#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Not sure about the kid.
Definitely a great kick.
Seems a bit soft.
It will be a while until I make up my mind on this one.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Raw Hammer wrote:See my posts from last year re WHE when it was rumoured he was coming to Pieland. I said the kid's s jet and one of my 'undersold' faves from interstate. This ain't a surprise. He was a high flying gun before injuries took over and he became s forgotten man. You gotta expect some 'soft' play when you're built like that, so take this with a grain of salt. I'd rather he kept his body right than be Taylor Adams Mark II.
Very Well Said. Rather him get the Ball where he can use it well and not head over the ball All the Time
I am Da Man
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Speaking of my interstate wish list, everyone who knows my posts knows I'm a front and centre man. I wanted us to grab Josh Green cheaply from Brisbane, but my no.1 target was BRANDON MATERA from Gold Coast. A few lean disenfranchised seasons by the annoying flop king so I thought he was gettable. He just kicked 6.0 from 19 touches in his first game of the season, vs Hawthorn. Fingers crossed Daicos works out for us.
Est. 2002
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Raw Hammer wrote:Speaking of my interstate wish list, everyone who knows my posts knows I'm a front and centre man. I wanted us to grab Josh Green cheaply from Brisbane, but my no.1 target was BRANDON MATERA from Gold Coast. A few lean disenfranchised seasons by the annoying flop king so I thought he was gettable. He just kicked 6.0 from 19 touches in his first game of the season, vs Hawthorn. Fingers crossed Daicos works out for us.
RH, Green is a talentless, waddling wombat. The novelty will wear off soon.
I had Matera on equal pegging with Blair as the worst player in the AFL.
He might have saved his career tonight.

I hope our biggest problem come May, is how to stop Elliott, Fasolo and Daicos stealing goals off each other.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Raw Hammer

Post by Raw Hammer »

I wanted green cos he would've cost nothing.

MATERA equal pegging to Blair? Yikes. The guy is a genuine goal kicking forward. Not a mid slash forward slash pressure player. A genuine goal kicker. Man we overrate our own. Equal pegging to Blair indeed.
Est. 2002
Raw Hammer

Post by Raw Hammer »

How's the worst player in the AFL, Matera going this week? Just a lazy 3.1 from 29 touches to follow up his 6.0 haul last week. Clearly Jarryd Blair numbers...
Est. 2002
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

What's with Hoskin-Elliott?

Post by RudeBoy »

Given our decimated forward line, we need a few players to step up and fill the breach, none more than Will Hoskin-Elliott imo. The kid is very fast, can take a screamer and is a very good kick, yet for some reason he just doesn't seem to do enough.

I was rapt we recruited him last year, but so far this year I've been terribly disappointed in his performances, particularly as the MCG is the perfect platform for him to display his wares. In particular, he needs to impact the scoreboard more.
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

I think hes been very good Rudie. More than serviceable imo. Maybe dosnt impact a game as much as we like yet. But i think he played every game last season and has been a good recruit. Where would you like him to play. More fwd might be damaging?
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: What's with Hoskin-Elliott?

Post by Skids »

RudeBoy wrote:Given our decimated forward line, we need a few players to step up and fill the breach, none more than Will Hoskin-Elliott imo. The kid is very fast, can take a screamer and is a very good kick, yet for some reason he just doesn't seem to do enough.

I was rapt we recruited him last year, but so far this year I've been terribly disappointed in his performances, particularly as the MCG is the perfect platform for him to display his wares. In particular, he needs to impact the scoreboard more.
I was thinking the same yesterday. Was one I hoped would step it up in the 2nd half yesterday and snag a few goals for us.
Just looks a little out of touch, hopefully he turns that around against the filth.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Raw Hammer

Post by Raw Hammer »

When there are average players around you, it's hard to either get the pill or look good doing something with it when the next link stuffs up.

Case in point Pendles. He still has Matrix-like abilities, but no one runs to the right positions to accept his hand balls.

I feel WHE is the same.

He's look great in Port's or Hawthorn's forward line.

However, that being said, he needs to find a way to influence games more.
Est. 2002
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Way Too Outside Player.

Relys other to get him the Ball.

He could be a Match Winner IF he can get 25+ Touches.

Just about out Only Classy Ball User we have
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

skaman wrote:I think hes been very good Rudie. More than serviceable imo. Maybe dosnt impact a game as much as we like yet. But i think he played every game last season and has been a good recruit. Where would you like him to play. More fwd might be damaging?
11 disposals is not enough for a player of his talent.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:
skaman wrote:I think hes been very good Rudie. More than serviceable imo. Maybe dosnt impact a game as much as we like yet. But i think he played every game last season and has been a good recruit. Where would you like him to play. More fwd might be damaging?
11 disposals is not enough for a player of his talent.
and He is they Type that could of got us over the Line Yesterday
I am Da Man
Jpies

Post by Jpies »

RudeBoy wrote: 11 disposals is not enough for a player of his talent.
Exactly. I understand that many on this forum have a fairly positive view of WHE as a footballer, but I do not share that view. I have found him underwhelming most weeks, and I have never seen anything that makes me think he will step up to become a very good footballer.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

I love the Pies, hate Carlscum