Pre-Prelim. Magpies v. Giants. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

90 nice wrote:Umps:

Rosebury umpired our 2010 gf win along with the 2018 prelim win.

So he has got a good hand on it.
Rosebury also umpired our Prelim last year against the Swans. You know, the one where Papley wasn't penalised for pushing Darcy in the back...
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Happy with team selection.
I think it is what the majority expected and wanted. Noble just has to wait out another week, because he could well get the call up next week ( assuming we win).
Some thought Lippa was vulnerable, but I think the loss of Tay made certain that Lippa would be retained rather than Noble selected.
This is one of the strongest teams we have ever fielded: we have 21 of our clear top 22 available.
We are well rested, and we are primed. This is not conjecture. This is what the entire season has shown us: we know how to get into the right headspace at the meaningful times. Just like against the Dees, we will start this game with pressure gauges spiralling through the roof.
Nerves jangling.
But massive belief.
Go Pies!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

My gut says there is not one way we have to win this. They can get a start, hit us hard and we grind them down. We can run over them the last qtr. we can lead from start to finish.

I think we will hit them hard and assuming we convert, take a handy lead into qtr time. If that doesn’t happen, I will not be too concerned.

Let the rest of the world hate on us. Let them forget why we finished top. Let them clearly forget the gears the pies have and how better prepared we are than every other team for every scenario. I’m confident that we bring our a game tomorrow night and that is far too much for GWS. Then we bring it again against a better side at their bogey venue. I’m in a very good place re our chances.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Magpietothemax wrote:Happy with team selection...
Some thought Lippa was vulnerable, but I think the loss of Tay made certain that Lippa would be retained rather than Noble selecte!
Have to disagree here, lipinski is an important cog used as link between midfield and forwards. Time and again he finds a target to a man who runs onto it. Often results in a goal. Lippa is an important role player similar to Adam Treloar used to play. He is a bit down on confidence since his injury but you watch him as we get to the GF, he will give all. He is a regular important player in our structure. To think of leaving him out would be folly.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:Happy with team selection...
Some thought Lippa was vulnerable, but I think the loss of Tay made certain that Lippa would be retained rather than Noble selecte!
Have to disagree here, lipinski is an important cog used as link between midfield and forwards. Time and again he finds a target to a man who runs onto it. Often results in a goal. Lippa is an important role player similar to Adam Treloar used to play. He is a bit down on confidence since his injury but you watch him as we get to the GF, he will give all. He is a regular important player in our structure. To think of leaving him out would be folly.
Please read my comment again TS. I am simply saying that there were several Collingwood supporters (I think from memory a few here, but also I have seen elsewhere) who thought that Lippa should make way for Noble. I was simply expressing my agreement with those who believed that Lippa should definitely play.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins