The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Scott is a little like Monty Python's Black Knight.

He fluked a premiership in his first season and has been choking it up in finals ever since. I think any discussion of him being "COTY" must await seeing whether his team falls over hopelessly in September, yet again - even if they don't, there's an award for premiership coach - coach of the year should be an award for the person who shows the best return with what they've got. 21 finals for 15 losses is scarcely the work of a coach of the year.

Otherwise, do we think that our coach might make reasonable use of Hawkins, Jeremy Cameron and Stengle?
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Big T wrote:It's an opinion. Scott has done a tremendous job.
Being a Collingwood supporter & giving that club & that p.rick any kudos is just plainly wrong.
Take away their easy ‘home games’ and they’re back with the rest of the pack. Only reason they play at ghmba is money.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Caro please retire.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

chuckcrowley wrote:I think it's just a subjective opinion
I prefer an objective opinion that is valued. Subjective opinions are like arseholes………………………
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

^ objective, subjective it’s still just a personal opinion from someone who hates Collingwood. That’s all.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

That show is knowen for anti Pie feeling there Caro and that Red headed young chap too not too sure on his name.Sam McClure never says a good thing about us either.
On the footy show on sunday am its that Cornes also.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Caroline Wilson has been voted AFL Journalist of the Year more than once.

She often writes very incisive articles on the inner workings of the AFL which shine a light on some of the 'darker' aspects of our code's management from Head Office.

I don't always agree with her writings, but she always makes me think and consider another's point of view and that can't be a bad thing, can it??

In terms of who has had the better year as Coach, would this even be a discussion point had we not blown a 39 point lead against the Cats (we would be one game clear if we had held on during that game...)

Both excellent coaches- McRae has been wonderful but plaudits for the transformation of Geelong that Scott has overseen...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Fly as he generally over saw the fastest re build in history.

But its aint done till we get that premiership cup in our hands though.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's a TV show guys. Caro is paid to stir the pot. After all she has succeeded now in getting Pies fans talking about her and her show. :roll:
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

warburton lad wrote:Caroline Wilson has been voted AFL Journalist of the Year more than once.

She often writes very incisive articles on the inner workings of the AFL which shine a light on some of the 'darker' aspects of our code's management from Head Office.

I don't always agree with her writings, but she always makes me think and consider another's point of view and that can't be a bad thing, can it??

In terms of who has had the better year as Coach, would this even be a discussion point had we not blown a 39 point lead against the Cats (we would be one game clear if we had held on during that game...)

Both excellent coaches- McRae has been wonderful but plaudits for the transformation of Geelong that Scott has overseen...

Yeh sure, a team of bloody geriatric champions that are on their last absolute gasp for a flag, thats Scotty, on his last final ride. Hutchy whom i dont much agree with, told Caro in no uncertain terms, that she uses rumours, innuendo, sucttlebutt, and who told who gossip, to often fuel her columns, and she went ballistic, denying that vehmently. But Hutchy hit a raw nerve, and she could not hack it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

scoobydoo wrote:
Big T wrote:It's an opinion. Scott has done a tremendous job.
Being a Collingwood supporter & giving that club & that p.rick any kudos is just plainly wrong.
Take away their easy ‘home games’ and they’re back with the rest of the pack. Only reason they play at ghmba is money.
They are smart. They kept their home ground. Well run club. Kudos to them.
Buon Giorno
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Caro drops another clanger, on Coach of the Year.

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

Piesnchess wrote:Here she goes again. Despite numerous footy commentators, many of them ex players like Matty Lloyd, choosing Fly as coach of the year, by far, Caro puts her oar in an says hes second, to Scott of Geelong. Like WTF ?? Scott and the Cats made the Prelim Final last yr, and have made finals for years now, on end. McCrae, took over a side that finished 17th last season, and barely missed the wooden spoon. He has taken that side, to now 3rd on the Ladder, with ten straight wins, we have come from nowhere, unlike the old cats, who were firmly in the Finals last season.

She even had the termerity to take issue with Matty Lloyd and interjected when he chose Fly, by a mile , he said. Sometimes her disdain and hatred of all things Collingwood, surprises even me. :o :x
Of course she interjected, cannot watch Footy Classified if she is on it, her go to is to talk over the top of anyone who goes against the AFL party line she is paid to push.
Go Pies
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Might I suggest any bias that is perceived by Caro is only matched by the tone of these posts. FFS, get some objectivity into your viewpoints.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

LaurieHolden wrote:Might I suggest any bias that is perceived by Caro is only matched by the tone of these posts. FFS, get some objectivity into your viewpoints.
I get your point and I'm not singling you out.

But honestly, WTF, last time I looked this was a Collingwood Forum, you're asking people to be objective. Not what I expect and respectfully not what I come here for.
Go Pies!