#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

As soon as the tattoo brigade are out of the club the better we shall be
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:Even now, those that have been quick to crucify him from the start are talking about the incident as if they were there and witnessed
I see some apologists doing exactly that
MJ23 wrote:If McRae isn't able to deal with this or any other sort of incident, at the start of his tenure or at the end, then maybe he wasn't the right person for the job
Change McRae to DeGoey and see where that leads you
1. Apologists as well as the perennial victim's I agree - hence why nothings changed since his arrest except continued uncertainty.

2. Far as I can tell, DeGoey with his manager and solicitor are dealing with it. Unless it is the situation itself you are talking about which you have no intimate knowledge about.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
And to If McRae isn't able to deal with this or any other sort of incident, at the start of his tenure or at the end, then maybe he wasn't the right person for the job
Seriously, WTF
Seriously, what is it you dont understand ?
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

inxs88 wrote:As soon as the tattoo brigade are out of the club the better we shall be
You’re not including Elliot in that,are you?As far as I know he’s never been in any trouble off field throughout his career,
Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies2016 wrote:I wouldn’t think the clubs actions are a consequence of this single event.
DeGoeys indiscretions continue to be a work in progress. At some point, when you have a repeat offender, you have to take an action that is different to previous actions because they simply haven’t worked.
The best thing DeGoey can do is to come back to the club ( whenever that is ) in career best peak fitness. Words mean nothing, it’s personal bests on the track that need to do his talking. At some point, he will be playing footy for Collingwood in 2022 and those games will have a huge bearing as to how the remainder of his career unfolds as an AFL footballer. In a way, the ball is still DeGoeys court ( excuse pun ) and we and other clubs are going to learn a lot about just how much footy really means to him over the next 12 months
Agree totally P2016. And I agree with the club's current stance. It is not soley about what happened at a NY night club. It is about JDG's entire off field (and on field) history. The two are connected. He has not yet fully unleashed the talent he undoubtedly has, and the reasons for this find expression in his repeated poor decision making and loose discipline off the field. Therefore, this is an opportunity for the club to draw a line in the sand and place the challenge firmly before JDG: are you going to measure up, are you going to put in the necessary commitment and hard yards to reach your full limit of potential, or not? The answer will be borne out by how he returns once the court case is over and the all clear is given for his return to training. This is the greatest mental and physical challenge ever made to De Goey. And this is precisely what he needs, and what the club needs. We will learn alot about JDG over the next couple of months.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

MJ23 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
And to If McRae isn't able to deal with this or any other sort of incident, at the start of his tenure or at the end, then maybe he wasn't the right person for the job
Seriously, WTF
Seriously, what is it you dont understand ?
Seriously I don’t understand this comment either partly because....

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:I wouldn’t think the clubs actions are a consequence of this single event.
DeGoeys indiscretions continue to be a work in progress. At some point, when you have a repeat offender, you have to take an action that is different to previous actions because they simply haven’t worked.
The best thing DeGoey can do is to come back to the club ( whenever that is ) in career best peak fitness. Words mean nothing, it’s personal bests on the track that need to do his talking. At some point, he will be playing footy for Collingwood in 2022 and those games will have a huge bearing as to how the remainder of his career unfolds as an AFL footballer. In a way, the ball is still DeGoeys court ( excuse pun ) and we and other clubs are going to learn a lot about just how much footy really means to him over the next 12 months
Agree totally P2016. And I agree with the club's current stance. It is not soley about what happened at a NY night club. It is about JDG's entire off field (and on field) history. The two are connected. He has not yet fully unleashed the talent he undoubtedly has, and the reasons for this find expression in his repeated poor decision making and loose discipline off the field. Therefore, this is an opportunity for the club to draw a line in the sand and place the challenge firmly before JDG: are you going to measure up, are you going to put in the necessary commitment and hard yards to reach your full limit of potential, or not? The answer will be borne out by how he returns once the court case is over and the all clear is given for his return to training. This is the greatest mental and physical challenge ever made to De Goey. And this is precisely what he needs, and what the club needs. We will learn alot about JDG over the next couple of months.
This, 1000 times this

Man when Eddie went to town defending the often indefensible people lost their minds, now the new coach and hierarchy are keeping a dignified silence, people are still losing their minds

I gotta tell you my sage old advice about what the **** is wrong with this entire planet right now!

