#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It's interesting, isn't it? McRae's reported statement that "It's a little bit premature to say whether he'll be back here training and the like" could be the example given in a text-book definition of "coy".

Watching the interview on the Club website, he was asked,
"Craig - a bit to play out with Jordan De Goey, obviously, but are you expecting that he'll feature for your side in the future?"

His answer was
"Oh, time will tell on that. There's a bit to play out. It's a little bit premature to say whether he'll be back here training and the like."
To be clear, that's the first time JDG is mentioned - the question was not, eg, asked in the context of JDG coming back shortly from the US and whether he'll be back on the training track soon - the context was "in the future", generally.

And a little later,
"Is he welcome here?"
The answer was (and, to be clear, McRae started by repeating the question)
"Is he welcome here? Well, I think that at the moment I'm making sure that when the opportunity presents - if the opportunity presents - that Jordy will feel that I've - he's well supported and ...."
On a fair summary, McRae declined to say whether he expects De Goey to "feature in your team in the future" and declined to say that De Goey is (or even will be, at some unspecified time in the future) welcome at Collingwood.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

i like that, even if hes found not guilty there are battle lines drawn! well played mcCrae!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
E wrote:The difference in the reporting in the above 2 articles is staggering but they essentially say the same thing.

However, one is a sensationalized piece of bullshit and the other is factual, sensible reporting that actually quotes what the coach say (and lets the words tell you how the coach is feeling rather than sensationalized bullshit like "coy") and updates the facts about the case to include all of the facts now known (instead of still reporting that erroneous sex charges were immediately dropped).

I hate the fact that people form views based on the irresponsible biased brand of the reporting from ABC. You cant argue that any of the statements are untrue per se, but they really do try very hard to lead you to the wrong conclusion. No wonder some of you over-reacted to this story. i blame the press. assholes!
Geez, are you sure you aren't the one overreacting? "Coy" is not exactly a sensationalist word? The definition of Coy is "reluctant to give details about something regarded as sensitive". I watched the interview and that is exactly what he sounded like...
Exactly. Christ if you want to talk about accuracy, the Foxtel article title was 'De Goey return plans revealed as new Pies coach opens up on star’s court case'. No return plans were revealed beyond he'll probably be back before the court case, and the coach didn't 'open up' on the court case at all.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

He is guilty - guilty of behaving in a manner in public that brings the reputation of the Club into disrepute. Again.

He made the choice not to walk away.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

think positive wrote:i like that, even if hes found not guilty there are battle lines drawn! well played mcCrae!
Battle lines drawn?? Where???

All the coach said was there's still a lot to play out/ too soon to say etc etc and at present, he just wants to ensure the person feels supported.

I find it mystifying how you can manufacture "battle lines" out of that!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Not a parent hey!
stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by stui magpie »

JDG will be playing for Collingwood in 2022 and beyond and will play in at least one premiership side. Bookmark it. 8)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Whether JDG plays in 2022 and beyond and wins a premiership medal is up to JDG, not the coach or anybody else at the club.
AJ

Post by AJ »

Meanwhile two Richmond players who engaged in far worse were supported by the club.

Wight is proving himself to be nothing but a mercenary.
think positive

Post by think positive »

wright maybe???

mate the club has not even said what they intend!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies2016 »

AJ wrote:Meanwhile two Richmond players who engaged in far worse were supported by the club.

Wight is proving himself to be nothing but a mercenary.
And that worked a treat. Coleman - Jones left them for a better contract and they didn’t make finals for the first time in four years.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

AJ wrote:W(r)ight is proving himself to be nothing but a mercenary.
Not sure that word means what you think it does, but if he’s applying discipline and holding players to their commitments, then good
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

AJ wrote: Wight is proving himself to be nothing but a mercenary.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Missed the 7 news hatchet job just now, is JDG in trouble again?