Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:45 pm
piedys wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:53 amBut Rachele, Schultz, Elliott AND Hill in same F50 may not gel; one small too many?
Elliott is 32, so 2025 may be his last year. If he were available, 100% go for it.
Correct on Elliott re age, and his battered frame just about being kaput.
But pretty sure Rachele was an early pick, which we are no hope to offer any such compensation to Crows for, as things stand in 2024.
As he is also thick as thieves with Saligo, I doubt he will depart Crows. I expect this to be simply another media beat up over a late season disciplinary omission.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well I guess it's true that just because you've been omitted, it doesn't mean you're getting traded. But it always comes to mind when a good player is dropped.

That could be said for Rachele or Lukosius.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Joshua Schache just been delisted.

Anyone?
....Anyone??
........Anyone???
:D
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Noble has requested a trade to Gold Coast, what the heck!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:04 am Joshua Schache just been delisted.
........Anyone???
@Presti35
by Presti35 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm
Presti35 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm
swoop42 wrote:Pick 6,36 for Schache 18,41.

Get it done.

Honestly if we let him slip to Richmond or Carlton Swoop is going to get upset.
It's funny because didn't we swap picks 41 and 36 with them already? :lol:

What I don't like about this lad, is that he walked out on a Grand Final. Sure, it's NEAFL. But it's still a Grand Final. And still something to be proud of. What is one more week away from home when you can be a part of a Premiership?

And then you look at Tippett in the same match not giving a fk when the team lost.

Is his heart really in it? Or have Brisbane just ruined any development for him?
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Ok... hear me out...

Noble goes to the Suns. Is Nick Hind a good quick fix replacement? A DFA/Free hit. Is 30, but still has pace and can win the ball. Chases and tackles too. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... _Hind.html

Regarding the trade, could we somehow go for Lukosious? Otherwise, Suns have picks 6, 13, and 20. Im not sure if we'll be able to ask for one of those, but they did give up picks last year and are expected to give up 6 for Dan Rioli.

The twins we're looking at are expected to go arouns pick 18-22?
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

So #32 + Noble = #20?
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:24 am Ok... hear me out...

Noble goes to the Suns. Is Nick Hind a good quick fix replacement?
Nick Hind???? Are you serious? Turnover king and 30. NO.
Jatsad - That is all
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:04 am Joshua Schache just been delisted.
........Anyone???
Wasn't going to waste my time replying to this but can't help myself.
He is afraid of sunlight.
Failed at all his previous clubs and can't get a game as a forward for the dees who are crying out for one.
Jatsad - That is all
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Any interest in Schache needs to be via sweat over the summer as a train-on and potentially a single year SSP deal on minimum wage. Even then I am not that excited about it...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hell no to Schache. Just no. Scared of his own shadow. We may as well get “hated the hard stuff” Tony Armstrong back to win the “Bruise Free Player of the Year” award.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

@Pies2016 Have you had any history or insight into Adelaide's Sam Berry? He's out of contract and I reckon he'd be a great replacement to incumbent Mithell. He's as hard as a Cats head in the Taylor Adams style and the type of distributor we have a deficiency in should Mitchell end up spending more time in the casualty ward.
https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/sam-berry/

With former #2 draft pick Lukosius wanting to go back to Adelaide, might the Noble trade be part of a 3 Club deal?
Noble and our F2nd to Suns, we get Keane and Berry. Adelaide get their man and a pick from GCS.
Crows would need to give their 1st rounder to GCS, but I reckon we might be involved one way or another.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

^^ no need for 3 x clubs in the trade to get Keane. A straight swap for Ash Johnson!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:07 pm Hell no to Schache. Just no. Scared of his own shadow. We may as well get “hated the hard stuff” Tony Armstrong back to win the “Bruise Free Player of the Year” award.
Lacks any physicality when going for the ball. Hell NO.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

LaurieHolden wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:18 pm @Pies2016 Have you had any history or insight into Adelaide's Sam Berry? He's out of contract and I reckon he'd be a great replacement to incumbent Mithell. He's as hard as a Cats head in the Taylor Adams style and the type of distributor we have a deficiency in should Mitchell end up spending more time in the casualty ward.
https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/sam-berry/

With former #2 draft pick Lukosius wanting to go back to Adelaide, might the Noble trade be part of a 3 Club deal?
Noble and our F2nd to Suns, we get Keane and Berry. Adelaide gets their man and a pick from GCS.
Crows would need to give their 1st rounder to GCS, but I reckon we might be involved one way or another.
Hi @LaurieHolden, I agree that type of player is exactly what we’re looking for. Anyone who can makes Nicks life easier for the next few years is very welcome. The question becomes, is Berry that exact player. I like him but he comes with a few rough edges and he’s a bit undisciplined at times.
Whenever a club considers these “worker bee “types, the first thing they will talk about is where is the growth in this player. How much improvement has he got because if he doesn’t improve, playing seniors every week could pass him by pretty quickly. This is where us supporters are relying on the club to get their diligence right. He’s the perfect demographic age group and even better, he remains unsigned and fills an almost immediate need (assuming neither Allan or MacRae improve exponentially in the off season)
I speak to the Nankervis family a bit (Luke is at the Crows and is a former Sandy Dragon) and Luke reckons he’s a great teammate and one of their best track workers. That helps. If the club reckons he can be better in a new environment, then I would see him as a welcome addition.

Re your trade scenario, the moment we trade out an F2, we can’t trade out our F1 (but you can still trade your F3) I’m not sure the club wants to put itself in that position early in the piece because it would jeopardise doing anything big later in the trade period. The Suns don’t play hard ball with trades involving draft picks, so I think I would prefer to aim for their #20 or 26 for Noble and a 2024 later pick. Treat that trade separately, get the deal done EARLY and then see how the rest of the trade period unfolds with that decent 2024 Suns pick and our F1 pick up our sleeve, if needed.
I couldn't believe our luck that we already have clubs wanting to do deals for a couple depth players. I'm not knocking these guys, but you can’t improve your draft or trade positions unless you have something somebody else wants and that’s exactly what’s happened six weeks before the trade period even starts.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “