#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:It's quite clear that no matter what happens legally, it seems plenty of so called Collingwood 'supporters' have already found him guilty and will never be convinced otherwise.
stick your ' ' where the sun dont shine! he is certainly guilty of being a dickhead, as the post above describes, enough is enough he should not have put himself in this position in the first place. its not hard, dont get drunk and act like a tool, where is the brain surgery in that?
But without dickheads we'd be currently in a Premiership drought of 63 years and counting!!!

Even the clubs vice captain was guilty of being a drunken idiot last year and yet he wasn't sacked.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

JDG is not in the dickhead class of Aaron James or Phil Carman and others. Yet. Let’s be thankful for small mercies! He could be much worse
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ How many actual crimes was Carman charged with? Your comparison is disturbing and offensive.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ How many actual crimes was Carman charged with? Your comparison is disturbing and offensive.
Assault of an umpire
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

That was just a suspension. I repeat that talking about Carman in the same breath as De Goey and James is deeply offensive. It should be possible to defend De Goey without defaming other people with drive-by insults.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Now it's just getting ridiculous. You can't even compare what Phil Carmen did to what Aaron James did, let alone try to link it to what happened to Jordan De Goey at a New York night club.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Big T »

Gee there is some holier than thou mofos on this site.
Buon Giorno
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Oh, well excuuuse me for thinking someone with a history of similar problems who appeared to be on the brink of a breakthrough should make an effort to avoid putting himself and the club right back in the exact situation they both just escaped from. Shouldn’t even need to mention in a contract year and under a new coach.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

But but but, he’s just being a lad!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Presti35 »

Word is he's going to be on an upcoming episode of Border Security. Will he go to the slammer? Tune in to find out.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Big T wrote:Gee there is some holier than thou mofos on this site.
Too right !

Off season, a single mid 20's guy lives it up, and gets into an >altercation. Put himself in a situation he could have avoided.

Unfortunately, not everybody is mother Theresa.

Wasn't there a supporter uproar when MM wanted to recruit good characters ?

Moral of the story... The more things change, the more things remain the same.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Too right !

Off season, a single mid 20's guy lives it up, and gets into an >altercation. Put himself in a situation he could have avoided.

I have highlighted the relevant part for you

It should say “again” at the end

Mother Teresa was an evil bitch who let sick people suffer then ignored her own standards when she got sick herself. So not saying JDG is as bad as her
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Wasn't there a supporter uproar when MM wanted to recruit good characters?
No. There was no "uproar". Some people felt it might exclude some talent, others felt it worked well for Sydney.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Too right !

I have highlighted the relevant part for you

It should say “again” at the end

Mother Teresa was an evil bitch who let sick people suffer then ignored her own standards when she got sick herself. So not saying JDG is as bad as her
Pretty circular discussion but seriously, you're suggesting he shouldn't go to a nightclub? A young, buffed, cashed up bloke on holidays? His own time. He even paid to get an exclusive roped off area, Away from potential trouble. Now he's responsible for some morons encroaching into that area to (allegedly) steal his grog?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

What I’m suggesting is that flying 5 hours to the other side of the country, getting high AF, having videos of himself in said condition, which were inevitably posted on social media, getting in a fight at a nightclub and having a “mate” who sounds like a bad influence/troublemaker and apparently without any minders/security is all not the way to avoid trouble. And I am further suggesting that someone who has been in as much trouble as JDG should try to avoid further trouble, yes. I would also add that wearing a bathrobe to a nightclub just screams Have a go at me, I’m a bogan idiot but maybe I’m just an old fuddy duddy and that’s how the kids roll these days

Did I mention in a contract year and under a new coach?

I’m sure if you’re a young, buffed, cashed up bloke you wouldn’t have much trouble arranging a private party in LA where there aren’t random people attempting to steal your bourbon (which I highly doubt is what really happened but of course have no more way of knowing than you)

Cashed up people who aren’t complete **** pay other people to assault people who attempt to steal their shit. They don’t do it themselves, because then they wind up in jail