#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Green is footy thug.

The point Im making isn't who is better. Are we going to say Degoey deserves to be ostracised because he isn't as good ?

Green has been referred to tribunal 22 times, the last costing his place in a Semi Final, and will miss the first 6 games of the year.

And this is the standard we want a Captain to aspire to ? Really, we put our club through the mincer, and reckon this is better ? Actually making a case for Green for Captain. ?

I reckon it's just an internal support move, because they know off field he is a really nice guy, with a disorder. Nothing about Captain or leadership.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I couldn't care less what GWS does with their leadership positions. Has Greene done anything off-field that has attracted sanction since his 2014 fine for assault (without conviction)?
Charlie Oneeye

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I don't giver a toss Green either.

Has Degoey done anything on field which effects team success ?

Is there some magic logic I'm missing ? You're allowed to %$^ up onfield, but not at home. ?

BTW, It was Degoey Lawyer who asked for the adjournment.

All they are trying to do is show the court that he has suffered enough, so even if he is found guilty he has been punished enough.

The club his extended his suspension to support that effort.
Back bucks

Post by Back bucks »

Allegedly on De Goey . Good work on the Greene Biography, Charlie. I honestly didn`t realise he had a list of demeanors that long. I still reckon he is a good footballer ,but after reading that, i might have to back pedal and agree with you about him being captain. It`s mind boggling stuff and not the kind of resume you would want your captain to have.
I blame my hair loss on supporting Collingwood for 50 years
Charlie Oneeye

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Back bucks wrote:Allegedly on De Goey . Good work on the Greene Biography, Charlie. I honestly didn`t realise he had a list of demeanors that long. I still reckon he is a good footballer ,but after reading that, i might have to back pedal and agree with you about him being captain. It`s mind boggling stuff and not the kind of resume you would want your captain to have.
Yep, correct. I'm just guessing.

After the sexual charge was dropped, ( btw, we can't see the people who made the charge from our sofa, maybe nasty vindictive types.)

A review should have allowed him to train. What's his history ? Is this the second misdemeanour since he has been on our list ?
Did he kill Bambi ?

Goodness, Sidey ran naked in the streets, lol Did Degoey task a Bus ? Did he drive around with underworld figures ? Did he hide this latest hiccup ? Did he mislead anyone ?

Newspapers will go for clicks. They dont give a toss about Green, Degoey or supporters. Only care about the income an article or topic generates.

If GWS can support a thug, Collingwood can support Degoey. And I feel they should, and hope they are in cahoots with his lawyer.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

What GWS do is their business. It’s irrelevant to our team culture.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Back bucks wrote:Allegedly on De Goey . Good work on the Greene Biography, Charlie. I honestly didn`t realise he had a list of demeanors that long. I still reckon he is a good footballer ,but after reading that, i might have to back pedal and agree with you about him being captain. It`s mind boggling stuff and not the kind of resume you would want your captain to have.
Yep, correct. I'm just guessing.

After the sexual charge was dropped, ( btw, we can't see the people who made the charge from our sofa, maybe nasty vindictive types.)

A review should have allowed him to train. What's his history ? Is this the second misdemeanour since he has been on our list ?
Did he kill Bambi ?

Goodness, Sidey ran naked in the streets, lol Did Degoey task a Bus ? Did he drive around with underworld figures ? Did he hide this latest hiccup ? Did he mislead anyone ?

Newspapers will go for clicks. They dont give a toss about Green, Degoey or supporters. Only care about the income an article or topic generates.

If GWS can support a thug, Collingwood can support Degoey. And I feel they should, and hope they are in cahoots with his lawyer.
for the first if thats a real question well man, you should not be commenting, because the answer is a big hard no! ask his dog or the breathiliser!

