#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

No JDG just helps Grundy get his wish, no finals, easy money
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

That’s a stupid thing to say. He’s plainly speaking as a member of the leadership group on behalf of the Club.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I didn’t like Grundy’s mercenary behaviour in holding the club to ransom at his last contract negotiations and influencing others to do the same thing
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
AJ

Post by AJ »

Grundy should worry about getting a kick.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:That’s a stupid thing to say. He’s plainly speaking as a member of the leadership group on behalf of the Club.
A leader who doesn’t think winning is important, just collecting his $7 million.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

AJ wrote:Grundy should worry about getting a kick.
:D Rather than pontificating at length about JDG, Grundy could've used the interview to explain how he will return to top form this season and start earning that lucrative contract. He mentioned that he had lost 7kg at the conclusion of the vision shown and that was it!
It seemed a bit of a club propaganda exercise to me to reinforce its controversial stand on JDG.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’m confused. Is it our two time best and fairest ruckman who made a goose of himself yet again or was it Degoey. Why is Grundy copping flak on here when he was only asked a question about our perennial village idiot. I would suggest Degoey is also on a contract that warrants performances much better than what he’s shown to date. Seriously, do we really need to infect another thread with Grundy negativity when it’s DeGoeys actions alone that are the reason for this media circus in the first place.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Pies2016 wrote:I’m confused. Is it our two time best and fairest ruckman who made a goose of himself yet again or was it Degoey. Why is Grundy copping flak on here when he was only asked a question about our perennial village idiot. I would suggest Degoey is also on a contract that warrants performances much better than what he’s shown to date. Seriously, do we really need to infect another thread with Grundy negativity when it’s DeGoeys actions alone that are the reason for this media circus in the first place.

Seriously, if only JDG put in anywhere near grundys effort!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

JDG wins Collingwood games of footy, Grundy doesn't...
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Better tell the Copeland voters
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

If there are players who are mates of JDG then this statement by Grundy may be ill timed
One in particular is Darcy Moore who was almost like a brother to Jordan ( remember Peter Moore saying that when both got drafted together)

On the other hand he may well have said what the the senior group is feeling

Just hope it doesn’t turn out to “Loose lips sink ships”
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Or, since he is putting out the Club's official message, it's perfectly-timed and exactly what the Club wants said.

It's startling that so many on here imagine that Grundy was sent out to face the media and said something about De Goey that the Club didn't intend.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Interesting situation !!
I wonder is Brody in pocession of information the club is yet to announce and are Brody (and other senior players) given a club line to trot out when asked of JDG
Bear in mind it was Collingwood,s own media that asked those leading questions
GlovemanGayfer

Post by GlovemanGayfer »

How often does Grundy get abused on here for not being a leader?

When he does show clear leadership (and let'e be honest this is the message we have wanted from the club for years) he cops another whack.

Me thinks he can't win whatever he does.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I am sure the team leaders have discussed Jordan in house and had it been Howe or Roughead for example that were interviewed and same questions put to them would they have differed from Grundy