#13 Dale Thomas

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

I am a Collingwood SUPPORTER I do not adversely comment on the Club, its adminnistaration or players unless I am in possession of all the FACTS. My loyality to our great club will continue in the same manner.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
skaman
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Pendles situation wont happen. By that stage he will be El Capitano! :)
Personally dont think Daisy will go either. If he did, wouldnt be the same impact as a key position player that Clokey is anyway. Time to settle down everyone.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Member 7167 wrote:I am a Collingwood SUPPORTER I do not adversely comment on the Club, its adminnistaration or players unless I am in possession of all the FACTS. My loyality to our great club will continue in the same manner.
Yep rigid, concrete, simplistic, and without critical reason.

Yet you are happy to attack other posters without having "all the facts" you sanctimonious hypocrite.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Life is better with "IGNORE"
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Member 7167 wrote:I am a Collingwood SUPPORTER I do not adversely comment on the Club, its adminnistaration or players unless I am in possession of all the FACTS. My loyality to our great club will continue in the same manner.
+ 1

Collingwood posters here who comment on issues without facts are as stupid as the posters who believe them..... :roll:
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Member 7167 wrote:Life is better with "IGNORE"
Go ahead and do it then. I wont care at all. :lol:
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Lazza wrote:
+ 1

Collingwood posters here who comment on issues without facts are as stupid as the posters who believe them..... :roll:
Then I expect you not to post at all since no-one, except the actors involved perhaps, have "all the facts." :roll:
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

<snip>
Genesis 1:1
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

C'mon Mods! This was just getting interesting :D
I'm a big fan of the ongoing stoush between E and Pa Marmo.

But seriously kids, I have every right to be critical of my club, its staff, admin, coaches or players if necessary.

Last year the club's footy department (Walsh), CEO, President and possibly the coach allowed the footy club to be hijacked by the media and the Cloke family.

It should never have happened. If the club was to make a stand on principle and lose Cloke, then so be it; it could have stood firm and earned the respect of all.

Instead it postured, snarled, threatened and then refused to talk further. And after all that, it simply rolled over and gave the Cloke's exactly what they had wanted all along.

No problem with the Clokes really; a player should get the best deal he can. The club on the other hand was timid and weak. It sent a message to every player and manager that it can be bent over.

Am I a loyal supporter and member? Sure I am. I've been supporting my club for over 50 years. So please, Member7167, Stui and assorted whingers, stop the sanctimonious, juvenile nonsense.

If the Club deserves a whack it'll get it from me and surely that doesn't make me a Jack Spain Tea Bagger.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Neil Appleby wrote:C'mon Mods! This was just getting interesting :D

But seriously kids, I have every right to be critical of my club, its staff, admin, coaches or players if necessary.

Last year the club's footy department (Walsh), CEO, President and possibly the coach allowed the footy club to be hijacked by the media and the Cloke family.

It should never have happened. If the club was to make a stand on principle and lose Cloke, then so be it; it could have stood firm and earned the respect of all.

Instead it postured, snarled, threatened and then refused to talk further. And after all that, it simply rolled over and gave the Cloke's exactly what they had wanted all along.

No problem with the Clokes really; a player should get the best deal he can. The club on the other hand was timid and weak. It sent a message to every player and manager that it can be bent over.

Am I a loyal supporter and member? Sure I am. I've been supporting my club for over 50 years. So please, Member7167, Stui and assorted whingers, stop the sanctimonious, juvenile nonsense.

If the Club deserves a whack it'll get it from me and surely that doesn't make me a Jack Spain Tea Bagger.
From my perspective this BB is deteriorating and there are more supposed supporters here than every taking every opportunity to attack and condemn the club. I do not see this as the roll of a supporter.

This does not mean that the club is beyond criticism (an example being the pub fiasco where it was clearly evident that due diligence had not been conducted correctly and as a result the club too a financial hit)

It is well publicised that we are the most disliked club. We have more than enough people on the outside who will condemn us at every opportunity. Where I find it a bit rich is for supporters to attack us from within with the only basis being what they read in the media. How the media can be viewed as a legitimate factual source is a joke. We all know that they make it up as they go and casting the CFC in a bad light is the first thing they learn as a Melbourne journalist.

The Cloke saga is a good example and we simply do not KNOW the content of the negotiations. All I know is that Cloke is still a Pie for the next 5 years and so far we have gained more from free agency than what we have lost.

As far as Walsh is concerned his record speaks for itself when looking at the retention rate of our A graders especially at a time when crazy contracts were being offered by the Suns and GWS as well as the first year of free agency.

Until I KNOW differently I will still maintain my belief in the club, its administration and its players. The day I boo one of our players on the field is the day I should walk from the MCG for the last time with my head lowered in shame.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Loyalty is actually one of the least important virtues.

The mafia are very loyal to each other. So are Scientologists. Then again Collingwood is closer to a cult than any other football club. :lol:
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Member 7167 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:C'mon Mods! This was just getting interesting :D

From my perspective this BB is deteriorating and there are more supposed supporters here than every taking every opportunity to attack and condemn the club. I do not see this as the roll of a supporter.

This does not mean that the club is beyond criticism (an example being the pub fiasco where it was clearly evident that due diligence had not been conducted correctly and as a result the club too a financial hit)

It is well publicised that we are the most disliked club. We have more than enough people on the outside who will condemn us at every opportunity. Where I find it a bit rich is for supporters to attack us from within with the only basis being what they read in the media. How the media can be viewed as a legitimate factual source is a joke. We all know that they make it up as they go and casting the CFC in a bad light is the first thing they learn as a Melbourne journalist.

The Cloke saga is a good example and we simply do not KNOW the content of the negotiations. All I know is that Cloke is still a Pie for the next 5 years and so far we have gained more from free agency than what we have lost.

As far as Walsh is concerned his record speaks for itself when looking at the retention rate of our A graders especially at a time when crazy contracts were being offered by the Suns and GWS as well as the first year of free agency.

Until I KNOW differently I will still maintain my belief in the club, its administration and its players. The day I boo one of our players on the field is the day I should walk from the MCG for the last time with my head lowered in shame.
I agree with all this.

And I'd highlight the last line if I could figure out how to do it with an I Pad.

The so called Bronx cheers are disgusting and embarrassing

I also agree with Spain, we are a cult! And loving it.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

skaman wrote:Pendles situation wont happen. By that stage he will be El Capitano! :)
Personally dont think Daisy will go either. If he did, wouldnt be the same impact as a key position player that Clokey is anyway. Time to settle down everyone.
Agree with all that too!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OH GOD, please, not ALL this speculation and malarkey again, not AGAIN !! I could not stand it, I just hope Daisy does not appear on the FS as Cloke did, and stoke the fire with petrol. Please, just have some commonsense.
As for me, this is my last word on the matter. I will not say a word.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Will Daisy Thomas be the new Travis Cloke in 2013?

Post by Piesnchess »

jack_spain wrote:
ClokingDevice wrote:
Pies contract woes move to Thomas
Contract woes????

We signed everyone ffs :roll:
Don't blame me, blame that Green-Leftist rag The Age.
THE AGE is Leftist Jack, :shock: - tell that to Michelle Gratten and Shaun Carney who write anti- Gillard articles nearly every day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.