picks. Let's see how he develops.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

OK, I will be getting A graders out of your top 5 picks.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Effort is there but clearly out of sorts. No doubt he'll come good but time for a run in the magoos.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.