and the second, Green is definitely an on field thug, no worse than a couple of geelong or hawks players though, and he busts his gut on the field every game, he might just be a bees knee captain! he might use that as motivation to reel in the agro. the club has supported him in the past and im betting they are now, your just not hearing about it because the human loud speaker is no longer at the club. his silly brother should shut his mouth re training, before he pisses off the club. guilty or not now is his chance to prove he got fit for his career and means to turn it on in a more consistent manner. might be the shock he needs.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:
guilty or not now is his chance to prove he got fit for his career and means to turn it on in a more consistent manner. might be the shock he needs.
...and this is 100% the essence of it. This is the shock JDG needs.
The club is not an infinite fountain of forgiveness and forgetfulness, JDG. You now need to prove that you are going to commit yourself. Train with Buddha Hocking while we wait for the final outcome. No doubt, there is uncertainty. Will the verdict be in your favour? But this is where you have to prove yourself. Regardless, you need to be ready to rip the season apart.
I think Fly and Wright and the coaching team have got all settings absolutely brilliantly correct. JDG needs to sweat right now. Then, ground control to JDG, lift off, 2022.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

The day Collingwood make decisions based on what GWS do will be a sad day
Charlie Oneeye wrote:At Collingwood, early in the off season, you throw a punch at someone trying to punch you, and you can't get a game.
How many games has JDG missed?
Geek

Post by Geek »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:At GWS you can cut your opponent's face with your studs, spend half of your career being suspended for a myriad of offences, and still be Captain.

At Collingwood, early in the off season, you throw a punch at someone trying to punch you, and you can't get a game.
You forgot the bit about it being 2 onto 1 and then our guy and his mate laid the boot into the guy on the ground. You can't window dress that sort of thuggery as "just throwing a punch at a guy who tried punched you."

And you also forgot the history with our guy. He's a regular embarrassment to the club. The softly softly approach hasn't worked.

Look... Ideally, the charges collapse in January or maybe he gets some sort of community service undertaking, if that exists at all in US law. The club can then keep him on the payroll and we can reassess at the end of the season. I would consider shopping him around though.

Until then, he is facing a serious charge and one that didn't just disappear once the lawyers started talking. That's not a good sign. It is wise for Collingwood to be seen to be drawing this line in the sand on his behaviour. It's the AFL. Not the EDFL. There are expected standards of behaviour and Jordan would have signed a document saying that he would meet those standards. Therefore he is obliged to meet them, not just take the cash and **** off to the nearest glassing barn in his undies for a bit of biffo.

If he keeps up this behaviour, he will be deregistered by the AFL. Plain and simple. And Collingwood will get nothing in compensation.

Even assuming that Jordan is just a poor, misunderstood kid who gets taken advantage of all the time: do you think he will be able to go out anywhere in Melbourne now without some hero taking a shot at the title? What about about any woman who wants to raise her profile? How long before this all happens again?

And if it's the case that he is as big a dickhead as he appears? We'll be going through all of this again once he strings a couple of decent games together and thinks he's paid back the club's trust.

Luckily for us, he is in his FA year and is in good physical shape. If he can get past 20 games for once, he will attract strong bids for his service and we look like being bottom 4. The compensation should be good and we'll carve away some room in our TPP for some much needed front-loading. The idea that you shouldn't dump all your good, older players for draft picks doesn't apply here because Jordy doesn't protect his younger teammates. He doesn't shepherd. He doesn't fly the flag for them. And he provides zero leadership, unless showing the young'uns how to piss and punch on, lie about it and get away with it is the sort of leadership you are looking for at the club. And by the time we are challenging for the flag again (4 - 5 years), he will be around 30, with the sort of career longevity that you can expect from a player that didn't make every decision count in his early days. It's not imperative that we hold on to him. But if we do let him go, we need to get adequate recompense.

Then again, this may be the incident that wakes him up. Colour me dubious but we'll know more at the end of the season. I'm tipping it will be best to let him go.

As for GWS.... I would say that a major reason for them not winning the flag with all the talent and AFL largesse at their disposal is that they're the sort of club that make the likes of Toby Greene their club captain. Then they make him share it with 2 other players because they can't make up their mind on who should be the club's leader.

Has any team ever won a flag with co-captains?
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Has any team ever won a flag with co-captains?

Sydney. Barry Hall and Paul Kelly?
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Fate decided on jan 18 in a new york court.
Im from the old school.
Dont really care if he was in a fight at a night club.
Couldnt care less.
I bet numerous old hero's from our past were part time thugs.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Tonight on Nine News Brody Grundy has a say on JDG

I’ll be watching
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Nine had I think only used a Collingwood presser to highlight JDG

Watched it on Pie TV
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/som ... 59h1d.html

The Great One has been sent out to state the Club's line.