Lack of: self control, ownership of behaviour,

and far too much entitlement.

Take responsibility for your action, (ie dickhead behaviour or putting yourself in the stupid situations in the first place).

You are NOT entitled to earn an easy 800,000k a year for simply showing up just because you have talent you pull out occasionally.

Someone mentioned tattoos, someone else mentioned Jaimie Elliot, my god if only DeGoey applied himself half as much as Jaimie does. I guess some of that is the difference between growing up in the bush with a widowed mother, and being an entitled st Kevin’s brat!

And people stop making excuses, for the frisbee dog, the drunk driving and speeding, for the bar room brawls and for more than one accusation of indecent behaviour. And no I don’t know the truth either, but there’s at least one lie here that has been outed.

Everything was going so well, new coach’s, players who wanted to come to our club, and then wham bang Thankyou mam! I really don’t care if he was goaded, he should not have been in that position, and I really don’t give a shit about players from other clubs misbehaving!

Was my dad the only one screaming at me “ if they jumped of the damn Westgate would you do that too?”
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

From this topic I have devised that Nick's posters, as a group, have a complete knowledge and understanding of the following:

What women think and want,
What men think and want,
What young footballers with wads of cash think,
How to coach an AFL club,
How to administer an AFL club,
A complete knowledge of American State and Federal Law and court proceedings,
A complete knowledge of Australian State and Federal Law,
What tattoo's do to an individuals thought process,
What the presumption of innocence means, and
At what point character evidence should be introduced in a legal proceeding

What have I missed?
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

That accusation = guilt and presumption of innocence is so last decade?
If it's on Social media it must be true?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Born to Pie wrote:From this topic I have devised that Nick's posters, as a group, have a complete knowledge and understanding of the following:

What men think and want,

What have I missed?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Born to Pie wrote:From this topic I have devised that Nick's posters, as a group, have a complete knowledge and understanding of the following:

What men think and want,

What have I missed?
You missed that the key word was deduced, not devised.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

MJ23 wrote:Far as I can tell, DeGoey with his manager and solicitor are dealing with it. Unless it is the situation itself you are talking about which you have no intimate knowledge about
Nobody here does. Including the people who think they do because of their geographical proximity

What Jordan's manager and solicitor (and McRae, and the club) are dealing with is the aftermath. Damage control. The only person mentioned who had any opportunity to deal with the situation itself was DeGoey, and while we don't and probably never will know the truth, it's clear he was not successful in doing so or we wouldn't be having this discussion
E

Post by E »

Pies2016 wrote:

What men think and want,

What have I missed?
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
E wrote:oh boy. i dont even know what to say here
Then you shouldn't have replied. Instead, you treated us to another farrago (look it up) which had exactly zero to do with the issue at hand - which, in case you forgot is the fact that our "best player" remains under suspension as a result of his own actions and (poor) decisions

As a supporter and member I am totally entitled to express an opinion on anything to do with the Collingwood football, especially on Nick's of all places. You don't have to agree with what I say. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. You can even object and make a counterpoint, but don't tell me I don't have any right to comment because I'm a "mere fan"

You do realise if there was no assault charge, this would have been over a month ago and he would be where he should be now i.e. back at training? Instead it's going to drag on for at least another 6 weeks, if not longer

How do you reckon McRae feels about this little Welcome to Collingwood circus? Gig wasn't tough enough already. Why don't you pen him an e-mail and tell him boys will be boys and to stop victimising poor Jordy

And yes, people that go to $3k nightclubs in NYC do sometimes take security. Costs less than a bottle of vodka and may well have prevented this entiure fiasco
you can express whatever you want dude, but your opinion is just like an "ars$hole" (i used quotes becasue you like to use them for no particular reason so i thought i would too). i find it funny that you think that is something others should change their behavior about. So righteous. Such a joke.

the facts are that its a minor indiscretion. He's an idiot who happens to be our best player. We don't pay him to be a role model. We pay him to win games. i'm sure McRae is excited to get the player back which will happen no matter how righteously indignant you get.

And TP, make your own damn argument. Dont hide behind a man!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E wrote:And TP, make your own damn argument. Dont hide behind a man!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You assume I’m a man? :D :D :D

This quote says it all
Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies2016 »

E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

What men think and want,

What have I missed?