#3 Daniel Wells

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Deja Vu wrote:De Gooey not doing it for ya?
Nein.Nyet.No.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Stevo75 wrote:WOW! Sitting at work and nearly choked on my lunch. Why are some people so negative when they are supposed to be supporters? People like whatsinaname are killing this board and I suspect the reason why so many people have left or don't post anymore. So if Wells broke a collar bone would that be the coaches fault too? Go and get a hobby or drag yourself down to Punt Road and mingle with like minded people there.
wow, way to overreact.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:Talking to a closed mind mt, get more response from a brick wall m8
That's self evident.

Anyway I think it's great that Wellsy is coming to Collingwood, but feel a little sad that many posters here have no concept of humour.
in what universe could your eternal negative rants and biased opinions be interpreted as some form of humour?
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

CarringbushCigar wrote: Yes of course, nothing to do with 600k for 3.
I was shocked at that.

I'd rather us have paid him $200K over 8 years, play him for 2 years and then absorb the $200K per year over the remaining 6 years - it's not that much compared to TPP. That would make sure we're no locking up too much on one very old player.
Stevo75

Post by Stevo75 »

No overreaction going on here. Your clear disdain for the club and everything it stands for is disgraceful. Look at your signature FFS. Seriously go and smoke some cigars with that other flog! No one wants to hear your rubbish.
melliot

Post by melliot »

What'sinaname wrote:
I was shocked at that.

I'd rather us have paid him $200K over 8 years, play him for 2 years and then absorb the $200K per year over the remaining 6 years - it's not that much compared to TPP. That would make sure we're no locking up too much on one very old player.
Glad you not managing the TPP.

WE have cap room in the short term. Paying overs now (short term), doesn't hurt the list. In the long term, I'd hope the likes of Degoey, Moore, Shaz, Broomy, Adams, etc are all demanding big increases because of their great performances and team success. By then Wells will have retired.
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote: You are kidding aren't you?
I thought his was an english speaking bulletin board !
No, Mr Cigar. I'll give you the quiet tip, if you and all your mates on this site were right about Bucks, then I would intuitively suggest these players would not be coming to Collingwood to play. Players talk to players, friends talk to friends and if it was as bad as you think, then the players would be steering well clear of the Pies.
Yes of course, nothing to do with 600k for 3.
1. He had an offer of 2 years at $500k per year from North.
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.
Last edited by mooretreloar on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm not sure if this still applies, but I think a player his age has only half his salary credited against the salary cap, which makes it easier to pay top dollar for older players.
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

RudeBoy wrote:I'm not sure if this still applies, but I think a player his age has only half his salary credited against the salary cap, which makes it easier to pay top dollar for older players.
Unfortunately, no RudeBoy, has to be continuous service at the one club to qualify for the veterans list and the salary cap relief.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: No, Mr Cigar. I'll give you the quiet tip, if you and all your mates on this site were right about Bucks, then I would intuitively suggest these players would not be coming to Collingwood to play. Players talk to players, friends talk to friends and if it was as bad as you think, then the players would be steering well clear of the Pies.
Yes of course, nothing to do with 600k for 3.
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.
That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.
From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:Talking to a closed mind mt, get more response from a brick wall m8
That's self evident.

Anyway I think it's great that Wellsy is coming to Collingwood, but feel a little sad that many posters here have no concept of humour.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

2. Don't believe everything that journalists write
From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.
MT and DD - I suggest you both tell McMurphy and The Chief to return the bus and go home.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

3rd degree wrote:Welcome Wellsy! Good to have some class stay fit mate.
YES ! Welcome to the Woods Daniel, may you feature prominently in our next Finals campaign ! :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write
MT and DD - I suggest you both tell McMurphy and The Chief to return the bus and go home.
Damien Barrett had Harvey playing with us, apparently this isn't true seeing he retired.

You believe what you want to believe about the money, not going to try and convince you otherwise.