#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:Obviously none of us know what went down at 2.30 am in that NY nightclub, but someone I know who is close to the club reckons that the other couple involved in the 'melee' were ejected from the club as a result of the incident. Also, the guy was hit on the lip with a plastic cup, which is why there were no injuries. Once ejected from the club they rang the cops and claimed they'd been assaulted, whereupon JDG and his off-sider were arrested and charged.
This all may or may not be true, but if close to the truth, then our boy may well have been badly treated by the media. None of this excuses being clearly off his face at 2.30 am and putting himself in a situation where trouble is on the cards.

If it is close to the truth, then he may well feel aggrieved at being stood down from the club. I just hope that when the dust settles on all of this that McRae can develop a good relationship with Jordy and bring him back into the fold. I'll be spewing if Jordy ends up playing elsewhere in 2023.

As I've said previously, he is a dickhead, but he's our dickhead.
I thought the fact that the other couple were ejected and Jordy and his mate allowed to stay was a matter of public record.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

BazBoy wrote:And on the ABC Breakfast they had a very good sport presenter Paul Kennedy
only to be replaced by Tony Armstrong (ex Pie)

Think it’s the equal opportunity for First Nation people
Actually, the changes relate to the fact that both Kennedy and Armstrong received internal promotions on the ABC this year. That is because they are both good sports commentators. There are aspects of the ABC coverage of the De Goey incident that I would question, but not anything said by either PK or Tony Armstrong.
Born and raised in Black and White
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

RudeBoy wrote:This all may or may not be true, but if close to the truth, then our boy may well have been badly treated by the media. None of this excuses being clearly off his face at 2.30 am and putting himself in a situation where trouble is on the cards.
One leads to the other unfortunately. Has form as we all know

Hopefully the penny finally drops and we reap the benefits, not some other club

Should probably still be his last chance with us though
E

Post by E »

Has he been cleared of all charges yet David?
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It simply isn't accurate to say the "the media has made no efforts to correct the initial reports." Every report I have read since the charge was withdrawn has been careful to make the point that the pertinent charge has been withdrawn. As recently as yesterday, the ABC reported on De Goey and was at pains to state clearly that that charge had been withdrawn. The media can't, of course, make people read their follow up reports.
AJ

Post by AJ »

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Fishing expedition!

Clearly he is no victim! Maybe just maybe if he didn’t have such a long list of similar incidents to his name, he might not have been stood down! The club have done everything right. If he’s found guilty and the club took no action the club would get slammed! They have not come out and bagged him, just said they are waiting and fair enough too.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Bit churlish by the Club, but i guess he has to shape up now, NO more transgressions, pull up his socks, knuckle down, and get with it, its not rocket science, pull his head in, wake up, this is it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:Bit churlish by the Club, but i guess he has to shape up now, NO more transgressions, pull up his socks, knuckle down, and get with it, its not rocket science, pull his head in, wake up, this is it.
Yep, I feel that "churlish" is a good descriptor. The club has and continues to publicly humiliate and ostracize him by banning him from his workplace. It's totally unnecessary and is now just over kill. IMHO, they are behaving like corporate management bullies.

McRae has said he is all about fostering positive and nurturing relationships. Can't see this humiliating, punitive, degrading approach being in line with that myself ( although the coach may already be being co-erced into going against his ideals by those who have power over him). Furthermore, it could end up being totally unproductive for both club and player. If Jordy ever returns to the fold, it'd be expected of course that he give his all and play like a raging bull. Yet how will he be able to adopt that mind set after being publically shamed and thrown into the outer?

At least, according to Pendles, many of his team mates have continued to give their private support to JDG, so thankfully the players don't seem to have forgotten what our club was once all about - side by side and sticking together.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Humiliate? Ostracise? What are you guys talking about? The club said that the suspension would last until the outcome of the case was known. What new factor has emerged for the club to change its policy and "relax" its stance? It seems to be unlikely that there will be a conviction but how inept would the club look if it relaxed its stance now and then there was a conviction!

The outcome of the case should become known on Wednesday. Couldn't JDG wait until then? Did his manager have to announce that JDG was disappointed? The club and the supporters are disappointed that JDG put himself in this position. Publicly getting drunk and parading around in a dressing gown is a sign of what? JDG's current "disappointment" makes me wonder if he really understands how dumb his behaviour was. What does he expect from the club; roses and chocolates?
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Harrysz wrote:Humiliate? Ostracise? What are you guys talking about? The club said that the suspension would last until the outcome of the case was known. What new factor has emerged for the club to change its policy and "relax" its stance? It seems to be unlikely that there will be a conviction but how inept would the club look if it relaxed its stance now and then there was a conviction!

The outcome of the case should become known on Wednesday. Couldn't JDG wait until then? Did his manager have to announce that JDG was disappointed? The club and the supporters are disappointed that JDG put himself in this position. Publicly getting drunk and parading around in a dressing gown is a sign of what? JDG's current "disappointment" makes me wonder if he really understands how dumb his behavior was. What does he expect from the club; roses and chocolates?
Concur - possibly won't know result till Thursday our time.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

think positive wrote:Fishing expedition!

Clearly he is no victim! Maybe just maybe if he didn’t have such a long list of similar incidents to his name, he might not have been stood down! The club have done everything right. If he’s found guilty and the club took no action the club would get slammed! They have not come out and bagged him, just said they are waiting and fair enough too.
He’s a victim of his own stupid behavior and he has to learn. Despite the groping charge against the woman being withdrawn we have to adopt a zero tolerance towards abuses against women in the general community, football being part of that. It’s bad enough we get this sort of bad behavior in the parliament. It has to stop and if football is at the forefront as an example to the rest of community that disrespectful behavior against women won’t be tolerated in any form and if it means certain footballers who don’t get the message are sacrificed to the game of football, then so be it.