#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Hiss wrote: Every Australian has a right to a drink. That’s the law. It’s in the Constitution. Freedom to partake in beverages . Section 51 (29). Check it out before you start giving out legal advice to a great champion of our Club.
Hey Hissy fit dude,
You are sometimes a logical bloke! Every Australian has a right to drink however there is no such thing as having a right without a corresponding responsibility and accountability. For example you have the right to drink but it is irresponsible of you to work or illegal to drive while intoxicated. Even someone like you from Sleepy Hollow should know that and unless you are a dumb Carlscum fan, you are not that bloody ignorant
Last edited by think positive on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

Jordy was down with us enjoying the comforts of Leopold Sporties. I'm sure one of the days specials put his mind at ease of the upcoming hearing.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Hiss wrote:
Yes I agree with you Lazza , except when you call me Hissy . I find that quiet racist . But anyway, let’s stick to the topic of a Constitutional right we have to enjoy a drink. JDG is just a kid enjoying a few quiet beers and people want to lynch him. He is a champion player and we need to cut him a bit of slack. We should be glad he wasn’t charged with bootlegging. No one said he was driving anyway . The Club owe him loyalty and should pay his legal costs and fines.
:lol: Brilliant Hiss. I love your humour.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Lets hope JDG is coping well mentally and hasnt let this incident get on top of him. He should be grateful for his chances and get cracking for 2022 and beyond.
Cmon Jordan its time !!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Skids wrote:
MJ23 wrote:68 pages and no opinions have changed.....with facts or without.
Sounds about right
How so? Regardless of the outcome of this trial, JDG has proven that alcohol is not something he should be partaking in. He's been in more trouble than Ned Kelly when intoxicated... why would anyone's opinion, regarding his behaviour change?

As a reformed alcohol abuser myself (haven't had a drink in almost 2 years) I know exactly the damage that can be done when under the influence. I'm a slow learner, it took me until 52 years of age to work it out.
JDG has all the support around him to act a bit swifter... and a career at stake.

I wish him all the best and would love to see him continue playing and dominating games, like we all know he can. It's up to him which path he chooses.
So hes an abuser of alcohol and as bad as ned kelly who killed people.....
sounds about right
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Has JDG had a blood alcohol reading ? I may have missed it

Have we taken all aspects and made each the worst case scenario?

Out of all this, I take the clubs stance that all things have been weighed and the club has taken the appropriate action.

It may be worse. it may not. It may be just waiting out the court case and maybe not.

btw , not happy and not condoning and not justifying and not making excuses. Just saying.
Two fairly recent Brownlow medalists, 1 was sued for causing or was involved in the midst of causing (claimed) brain injury, and the other was in trouble for sticking chopsticks in a girls eyes.

Degoey had a case as a stupid young man in 2015?, A P plater in trouble twice.. and this ? OMG
stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:
Hiss wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Grundy was simply talking like a leader, which is what he is.

Regardless of the outcome of Jordy's court case, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is one person who should not drink at all. Some people get jolly when they've had a few, but others seem to get agro and troublesome. Unfortunately, Jordy's track record suggests he's in the latter group. Time to grow up Jordy and become a real man.
Every Australian has a right to a drink. That’s the law. It’s in the Constitution. Freedom to partake in beverages . Section 51 (29). Check it out before you start giving out legal advice to a great champion of our Club.
Hmm...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_51(xxix)_of_the_Constitution_of_Australia

(No, you can't click on that link; yes, you can copy and paste :P)
Personally I'm a fan of the first part of the 21st Amendment. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

MJ23 wrote:So hes an abuser of alcohol
https://images.app.goo.gl/U5XDixLFzAZP6Xrs6
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

I wouldn’t go that far!

Yes he has a drunk driving conviction from I think 2018 on p plates.
Then another for texting a traffic lights.
He lied about breaking his hand in a bar fight blamed his dog and a frisbee!
There has been 2 accusations of indecent touching, no conviction 1 withdrawn.

He just a silly arrogant young man who doesn’t realise how lucky he is to earn a living playing AFL, with natural talent that can earn him enough to set himself up for life. He clearly hangs with bad influences or maybe he’s the bad influence. Either way it’s time to stop believing his own press and get a proper manager not a yes man relative .

For those excusing his night off from training, he was so lucky and privileged to be able to travel to the states at all. Regardless of the charges if he is serious about getting fit then it’s common sense that he should not have been in the state he was in in the video. Coming back to preseason in tip too condition is part of his job description, a part he has never yet achieved in his career.

I hope he gets his fair whack and a wake up call. It’s all on him now, a coulda been or a true superstar. He has the talent he doesn’t seem to have the balls to do it. Time to grow up
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
E

Post by E »

TP, that about sums it up perfectly.

I guess the only areas where one might push back is to ask:

1. Is he really wasting his talent? He is without question our best player and one of the best in the league (even if many here think he is capable of being the best in the league!). He obviously did some hard work to get to this position (was it Ray Allen who famously said - i don't believe in talent, only hard work). And the AFL is the pinnacle of the sport so the kid has done a LOT right.

2. Are his off field indiscretions really that bad that he cant have them AND still be a good footballer? Remember that most of these things have happened to him in the offseason, and although there have been perhaps too many incidents, none of the incidents turned out to be too bad (if any of them were his only misdemeanor, would any of us care).

3. He definitely hasn't put in multiple big midfield type pre-seasons as he has never been able to p[lay midfield for 4 quarters. But, he has been unlucky with injuries (his stomach seems to cause him problems) and was never actually groomed for a midfield role so wasnt asked to do so until recently when our lack of a midfield was crying out for him to join it. in 2018 for example, he was plenty fit for the role we needed him for. And you do typically have to sacrifice endurance for power. (NFL players need oxygen after a 50 yard dash!). Does that mean he hasn't worked hard enough? or was he just not doing what he needed to be able to do what we need him to do now! Maybe that was the point of the trip to California.

Anyway, i prefer my players not making news. And i also like my players to respect women and not be guys that go looking for trouble. I think he could definitely improve in those two areas.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 81 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I agree with both TP and E.

But remember, while he may be (is) a dickhead, he's our dickhead.

Have a good festive season fellow Nicksters!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E wrote: you do typically have to sacrifice endurance for power. (NFL players need oxygen after a 50 yard dash!
My (limited) understanding is O2 use during NFL games is mostly about breaking down lactic acid during the inevitable cooldowns on the sidelines, due to the stop-start nature of the game

Just more proof that NFL players are soft :)

E wrote: Anyway, i prefer my players not making news. And i also like my players to respect women and not be guys that go looking for trouble. I think he could definitely improve in those two areas.
Hear, hear
mugway05

Post by mugway05 »

When’s the De Goey case? Surely he returns to training after that. Can’t be far off. Surely!
Around the world in a Collingwood Jumper.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Stand to be corrected but I don’t think JDG will be allowed to train with Collingwood until the AFL removes his current deregistered status.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Jezza
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 234 times

Post by Jezza »

mugway05 wrote:When’s the De Goey case? Surely he returns to training after that. Can’t be far off. Surely!
It was reported in December that De Goey's case was adjourned until January 4.

A final decision on the case would be reached on January 18.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