#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

GlovemanGayfer wrote:How often does Grundy get abused on here for not being a leader?

When he does show clear leadership (and let'e be honest this is the message we have wanted from the club for years) he cops another whack.

Me thinks he can't win whatever he does.
this!!!

i love grundy, love his attitude and his honesty. he admits lockdowns were hard. and as for winning games, id like to see a comparison of ball touches, time on ground and actually near play, and win lose for both, no grundy we were be bottom this year, and even i admit he had a couple of stinkers!! jordy is amazing flash in the pan studff, but consistency wins it, because if you dont hacve consistent effort you are not near enough at the pointy end for a flashy play to win it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I commend Grundy for his words and attitudes re. Jordy.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Gee whizz, how anyone can criticize Grundys comments is mind boggling.... maybe watch the full interview, then share what points you actually disagree with.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 980e80acdf
Don't count the days, make the days count.
skaman
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

I remember the night DeGoey got drafted turning to Buckley saying “ I wont let you down”… well fast forward and Jordan, you HAVE let alot of people down , at Collingwood, players and supporters alike. More iportant though, you have let yourself down. No doubt you have talent to burn. Youre showing yourself up to be not the sharpest tool in the shed. Yep, just a tool!!! Now id hate for you to be elsewhere and then turn on what we know you could have. That would kill me. However, i hope you bust your guts for yourself , team mates and us long suffering supporters. We wanna see you at your best. Grow up fast. Make better decisions. Go grey( public invisible), show us what youve got. Burn it up for the Pies! You can be part of an exciting era for Collingwood. Im really positive for this coming season.
Floreat Pica
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Agree absolutely with what Brodie said. Exactly what JDG needs to hear. You are a big boy now JDG, your actions have consequences, and you need to realise that. When you do, you will become a far greater player.
Moreover, looks like Grundy is on the same page with Fly.
Grundy has not in the past come forward with statements such as this. I think this is a really positive sign. I think the sync between Grundy and the coach will be a hugely important factor in what happens next year.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

eddiesmith wrote:JDG wins Collingwood games of footy, Grundy doesn't...
Perhaps the most incredibly non factual comment that I have ever seen... except when I saw Donald Trump claim that drinking bleach would be a cure for covid.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Skids wrote:Gee whizz, how anyone can criticize Grundys comments is mind boggling.... maybe watch the full interview, then share what points you actually disagree with.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 980e80acdf
Not to mention the big news is Grundy losing kilos and obviously doing what he can to improve himself over the pre-season. If that's not a positive sign then people are being wilfully miserable.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yep Grundy looks fricken amazing!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jordy’s getting some tough love and will probably have to prove himself through the Magoos if he gets off the assault charges and the club allows him back. It’s his eighth season ffs.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Magpietothemax wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:JDG wins Collingwood games of footy, Grundy doesn't...
Perhaps the most incredibly non factual comment that I have ever seen... except when I saw Donald Trump claim that drinking bleach would be a cure for covid.
Who was that tall guy in the goal square who kicked the winning goal against Richmond in the dying minutes of the game a few year's ago? He looked a lot like Grundy.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 81 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Grundy was simply talking like a leader, which is what he is.

Regardless of the outcome of Jordy's court case, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is one person who should not drink at all. Some people get jolly when they've had a few, but others seem to get agro and troublesome. Unfortunately, Jordy's track record suggests he's in the latter group. Time to grow up Jordy and become a real man.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

I don't think Grundy has said anything wrong here.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 28 times

Post by think better »

think positive wrote:Yep Grundy looks fricken amazing!
Dare I say he looks like a million dollars!
I think therefore I think - I think
think positive

Post by think positive »

hehehe! boom tish!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

RudeBoy wrote:Grundy was simply talking like a leader, which is what he is.

Regardless of the outcome of Jordy's court case, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is one person who should not drink at all. Some people get jolly when they've had a few, but others seem to get agro and troublesome. Unfortunately, Jordy's track record suggests he's in the latter group. Time to grow up Jordy and become a real man.
Every Australian has a right to a drink. That’s the law. It’s in the Constitution. Freedom to partake in beverages . Section 51 (29). Check it out before you start giving out legal advice to a great champion of our Club.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.